• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#13 Oklahoma vs #15 Texas

Who wins?

• Total voters

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wins the Red River Shootout?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma in a close game. 10-14 points. Oklahoma is going into the RRSO with confidence and we all know Jones' game is mental so he should be feeling good heading in. Oklahoma also seems to have found its running game and that will be vital to keep pressure off the quarterback. Oklahoma's defense has been getting better too.

Conversely, Texas has looked awfully unimpressive at times this season and I think Oklahoma's defense smothers Texas' offense. But it is the RRSO the game should be decided by no more than 2 scores.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game will warch.

Texas

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not confident at all in OU's team this year. Yea, they beat the hell out of an overrated T.Tech but so what? Plenty of people will do that by the end of the season. This year's team is quite capable of laying a rotten egg any weekend and I'm afraid this will be one of them. I won't be surprised with Texas winning by 7-9 points in a game that is extremely frustrating when OU makes too many mistakes and UT takes advantage of them. Hate to say it, and I'll hate even worse watching it, but this doesn't feel like OU's year.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone has got a Jedi-Mind Trick working on Landry at the moment...dude was a freaking robot in the last game.

I think Whitney is holding out all week until after he brings home teh 'W'. "NO PUSSY UNLESS YOU WIN."

If THAT Landry plays in this game, texico is in BIG trouble. If pussy is indeed the variable, they are doomed.

...and he is 2-0 against texico as a starter...jus' sayin'...

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma better win, for ND's sake of course. Being unbiased though I think Texas takes this one. OK has done much less than expected at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like pizza

Give me OU in another no defense game over UT

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not confident at all in OU's team this year. Yea, they beat the hell out of an overrated T.Tech but so what? Plenty of people will do that by the end of the season. This year's team is quite capable of laying a rotten egg any weekend and I'm afraid this will be one of them. I won't be surprised with Texas winning by 7-9 points in a game that is extremely frustrating when OU makes too many mistakes and UT takes advantage of them. Hate to say it, and I'll hate even worse watching it, but this doesn't feel like OU's year.

I agree with this...rep...oh wait. lol

If Jones has a bad start or things don't go their way they will be in big trouble.

The sky is falling...the sky is falling!!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key is OU's OL vs Texas DL.

If Texas gets pressure on Jones, it won't matter.......because we ALL know when he faces pressure he folds like a bad hand.

I think Texas will indeed get plenty of pressure on Jones, like they did on Geno Smith. Difference is, Smith had Austin to pass to, and OU does NOT have difference makers on defense to stop the texas offense.

Whichever team makes the fewest mistakes wins.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All OU has to do is run the ball like OSU and WVU, then Texas won't have a prayer because they'll be so concerned about stopping the run that Jones won't be hurried too often. And yes OU has the backs to run on Texas' porous run D.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All OU has to do is run the ball like OSU and WVU, then Texas won't have a prayer because they'll be so concerned about stopping the run that Jones won't be hurried too often. And yes OU has the backs to run on Texas' porous run D.

This is only partly true. WVU ran the ball on Texas, but Texas still got 3 sacks and two forced fumbles. The Texas pass rush is LEGIT, as are their corners. They aren't going to stop coming.

The question is whether or not your OC sticks with the run, as you have a tendency to fall in love with the pass.

And the opposite is true as well.....texas WILL be able to run the ball on you as well.

BRIANWVU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in agreement here with putting pressure on Landry Jones . If Texas gets the pressure that will be the difference . . I am going to say Texas will win this and it could get ugly

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That hurry up offense is a big concern, especially when UT-Norman hands off out of that formation.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas offense has looked years ahead of what it was in 2011 so it worries me a little. OU's defense held Kansas st to just 14 offensive points so I to believe they are up to the challenge to stop whatever Texas brings at them.

Texas DE's are beastly and they will contain the outside well. It's got to be a pound n ground up the middle game then play action over the top on those safeties who bite that will stop Texas in their tracks.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is only partly true. WVU ran the ball on Texas, but Texas still got 3 sacks and two forced fumbles. The Texas pass rush is LEGIT, as are their corners. They aren't going to stop coming.

The question is whether or not your OC sticks with the run, as you have a tendency to fall in love with the pass.

And the opposite is true as well.....texas WILL be able to run the ball on you as well.

Yep. The difference will be whether heupel falls in love with the pass or not. If they stay balanced and run at Texas' defense Oklahoma wins. If they rely on jones too much Texas' pass rush will force him into mistakes and Texas wins.