• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

12tm, half ppr, DST premium scoring, drafted from 5 slot

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did a couple of things completely different than any drafts I've completed over the last ~20yrs, drafted 2 DSTs before my QB...waited until 2nd last round to take my QB!

No IR spots had me shying away from Hockenson or Brooks, would much rather try to hit a HR on a WR or RB that's playing the first month of the season then hold onto those guys in hopes that they are back to full speed for fantasy impact.

Baker - opens the season with a very nice schedule + Evans stack
Bijan - pick 1.05, Lamb went 4....so close!
Jacobs - bumped him up the board a little with all of his backups hurt right now, expecting GB to run him into the ground these next 2 seasons as well
Evans - like that the TB passing attack stayed together, one of the few WRs where I feel like it is safe to project 10 TDs
Pittman - I have more faith in Shane Steichen than Anthony Richardson, think regardless who QB is, Pittman is gonna get fed
Engram - Pederson offense has a long history of top TE production, expect it to continue...debated stacking TLaw here but Baker schedule looks a ton easier to start
Cooper - took the "swing for the fences" approach for my flex/backup WRs
SF Kicker - kicker guy on team that scores a lot of pts
Cincy DST - Pats week 1 in Cincy, fire it up anywhere you can

Pollard/Singletary/McLaughlin - couple guys that should lead their teams in snaps/touches and a nice wildcard in McLaughlin, who looks to be the passing down RB in Sean Payton's offense
C.Watson - another HR swing pick here, my least favorite WR on GB but can't argue what he's done when he's been healthy
Jets D - play SF in week 1 so I'm stashing them for their easy matchups that follow

1724985347342.png

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 438.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. Not a big fan of taking 2 defenses. Especially since you waited on QB. I would have taken one when you took the Jets (TLaw, Cousins, someone in that range, maybe?) Overall, I like that strategy.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. Not a big fan of taking 2 defenses. Especially since you waited on QB. I would have taken one when you took the Jets (TLaw, Cousins, someone in that range, maybe?) Overall, I like that strategy.

yea, the zero QB strategy probably needs a backup... but his QB1 is someone who should be a QB2, you dont need a lower end QB2 or a QB3 on your team, the waiver wire is going to ALWAYS have that....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, the zero QB strategy probably needs a backup... but his QB1 is someone who should be a QB2, you dont need a lower end QB2 or a QB3 on your team, the waiver wire is going to ALWAYS have that....

my QB strategy started off leaning towards Dak or Tua, but I made the decision to pass on Dak in round 6 for Engram, Dak went next to the Lamb owner, then figured no one behind me in the 10th/11th turn would take a backup QB and one guy took Tua, then I figured everyone else available was the exact same, so stacking Evans/Baker with a favorable schedule made the most sense. And I KNEW no one was taking Baker.

here's the QBs that I can potentially stream if needed:

TLaw, Cousins, Herbert, Stafford, Rodgers, Geno, Levis, Darnold, Nix, Carr, Watson....I'm active enough that if Baker isn't getting it done I'll pivot and most likely carry 2 QBs to stream

About as good of a starting schedule as it gets for Baker Bros this season

1725046579864.png

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 438.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it like you're taking a dart throw that your QB will be a solid starter for the entire year instead of just a matchup guy. There seems to be a few of the guys in that range could end up doing that and if you have 2 shots at hitting on that guy in the draft, it is better than waiting a couple of weeks and risking someone else grabbing that guy.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it like you're taking a dart throw that your QB will be a solid starter for the entire year instead of just a matchup guy. There seems to be a few of the guys in that range could end up doing that and if you have 2 shots at hitting on that guy in the draft, it is better than waiting a couple of weeks and risking someone else grabbing that guy.

no... he doesnt have to be good at all... replacement value is replacement value.... no need to add that value when it is always available... whether if he needs to stream all sesaon, or if he finds a diamond in the rough....

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 438.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my QB strategy started off leaning towards Dak or Tua, but I made the decision to pass on Dak in round 6 for Engram, Dak went next to the Lamb owner, then figured no one behind me in the 10th/11th turn would take a backup QB and one guy took Tua, then I figured everyone else available was the exact same, so stacking Evans/Baker with a favorable schedule made the most sense. And I KNEW no one was taking Baker.

here's the QBs that I can potentially stream if needed:

TLaw, Cousins, Herbert, Stafford, Rodgers, Geno, Levis, Darnold, Nix, Carr, Watson....I'm active enough that if Baker isn't getting it done I'll pivot and most likely carry 2 QBs to stream

About as good of a starting schedule as it gets for Baker Bros this season

View attachment 372554
I think I would drop the Jets for Lawrence today, if it were me.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would drop the Jets for Lawrence today, if it were me.

ok... now that i see TLaw is available... i was not expecting that at all... now i agree with you.... not sure if i would drop the jets D... but i would definitley add Tlaw...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as for the reason I took 2 DST, the scoring settings are juiced - the top DSTs score similarly to low end RB/WR1's on a weekly basis and it is risky to try to stream them, as 4-5 owners are trying to do that at the same time since they can score a lot in the right matchups.

1725046862218.png

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the play might be to gamble a bit and see if any of the waiver QBs play really well and hope to drop Cincy D in wk2 for a QB and roll with Jets after the get past the SF matchup.

Will also get a chance to see how Jets play with Rodgers and if having a better offense gives the D a bump at all

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 438.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok... now that i see TLaw is available... i was not expecting that at all... now i agree with you.... not sure if i would drop the jets D... but i would definitley add Tlaw...
Homer...

I only said the Jets because Cincy has a pretty easy (on paper) week 1 matchup and i would be streaming defenses anyway. Although Monkey said this league settings makes that tough.

But hell, I would dump Baker for TLaw. I feel like he has a chance to be that plug and play guy that I was talking about.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nah... the jets MIGHT be an elite defense... youd dont want to drop them before knowing whether they are... the only reason he has cincin is for week one... so he can wait after week one and then drop the bengals and pick up any of those QBs... sure Tlaw is who i prefer, but there was a couple good names there that makes waiting less painful...

if i was to drop a player right now it would be the bengals... Week one is always too much of a crapshoot to make a pick entirely meant for the first week...