• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 12/31 CFB Semi-Final #2 Georgia - Ohio St ESPN

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, good grief. Go watch the video so you can see the helmet to helmet head shot for yourself.

View attachment 318092
First off, he didn’t catch it either way. It changed nothing. Second, he DIDNT lead with the crown of his helmet. His right arm in the reply’s shows he was hitting high at shoulders as shown with the extension after the play. Side of their helmets yes probably made contact. It wasn’t targeting by the definition of the rule. Get the fuck over it!

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he really say this?
You would need to read his statement. Using "Coach Speak", he said it without the exact words. I did say 'he must feel".

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, he didn’t catch it either way. It changed nothing. Second, he DIDNT lead with the crown of his helmet. His right arm in the reply’s shows he was hitting high at shoulders as shown with the extension after the play. Side of their helmets yes probably made contact. It wasn’t targeting by the definition of the rule. Get the fuck over it!

FFS :L

Go back and watch the video! 22's helmet squarely hits Harrison's helmet. If you can't admit that, then you're flat out lying.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFS :L

Go back and watch the video! 22's helmet squarely hits Harrison's helmet. If you can't admit that, then you're flat out lying.
Side to side it made contact. Helmets hit often in football every play lol. That doesn’t mean it’s targeting you dumb fuck

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side to side it made contact. Helmets hit often in football every play lol. That doesn’t mean it’s targeting you dumb fuck

he hit him in the head and knocked him out of the game, you retarded assh0le!

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he hit him in the head and knocked him out of the game, you retarded assh0le!
My goodness you are one really stupid fuck. Watch the fucking replay again in slow motion. He didn’t fucking lead with his crown to his head!!!!!!! Put your fucking glasses on, sore ass loser.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goodness you are one really stupid fuck. Watch the fucking replay again in slow motion. He didn’t fucking lead with his crown to his head!!!!!!! Put your fucking glasses on, sore ass loser.
I dont think it was targeting but according to the rule you do not have to hit with the crown for it to be targeting.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think it was targeting but according to the rule you do not have to hit with the crown for it to be targeting.
Right, true, but hitting a guy in shoulders who damn near made a grab on that pass is what it is, a hard ass hit.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, true, but hitting a guy in shoulders who damn near made a grab on that pass is what it is, a hard ass hit.
You argued "He didn’t fucking lead with his crown to his head", which was pointless. As I said I dont think it was targeting.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whatever. Glad you enjoy watching these hard ass hits on defenseless players, because it just validated the fears of all who refused to play for fear of getting hit in the head like that. Look for more and more players to sit out because of hits like that.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever. Glad you enjoy watching these hard ass hits on defenseless players, because it just validated the fears of all who refused to play for fear of getting hit in the head like that. Look for more and more players to sit out because of hits like that.
It’s football, not women’s basketball ya fucking weenie. It wasn’t targeting! Gonna bitch about it some more?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s football, not women’s basketball ya fucking weenie. It wasn’t targeting! Gonna bitch about it some more?

Yup.

Leading with helmet, shoulder forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area.

Say whatever you want, but I've seen targeting called for MUCH less, and w/out any head injuries resulting from the hit.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

Leading with helmet, shoulder forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area.

Say whatever you want, but I've seen targeting called for MUCH less, and w/out any head injuries resulting from the hit.
Yes and many called less were bullshit calls.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen dozens of lesser hits get called targeting. It may not have been intentional, but it was worth the flag. and let's not forget, it knocked a player out of the game.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re crying because your team got a gift losing their last game and still getting a playoff berth and then they got completely out played in the 4Q. You can’t own either of these two realities so you’re crying about calls like a bitch. This is what happens when life’s losers live vicariously through a football team in order to gain self esteem. Sad.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen dozens of lesser hits get called targeting. It may not have been intentional, but it was worth the flag. and let's not forget, it knocked a player out of the game.
It did but a hard hit does always require a flag. Was it enough for a defenseless receiver, maybe.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re crying because your team got a gift losing their last game and still getting a playoff berth and then they got completely out played in the 4Q. You can’t own either of these two realities so you’re crying about calls like a bitch. This is what happens when life’s losers live vicariously through a football team in order to gain self esteem. Sad.

Look who crawls out of his hole to try and keep the argument going. Do us all a big favor and follow the rest of the lemmings off the cliff. assh0le.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It did but a hard hit does always require a flag. Was it enough for a defenseless receiver, maybe.

You shouldn't be able to kill a guy to keep him from holding onto the football. The rules changed to keep guys from constantly getting carted off the field with head injuries. It was still happening, so they tried to tighten up the rules even more. Now you can barely touch a QB w/out getting penalized. Some will say that football is bieng ruined, but that's the way it has to be in order to stop guys from constantly getting cheap shots in.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

"Forcible Contact"

That's why I think they ruled it was not targetting. Did the sides of their helmets hit? Maybe, but the force of the hit was into the shoulder. The helmets hitting was incidental to the initial contact. You also don't have to take a shot to the head to get a concussion. The whiplash from the sudden change of direction likely caused that.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Forcible Contact"

That's why I think they ruled it was not targetting. Did the sides of their helmets hit? Maybe, but the force of the hit was into the shoulder. The helmets hitting was incidental to the initial contact. You also don't have to take a shot to the head to get a concussion. The whiplash from the sudden change of direction likely caused that.

And that's a good assessment. I just don't see much consistency in the way they assess and enforce that rule. Officiating in general is pretty bad these days.