• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 11/27/13 • Florida Panthers v. Rangers • 7:30PM • MSG[HD]

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kreider is untouchable at this point unless your packaging him for a Crosby or OV. He has shown enough to where if he can get some ice time and improve he will be a top ten forward in this league. He is playing fast and Physical and putting a lot of pucks on net he just needs to learn how to put a few in.

Probably true, but without Kreider or Stepan in the mix, I don't think the Rangers could land Evander Kane until the 2017-18 season.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember that Evander Kane is a few months younger than Chris Kreider so Chris Kreider probably won't even be enough. Jets will ask for a lot in return for Evander Kane. 22 year old superstars that could skate, shoot, & play the physical game like that are in high demand.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember that Evander Kane is a few months younger than Chris Kreider so Chris Kreider probably won't even be enough. Jets will ask for a lot in return for Evander Kane. 22 year old superstars that could skate, shoot, & play the physical game like that are in high demand.

Kreider is still on his ELC though, which is big for the Jets since they gave Kane his big deal already, could look to get out of it. Will it happen though? No, just a pipedream of mine since he is my favorite player outside of the Rangers.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, let's say the roles were reversed & the Rangers had Evander Kane while the Jets had Chris Kreider. Would you want the 2 teams to make that trade? Great as Kreider is playing, Kane has been doing this since day 1 & proves to get better every year. He 's a special player and I imagine the Jets will do whatever it takes to keep him or ask for a top 6 forward (Kreider), a young dman (Del Zotto), & a 1st round pick. That's the least I expect them to a ask for Kane. They would probably also ask about JT Miller as well. I don't think Sather would do it. I could be wrong, but this seems like a rather lofty deal right now.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey i'm the one on the Kane is getting better side, it's the other people who don't follow him who are against it. You don't need to convince me he is good, Doob!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I'm just sort of hoping stealth aka fock reads my post as well. Happy TG once again!

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, let's say the roles were reversed & the Rangers had Evander Kane while the Jets had Chris Kreider. Would you want the 2 teams to make that trade? Great as Kreider is playing, Kane has been doing this since day 1 & proves to get better every year. He 's a special player and I imagine the Jets will do whatever it takes to keep him or ask for a top 6 forward (Kreider), a young dman (Del Zotto), & a 1st round pick. That's the least I expect them to a ask for Kane. They would probably also ask about JT Miller as well. I don't think Sather would do it. I could be wrong, but this seems like a rather lofty deal right now.

If the Nash deal taught us anything teams sometimes dont get what they want in trades. Now I know Kane is not asking to be traded and they have no reason to move hum but if the relationship sours I doubt they end up getting the haul they want. I could see a Miller DZ and 1st for Kane.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I'm just sort of hoping stealth aka fock reads my post as well. Happy TG once again!

I dont think Kane is worth the players we give back for .....according to Johnny, Kane has an attitude problem and you know the Jets are going to want to send the higher percentage of his contract to the Rangers. I dont see Kane being the team player like everyone else is at the moment, we need a player that is going to fit...........Fock!

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evander Kane‘s name is right back in the trade-rumor mill after what TSN’s Bob McKenzie reported yesterday on the radio (audio), per theScore:

“Curious situation in Winnipeg because he’s not asked for a trade, and the Jets aren’t shopping him so why is his name even out there? Well, one goal in twelve games, you saw the Claude Noel news conference in the last week or two and it was after a game Kane had played particularly poorly… Noel froze and thought better of [commenting on Kane's performance] and said ‘not going there.’

There’s tension and people can’t figure out fully whether it’s that Evander does not really like it in Winnipeg or with the Jets? Are the coaches unhappy with him, how has he fit in with the team? And so outside people looking in are saying ‘one goal in the last 12 games, minus player more than not, still playing 21-25 minutes a night… is he available?’ And nobody’s really gotten to that point yet, but they’re kind of waiting to see if this guy might be available.”

Kane, 22, is in the second year of a six-year, $31.5 million deal with the Jets. His talent can’t be denied, but it’s no surprise to hear there’s “tension” between him and the club. (See: “My definition of a healthy scratch is a healthy player not playing.”)

The Jets beat the Islanders, 3-2, last night, with Kane logging 19:49 of ice time and registering three shots, with no points.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...-evander-kane/

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Nash deal taught us anything teams sometimes dont get what they want in trades. Now I know Kane is not asking to be traded and they have no reason to move hum but if the relationship sours I doubt they end up getting the haul they want. I could see a Miller DZ and 1st for Kane.

True, but don't forget a big thing with Rick Nash was his no trade clause. Blue Jackets were very limited in who they could deal Rick Nash to. Evander Kane doesn't have a no trade clause, so the Jets would be able to deal him to any team in the league. Thus, they would be able to create a bidding war the BJ's couldn't do with Nash.