• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

11/12, Myers is AL ROY, Fernandez takes NL ROY

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate Florida, couldnt deal with that heat and humidity all year

i hate being cold just as much

but to hell with Florida

montana.........thats where I want to move

its tropical

Montana? you wouldn't survive. not unless you have a 20 foot snowblower. and i'm talking 20 feet tall!

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
miracle invention - leaf blower. or you could just try to blow them yourself :laugh3:

i know

I don't have one

have to borrow my mother in laws

still sucks

I need one of those trucks with the big hose that sucks all the leaves and mulches them

for free

in November

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montana? you wouldn't survive. not unless you have a 20 foot snowblower. and i'm talking 20 feet tall!

i know

I just like the idea of living in the middle of nowhere

always wanted to visit

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a great one off craigslist. Electric 2 speed with mulcher & bag. Best 30 bucks Ive ever spent

i'm a gearhead

if it doesn't have a motor, it doesn't make sense

I could never get an electric where I live. the extension cord cannot go that far

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know

I just like the idea of living in the middle of nowhere

always wanted to visit

i'm doing that every other weekend now! :suds:

me and my buddy from work take our quads up to new Hampshire. we're touring the state parks. last time was beautiful. we crossed a reservoir in 2 feet of water. there was a 50 foot waterfall and some more great scenery.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got MOY tonight

AL
Farrell
Francona
Melvin

NL
Gonzalez
Hurdle
Mattingly

Emotional choice is obviously Farrell. Francona deserves it based on taking a bunch of schlubs & turning them into contenders. NL choice (for me) is Hurdle. Buccos hadnt made a post season appearance in 20+ yrs & he got em there

Farrell essentially took over what would have been a winning team under a COMPETENT manager, which Bobby Valentine was not.

Francona would be my choice for AL MOY. He didn't have the talent to work with Farrell did.

Don't follow the NL enough to have an opinion there.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm a gearhead

if it doesn't have a motor, it doesn't make sense

I could never get an electric where I live. the extension cord cannot go that far

I agree, gas power is the way to go or you're be leaf blowing forever with electric

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my colleague in Atlanta tells me the weather down there is the same here. only the winters aren't as bad.

I check his zip code on weather dot com every week and it confirms. most days in july, it was hotter here.

The Humidity is a game changer when it comes summer time, you'll be sweatin' your balls off just walkin to the mailbox

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, gas power is the way to go or you're be leaf blowing forever with electric

Mine is pretty powerful. As you can see from the pic of my yard theres a helluva lot of trees (we live on the edge of a park). Only took me about an hr to blow & mulch a 125' yard

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hundreds of bidders, many presumably St. Louis Cardinals fans, now own pieces of Stan Musial's life after an online auction of his possessions.
Officials with Heritage Auctions of Dallas said Monday that winning bids for the monthlong auction totaled $1.2 million, far more than expected. The auction ended Saturday.
Items ranged from game-worn jerseys to World Series rings to Musial's legendary harmonicas.
"The results far surpassed our pre-auction estimates and they are a reflection of Stan Musial's popularity not only in St. Louis, but worldwide," Chris Ivy, director of sports auctions for Heritage, said in a statement.
Musial died in January at age 92, a year after his wife, Lillian, died. His family kept most of his belongings and gave away many others to family, friends and organizations, including the Cardinals.
Grandson Brian Schwarze said Musial's four-bedroom home in Ladue was stuffed with so many things he collected over the years that relatives decided to auction some of it.
A 2011 Cardinals World Series ring given to Musial sold for $191,200 -- auction officials anticipated it would go for around $40,000. A four-page letter to Musial from Ty Cobb in 1952 went for $71,700, well above the projected price of $10,000. A baseball signed by Babe Ruth given to Musial when he was a minor leaguer in 1941 brought in $53,775.
It wasn't all high-end items. The auction included things as seemingly mundane as lighters, neckties, even Christmas cards.
Schwarze said one of his favorite items in the auction was the letter from Cobb, whose .366 lifetime batting average is the highest ever. In it, Cobb discusses everything from how to break out of a slump to his feelings on Musial's demeanor.
"Seriously now, I know well that you averaged in 6 of your last 7 years .355. Does that give you a right to be so darn modest?" Cobb wrote. "So go out there now and lead the league again and if you don't lead both Major Leagues this year, you should be shot in the behind with mustard seed."
Musial remains a beloved figure in St. Louis for his on-field performance and off-field friendliness. He was a seven-time batting champion who spent his entire 22-year career with the Cardinals, playing on three championship teams in the 1940s. He was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1969 and received the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2011.
Thousands ignored the January cold to turn out for Musial's funeral procession and public visitation. In July, a new Mississippi River bridge in St. Louis was named in his honor.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex-major leaguer Jose Offerman said Monday he is not trying to avoid a U.S. lawsuit for attacking two opposing players with a baseball bat during a minor league game in Connecticut six years ago.
The two-time All-Star infielder said he is "not missing" as a lawyer has suggested, but living in his homeland of the Dominican Republic. The 45-year-old Offerman says he works as an assistant to the general manager of the Licey Tigers, a winter league team he once managed before throwing a punch at an umpire during a 2010 argument on a baseball field.
J. Craig Smith, an attorney for ex-Bridgeport Bluefins catcher John Nathans, whose career was ended by the bat attack, has recently said he has tried to serve Offerman with discovery documents for months, but with no success. Smith said Offerman hasn't appeared at any of court proceedings and he doesn't expect him to show up as a federal lawsuit over the 2007 attack heads to trial in Connecticut.
During a brief interview Monday at the Quisqueya baseball stadium in the Dominican capital of Santo Domingo, Offerman said he believes Smith's portrayal was designed to make him look bad.
"Neither myself or my lawyer have been cited. I'm going to call my lawyer to inform me what is happening in this case," Offerman told The Associated Press.
Offerman declined to identify his lawyer to the AP, however. His former lawyer, Frank Riccio, who died in March, withdrew from the case in 2010, saying in a court document that Offerman refused to discuss the case with him and hadn't paid him. Riccio's son, also an attorney, said he'd likely represent him if Offerman returned to the U.S.
The Dominican player was charged with felony assault after the bat attack in Connecticut, but was granted a probation program that resulted in the charges being dismissed. He was also ordered to get anger management treatment.
Offerman was banned from the Dominican winter league after his 2010 attack on the umpire, but the ruling was overturned last year after he got psychological treatment.
He was an All-Star infielder with the Los Angeles Dodgers in 1995 and the Boston Red Sox in 1999. He was playing for the minor league Long Island Ducks in August 2007 when he was hit by a pitch and charged the mound during a game against the Bluefish in the Connecticut city of Bridgeport. He hit Nathans and pitcher Matt Beech with the bat.
Nathans suffered a head injury that ended his career. His $4.8 million lawsuit against Offerman and the Long Island Ducks is pending in federal court in Bridgeport. The team denies any responsibility for Offerman's attack.
A judge has ordered the parties to attend a settlement conference on Dec. 5 and jury selection is scheduled to begin Jan. 7.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Ortiz can now add “television producer” to his long list of professional accomplishments. The World Series MVP is all set to produce his own show on MTV.
Sports is the ultimate "unscripted TV." No wonder so many athletes have appeared on reality shows.

MTV Networks and Major league Baseball announced a partnership Monday where the two companies will collaborate on a weekly 30-episode series that combines pop culture and baseball, according to The Associated Press. Big Papi will join Pittsburgh Pirates center fielder Andrew McCutchen behind the scenes as executive producers of the series.
Tim Brosnan, MLB’s executive vice president for business, said MTV’s initial interest in snagging Ortiz to produce the series came from an MLB Fan Cave video that featured the Red Sox slugger walking around New York City asking Yankees fans for a hug.
The network was sold when it heard Ortiz, described as the musical director for the Red Sox clubhouse, was on board.
“That’s gold for us,” MTV president Stephen Friedman told The AP.
Ortiz has grown as a clubhouse leader over the last couple of seasons, and one of his biggest roles with the series will be getting other baseball players involved — a task that he doesn’t see as being too difficult.
“Players want to be musicians and musicians want to be players,” Ortiz said. “So it’s going to be pretty easy to get my friends in baseball to have fun on MTV.”
The series will start shooting in the spring of 2014 and will likely air on MTV2.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's going to be a shame when the pacific ocean swallows that state

Horseshit. We're gonna break off and be our own independent country. It will be amazing!:suds:

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was playing for the minor league Long Island Ducks in August 2007 when he was hit by a pitch and charged the mound during a game against the Bluefish in the Connecticut city of Bridgeport. He hit Nathans and pitcher Matt Beech with the bat.

Get hit by a pitch & go after him with a bat. Makes perfect sense... :noidea:

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horseshit. We're gonna break off and be our own independent country. It will be amazing!:suds:

Not sure why, but I thought you lived in FLA

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why, but I thought you lived in FLA

Where? Trampa? Stripper capital of the world? hahaha!
Nah, I couldn't deal with the humidity. Or hurricanes. Or alligators in my backyard. Or swamps. Or Heat fans. But I do think it's cool that you can drive up the east coast for 5+ hours and cross several state lines. I drive 5 hours in any direction and I'm still in California.

*edit: except west. I can't drive more than an hour west or I will be in the Pacific Ocean.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
little snow here in Chelsea... Roads are slippery since leaves are all over the road soaking wet.

People are getting dumber by the day here at my work and it's getting to me... Oh well

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Humidity is a game changer when it comes summer time, you'll be sweatin' your balls off just walkin to the mailbox

we get the same here, just doesn't last as long

I remember a few days here where I couldn't bare being outside for more than a cigarette break

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we get the same here, just doesn't last as long

I remember a few days here where I couldn't bare being outside for more than a cigarette break

so you don't like the cold or the humidity

have you considered living in a bubble