• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #10 Oklahoma State at #23 Texas (FOX)

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major was banging a student trainer and UT didn't give two shits and he's a terrible OC. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't care if Carroll was banging all of the Chaps girls at the same time as long as he's winning NC's.

One night stand and shortly afterwards he spilled the beans. He didn't get a raise for a year.

No way in hell does Texas hire a guy with ethics like Carroll.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One night stand and shortly afterwards he spilled the beans. He didn't get a raise for a year.

No way in hell does Texas hire a guy with ethics like Carroll.

LOL at thinking it was only one night. That's what was said by the media. Pretty sure it was ongoing, not to mention he was banging her while he had a prego fiancé at home. Carroll is just what Texas needs, IMO.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major was banging a student trainer and UT didn't give two shits and he's a terrible OC. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't care if Carroll was banging all of the Chaps girls at the same time as long as he's winning NC's.

Thats good work, if you can get it.

Maybe if that is included in the contract, Carroll might be interested in leaving one of the best teams in the NFL.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major is in over his head......OR Mack is meddling in the offense. He's already admitted to doing that this season.

I know many don't get that.......but Mack has told Major to do certain things in game that made no sense. As much as I didn't like the playcalling, I've seen Major put together some masterful gameplans. I don't really think the core problem is him. I think it's Mack. I also don't understand the refusal to play Overstreet, much like Mack didn't play DJ Monroe, or play Swoopes since we burned his RS. After that third INT, there was literally no reason to continue to play Case anymore. That's ALL Mack right there.

The way I saw the game:

Texas has a long TD drive, running the ball successfully. Makes it 14-10.

OSU comes down and scores, making it 21-10. UT should have kept running the ball, knowing would get the ball first in the second half. But, nooooooo.

MACK PANICS. Dumps gameplan, goes to the Iowa State gameplan, i.e. MACK Panicking.

UT comes out, throwing that sideways shit that was not working, the AA candidate for OSU picks it off, laughing, and struts into the endzone. 28-10. Game over. Halftime.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently this rumor is coming from Colin Cowherd. He said USA and Texas maybe fighting over a current head coach in the NFL. Adams then knocked it down to 2 guys

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an expert on Texas football by any means. However, have paid a little more attention in the last few years with the hiring of Harsin. Mack strikes me as a very honorable, likeable and well intended man. But at some point the "Peter Principle" kicked in here. The guy has reached a point where the scope of the overall job/expectations has eclipsed what his skill bank can deliver.

It happens all around us. We have a Community Organizer not capible of running a hotdog stand on the busiest corner in America profitably ACTUALLY RUNNING AMERICA. I get the pain/anger many Longhorn fans express. You are pissed, but stuck. The best resources on earth, the "capability" to be the standard others dream about, yet producing the results of France (laughably failing in contex to resources, but boasting still a better place to be than Mexico).

Make the change!

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I saw the game:

OSU comes down and scores, making it 21-10. UT should have kept running the ball, knowing would get the ball first in the second half. But, nooooooo.

MACK PANICS. Dumps gameplan, goes to the Iowa State gameplan, i.e. MACK Panicking.

UT comes out, throwing that sideways shit that was not working, the AA candidate for OSU picks it off, laughing, and struts into the endzone. 28-10. Game over. Halftime.

Agree completely. The result made me go to the liquor store and get a bottle of rum. It helped a little.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an expert on Texas football by any means. However, have paid a little more attention in the last few years with the hiring of Harsin. Mack strikes me as a very honorable, likeable and well intended man. But at some point the "Peter Principle" kicked in here. The guy has reached a point where the scope of the overall job/expectations has eclipsed what his skill bank can deliver.

It happens all around us. We have a Community Organizer not capible of running a hotdog stand on the busiest corner in America profitably ACTUALLY RUNNING AMERICA. I get the pain/anger many Longhorn fans express. You are pissed, but stuck. The best resources on earth, the "capability" to be the standard others dream about, yet producing the results of France (laughably failing in contex to resources, but boasting still a better place to be than Mexico).

Make the change!

Mack is a great person and Christian man. Him and his wife do so much for charity organizations. There isn't one Orangeblood out there that would disagree on that. He's even a great coach, but like all great coaches, he's lost the edge. It's just time to step down and let some new blood take over.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Make the change!

That was actually pretty well said. I love Mack. He has been not good - but great for the program. He is a man of his word, he runs a clean program, and he brings dignity and honor to the program. That is hard to find in this media driven cut throat world of sports now days.

However and all that being said, our approach recently has been: Trial and Error. We not only have a different identity from year to year and coach to coach - but we have a different identity from Game To Game!!!

The University Of Texas should not be trial and error. Mack I love ya, but :suds:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I saw the game:

And to be fair, even after my last post, this is worth being honest about. Let's say for example that we have a different set of playcalling to end the half. Say we pound it down their throat with maybe a deep play action call mixed in here and there (what we should be doing). We then end the half down 21-13 or 21-17 - and we get the ball first the second half. Then say we do the same and score either a fg or td second half fist possession.

That one serious of playcalling could have made the difference between 28-10 and 21-20. We do that and win this game, and there is 0 talk about Mack being replaced.

But results are results, so....

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to be fair, even after my last post, this is worth being honest about. Let's say for example that we have a different set of playcalling to end the half. Say we pound it down their throat with maybe a deep play action call mixed in here and there (what we should be doing). We then end the half down 21-13 or 21-17 - and we get the ball first the second half. Then say we do the same and score either a fg or td second half fist possession.

That one serious of playcalling could have made the difference between 28-10 and 21-20. We do that and win this game, and there is 0 talk about Mack being replaced.

But results are results, so....

That's the thing.......the pick 6 wasn't a sideways pass that the defender jumped......it was a downfield throw but the defender was 3 yards in front of the WR before the ball was even thrown. He had that route completely covered, and Case should have thrown the ball away if he was going to throw in that direction.

In that specific instance, the playcalling wasn't the issue - the execution was, and Case not recognizing the defense in front of him. He threw it RIGHT to the defender, who could have nearly walked into the endzone because he already had a head start. Just a HORRIBLE throw and decision, and that one play all but ended the game.

I think every Texas fan not named El Texan knew relying on Case would bite us sooner or later. And yes, the playcalling wasn't good the entire game. But given his limits as a player, you have to take that into consideration.

Regardless, Mack never should have recruited McCoy. He should have found a way to keep Brewer or Wood or SOMEBODY on the roster that was reliable as a passer. I'm also CONVINCED Mack doesn't let Major call the game completely.

It's going to be interesting to see the names thrown about to replace him. Hopefully Patterson already has a short list.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy both of you took that post the way I intended it. Not as a slam, but in the context of a semi-informed on your local issues, a guy that looks at the big picture (not an expert, but does follow it), and self confessed homer when it comes to views on my local issues.

Good man and I get the loyal attraction. To be honest it is a shame and a blessing we as Americans are so "results oriented" as appossed to "intent and effort oriented". Negatives and possitives with both mindsets.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy both of you took that post the way I intended it. Not as a slam, but in the context of a semi-informed on your local issues, a guy that looks at the big picture (not an expert, but does follow it), and self confessed homer when it comes to views on my local issues.

Good man and I get the loyal attraction. To be honest it is a shame and a blessing we as Americans are so "results oriented" as appossed to "intent and effort oriented". Negatives and possitives with both mindsets.

You make good points in this and the earlier post. All true.

It was not until this year that I made up my mind that it's just time. Mack Brown was the right coach in 1998 when he came here. To go back in time, and see how things were then, would probably be a shock to many around the country, especially the younger folks, who don't realize the state of the program at that time compared to today. And being that it's my alma mater, I've always appreciated that our coach was an honorable man.

However, when it's time it's time. He created a wave and rode it to a NC. But the wave has crested, and you cant get it back.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing.......the pick 6 wasn't a sideways pass that the defender jumped......it was a downfield throw but the defender was 3 yards in front of the WR before the ball was even thrown. He had that route completely covered, and Case should have thrown the ball away if he was going to throw in that direction.

In that specific instance, the playcalling wasn't the issue - the execution was, and Case not recognizing the defense in front of him. He threw it RIGHT to the defender, who could have nearly walked into the endzone because he already had a head start. Just a HORRIBLE throw and decision, and that one play all but ended the game.

I think every Texas fan not named El Texan knew relying on Case would bite us sooner or later. And yes, the playcalling wasn't good the entire game. But given his limits as a player, you have to take that into consideration.

Regardless, Mack never should have recruited McCoy. He should have found a way to keep Brewer or Wood or SOMEBODY on the roster that was reliable as a passer. I'm also CONVINCED Mack doesn't let Major call the game completely.

It's going to be interesting to see the names thrown about to replace him. Hopefully Patterson already has a short list.

This is true. I was just melding together that play and some others.

It's also true, that you just cant rely on Case to win all the games. It's not his fault that his ceiling is how he played at the OU game. That's all he can give you. He cant win a game by himself. That is Mack's fault, for putting the team in this position. And it is also Mack's fault that he will not, nor will he ever, let Major completely run the offense. He just wont do it. He still sees him as the QB who ran the play he wanted to run, scored, then threw the ball into the stands.