• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #10 Oklahoma State at #23 Texas (FOX)

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another difference between Saban and Mack is that Saban signs 25 players every February, occasionally oversigns and has reneged on scholarships.
Bashers note that this is not against the NCAA rules.

If there is one reason why I don't want Saban - this is it. We have a coach and program right now that will not oversign; that keeps verbal scholarship offers on the table to players who get hurt before they even accept - because our word is our word. Going from that to oversigning, gray shirting, and pulling schollys just seems like too much of a 180.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing wrong with gray shirting, as long as they eventually get a scholarship.

Mack offered Michael Brewer a gray shirt, but was turned down and he went to Tech, instead.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is one reason why I don't want Saban - this is it. We have a coach and program right now that will not oversign; that keeps verbal scholarship offers on the table to players who get hurt before they even accept - because our word is our word. Going from that to oversigning, gray shirting, and pulling schollys just seems like too much of a 180.

Yeah, but it works for Saban and he's built a machine/dynasty by recruiting that way. I really don't have a problem with it. Plain and simple, if you don't live up to your hype as a player he pulls your scholarship. IMO, we have too much of a country club type setting for our players. Bring in Saban, and over half of this defense is gone, along with 90% of the O-line. Bottom line, this team has been too damn soft under Mack the last 3 years.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just woke up from a bourbon and Shiner Bock induced coma... how bad did we beat OSUs at home?

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comon ElTexan you can do better than shiner bock!

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only with another type of Shiner beer. Prosit!

Sorry, grew up in a Czech family. When I was little, Shiner was the only beer. The old people called its shuss coud. As in shuss coud beer.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's Shiner Bock isn't like when it was 'real' bock and only available seasonally.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys know the rules in Texas. Shiner Bock or Lonestar.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys get Coop Aleworks down there?

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's Shiner Bock isn't like when it was 'real' bock and only available seasonally.

True. however, I've seen the old Shiner Premium popping up in the stores. I was drinking that at weddings, funerals, and familyreunions when I was 10.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys know the rules in Texas. Shiner Bock or Lonestar.

Bock is supposed to be seasonal beer brewed from the dregs at the end of a brewing season and is very dark. Lonestar is an American Pilsner, light and clear. AFAIK Lonestar has never made a bock from Lonestar.

The old Shiner Bock was vastly superior to Lonestar. The new stuff is marginal IMO. I'd drink Lonestar before SB.

When I visited Austin a couple of weeks ago, I was drinking Pilsner Urquell. It's from Pilser, Czech Rep, they invented Pilsners. It's the best.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will take your sister out for a nice seafood meal, open doors, pull her seat out at dinner, give her a kiss on the cheek when i drop her off at home, AND THEN NEVER CALL HER AGAIN!!!

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major, explain to me why we were playing the Greg Davis horizontal offense with a little Harsin overtrickeration mixed in? Were you upset at all the success we had power running and letting Case keep the defense honest by throwing occasional bombs?
Did Mack make you do it?
Someone explain to me what Okie State showed us on tape that let Major to make this decision.
Okie St was jumping those routes in the middle of the first goddam quarter!!!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major, explain to me why we were playing the Greg Davis horizontal offense with a little Harsin overtrickeration mixed in? Were you upset at all the success we had power running and letting Case keep the defense honest by throwing occasional bombs?
Did Mack make you do it?
Someone explain to me what Okie State showed us on tape that let Major to make this decision.

Playcalling was bad. Case was worse.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Mack make you do it?

It was pathetic. I seriously thought Corky Davis was up in the booth calling the plays. I called for Major to be fired along with Diaz. Why the fuck Major kept calling the bubble screen over and over again, I'll never understand. Downright terrible playcalling.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was pathetic. I seriously thought Corky Davis was up in the booth calling the plays. I called for Major to be fired along with Diaz. Why the fuck Major kept calling the bubble screen over and over again, I'll never understand. Downright terrible playcalling.
-
i dont understand that. I can understand a Tunnel Screen. Texas just doesnt have the personnel to run WR screens. WR just are not good. I am talking about the WRs when they do not have the ball in their hands. They just dont block well.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
i dont understand that. I can understand a Tunnel Screen. Texas just doesnt have the personnel to run WR screens. WR just are not good. I am talking about the WRs when they do not have the ball in their hands. They just dont block well.

It also makes it tough to block the DB when the DB knows you're running that play and immediately charges forward to break it up. No check off or anything. Codaxx, at one point, I predicted exactly what play we were running on offense for 3 straight series. No halftime adjustment or anything.

Also, on the LHN, the team can do no wrong after getting their asses handed to them. I can't watch the commentators claim moral victory after moral victory. Former Longhorn great Dan Neil suggested this was a good game played Texas, and I quote what Neil said, "If it wasn't for 7-8 plays that went bad, Texas probably wins this game". WTF??? :L

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also makes it tough to block the DB when the DB knows you're running that play and immediately charges forward to break it up. No check off or anything. Codaxx, at one point, I predicted exactly what play we were running on offense for 3 straight series. No halftime adjustment or anything.

Also, on the LHN, the team can do no wrong after getting their asses handed to them. I can't watch the commentators claim moral victory after moral victory. Former Longhorn great Dan Neil suggested this was a good game played Texas, and I quote what Neil said, "If it wasn't for 7-8 plays that went bad, Texas probably wins this game". WTF??? :L
-
it was 7-8 plays and the fact that OSU took their foot off the pedal. Lots of rumors swirling around Austin this week, so stay away from ropes in handguns for at least another 2 weeks. You maybe pleasantly surprised

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll say this - we had our opportunities. But we needed to play better and smarter. OSU didn't do anything to really stop us......they just waited for us to stop ourselves.

The game was winnable. We just didn't go out and win it. Poor game planning, poor execution. I didn't see OSU as vastly superior on the field. They bested us that day, but I don't think they're that much better. I think we didn't test them or force them to prove they were significantly better if that makes sense.