• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #10 Oklahoma State at #23 Texas (FOX)

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guise know that we're prolly gonna beat Jr. now. Not because we're better than them or anything...just because...it's just the way that these things work...karma...destiny...whatever you want to call it.

It's the circle of life....the colors of the wind...spoonful of sugar...all that shit.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this - we had our opportunities. But we needed to play better and smarter. OSU didn't do anything to really stop us......they just waited for us to stop ourselves.

The game was winnable. We just didn't go out and win it. Poor game planning, poor execution. I didn't see OSU as vastly superior on the field. They bested us that day, but I don't think they're that much better. I think we didn't test them or force them to prove they were significantly better if that makes sense.

Welcome back to the OU/texas game.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back to the OU/texas game.

I can see your point.....somewhat. OSU certainly didn't manhandle Texas upfront like Texas did OU though. OSU won the game, and should have.

At this point, I'd take Trevor Knight over both Case and Bell, so there's that.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this - we had our opportunities. But we needed to play better and smarter. OSU didn't do anything to really stop us......they just waited for us to stop ourselves.

The game was winnable. We just didn't go out and win it. Poor game planning, poor execution. I didn't see OSU as vastly superior on the field. They bested us that day, but I don't think they're that much better. I think we didn't test them or force them to prove they were significantly better if that makes sense.

Actually OSU decided to stop the run, which helped stop the WR screens, because the DBs rushed the line after the snap. I don't know why Major didn't call any early deep routes which would have at least kept the DBs honest. Yep, it was against the wind, but Case has shown he can overthrow WRs. No slants either. Just those stupid WR slants. Something really odd is going on. The play calling made no sense to me.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually OSU decided to stop the run, which helped stop the WR screens, because the DBs rushed the line after the snap. I don't know why Major didn't call any early deep routes which would have at least kept the DBs honest. Yep, it was against the wind, but Case has shown he can overthrow WRs. No slants either. Just those stupid WR slants. Something really odd is going on. The play calling made no sense to me.

Major is in over his head......OR Mack is meddling in the offense. He's already admitted to doing that this season.

I know many don't get that.......but Mack has told Major to do certain things in game that made no sense. As much as I didn't like the playcalling, I've seen Major put together some masterful gameplans. I don't really think the core problem is him. I think it's Mack. I also don't understand the refusal to play Overstreet, much like Mack didn't play DJ Monroe, or play Swoopes since we burned his RS. After that third INT, there was literally no reason to continue to play Case anymore. That's ALL Mack right there.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
You all shoudl read Scipio's piece on the "Case Rules". Texas scored 13 pts and Texas's OL actually played pretty well. The offense is just really limited. I know what Major is tryign to accomplish. Run a few plays very well and run them fast, but I miss Harsin. Texas could really use some of his play calling right now.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the SEC can get two teams in the NCG...why can't the Cotton Bowl decide to have a RRRSO rematch?

I'd like a rematch. You know it will sell out. We could get all the crack dealers and hoodrat hoes around Fair Park to set up tents to peddle their wares.

We could have a curiosity tent and put Derp in there...we could put Mangino in one of those WORLD'S LARGEST exhibits...

Dunking tank with Chrissy Sims/Bosworth...

well?

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should never have to beat the same team twice in one year. I would say the same thing if OU had won.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
You all shoudl read Scipio's piece on the "Case Rules". Texas scored 13 pts and Texas's OL actually played pretty well. The offense is just really limited. I know what Major is tryign to accomplish. Run a few plays very well and run them fast, but I miss Harsin. Texas could really use some of his play calling right now.

I don't miss Harsin one bit. My gut tells me Mack ordering Major to call those plays.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

I've read the article and he does make some valid points.

IMO Texas should power run the ball the first 2 downs and then pass or play-action run the ball. It's boring, but Texas has the oLine to wear down the opponents dLine and then beat them in the late 2nd and 4th quarters.

These sideline passes are insane and do nothing to stretch the defense.
I can't remember the last time I saw Texas run a draw.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
it was 7-8 plays and the fact that OSU took their foot off the pedal. Lots of rumors swirling around Austin this week, so stay away from ropes in handguns for at least another 2 weeks. You maybe pleasantly surprised

What are the rumors? Catch me up on the gossip.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the rumors? Catch me up on the gossip.
-

the 2 latest. Take this with a grain of salt.

1. Mack had a meeting yday and resigned. Will announce it on Dec 2... I dont believe it. 90% sure it is complete nonsense
2. Sean Adams apparently said that eitehr Pete Carroll or Jim Harbaugh reached out to Texas. He would not say which one... 98% sure this is complete BS.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

1. Mack had a meeting yday and resigned. Will announce it on Dec 2... I dont believe it. 90% sure it is complete nonsense
2. Sean Adams apparently said that eitehr Pete Carroll or Jim Harbaugh reached out to Texas. He would not say which one... 98% sure this is complete BS.

#1 would be me very happy. :clap:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

Texas would not be interested in Pete Carroll.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
not really sure that is relevant.

The NCAA is still pissed at Carroll and Texas remembers the SMU Death Penalty. While I doubt it would ever be used again, the NCAA would love to get back at Carroll for running to the NFL.

Carroll was also rumored to having an affair with an USC co-ed. Texas would not take a chance on him when there are more worthy candidates. Gruden or Tomlin are more likely to be the next Texas HC than him.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major is in over his head......OR Mack is meddling in the offense. He's already admitted to doing that this season.

I know many don't get that.......but Mack has told Major to do certain things in game that made no sense. As much as I didn't like the playcalling, I've seen Major put together some masterful gameplans. I don't really think the core problem is him. I think it's Mack. I also don't understand the refusal to play Overstreet, much like Mack didn't play DJ Monroe, or play Swoopes since we burned his RS. After that third INT, there was literally no reason to continue to play Case anymore. That's ALL Mack right there.

Forget about Overstreet, why in the hell was Daje not involved in the offense more? One of the best players in the country and he barely gets any PT. 2 carries for 12 yds 1 catch for 1 yd :L

Last edited by a moderator:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA is still pissed at Carroll and Texas remembers the SMU Death Penalty. While I doubt it would ever be used again, the NCAA would love to get back at Carroll for running to the NFL.

Carroll was also rumored to having an affair with an USC co-ed. Texas would not take a chance on him when there are more worthy candidates. Gruden or Tomlin are more likely to be the next Texas HC than him.

Major was banging a student trainer and UT didn't give two shits and he's a terrible OC. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't care if Carroll was banging all of the Chaps girls at the same time as long as he's winning NC's.