• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10/7 GDT Gnats @ Tron

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DO_NOT_USE_1819332a.jpg

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the Cards, I expect a pretty similar series, they are pitching dominated, the lineup has some holes and no truly scary batters. I'm glad it's not LA, although for the rivalry it'd have been great.

Probably mostly low scoring close torture AGAIN

But even the chance of seeing the Dogs celebrating in front of us? Nope.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the Cards, I expect a pretty similar series, they are pitching dominated, the lineup has some holes and no truly scary batters. I'm glad it's not LA, although for the rivalry it'd have been great.

Probably mostly low scoring close torture AGAIN

But even the chance of seeing the Dogs celebrating in front of us? Nope.

Matt Carpenter is a scary hitter right now. Very patient at the plate and he KILLED the Dodgers. 3 HR's

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda miss gp and filo during this run, and a couple others....wonder where they at?

:noidea:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda miss gp and filo during this run, and a couple others....wonder where they at?

:noidea:

GP stopped by earlier this season. Just said he is OK, but that the board was taking too much time (iirc).

Filo is still posting, just not here. He was banned a couple years back. He and Hammer didn't get along.

Heath and Tidrow, I have no idea. Glad to have Colin back (hope it becomes more permanent).

I like the noobs we have picked up the last year or so (Bronco and drink come to mind quickly, but I know there are others), but I too miss the fallen brothers. I was actually just talking to Filo about that the other day.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great series win.

Harper better be ready to get dotted by a fastball next year. If he protests, dot him again.

Go Giants!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great series win.

Harper better be ready to get dotted by a fastball next year. If he protests, dot him again.

Go Giants!

Yup. I was talking about this with my bro after the game. Even if a suspension comes from it, Strickland needs to plunk him with a serious fastball sometime next year. That jawing was completely uncalled for.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss posting with you all, I work nights late so I cant. anyways NLCS YES YES YES!!! No one expected the giants to get there but here they are, I wanted a Dodger Giants NLCS but Saint Louis will be tough also. I just found a SF sports bar in LA so I'm headed there for games 3 and 4!! GO GIANTS!!

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giant Celebration as S.F. Wins 3-2 to win Division Series over Washington

Tonight in San Francisco the fans were ready, both teams came to play, on this most beautiful day. This series has to go down as one of the great ones ever to be played as the Nats and the Giants matched punch for punch all four games .

The Giants jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the 2nd inning as Blanco walked with the bases loaded scoring Crawford from 3rd base. Panik later grounded out to 1st scoring Perez.

Vogelsong came out determined to win this game for the Giants and not have want to take a across the states flight back to D.C. for Game 5. The crowd was with him almost every pitch it seemed. Chants of Vogey...Vogey..Vogey rang out as the fans showed their appreciation for the General. Vogelsong went 5 2/3 innings giving up 1 ER , on 2H . He srtuck out 4 and walked 2. He did not get the win as Strickland gave up another long HR to Harper that reached water in the 7th inning but Vogey kept the Giants in a position to win and that's what they did.

Who would of known that the game would of come down to a wild pitch in the bottom of the 7th to score rookie Joe Panik who had 2 hits, a run scored and a RBI. Posey tried to score on a wild pitch on the very next pitch but was thrown out by a foot in a very close play that was reviewed. Posey and Crawford both had two hits on the night. Hunter Pence made the catch of the series and maybe the year as he went back to the wall in right and leaped high to snag the ball in only a Hunter Pence awkward type of way.

Romo had a clean 8th inning and then the stage was set for the 9th as Casilla got the first two batters as the fans were ready to let loose. Harper came up and battled like he did all series and this kid is going to be special. His fire kept the Nats in just about every game and he walked to set up Casilla vs. Ramos as Romos grounded out to Panik at 2nd base to set off the celebration in S.F.
It was a blast and the memories were thick in the fans minds.

The beer flowed everywhere and the Champagne showers came true in the clubhouse as the Giants now face St. Louis in the NLCS starting Saturday. Since 2009 the Giants and Cards have both been in the WS two times each as no other team has been there. This series should be a battle as there is history between both and Holiday will hear some boos again in S.F. for the Scutaro slide at 2nd in 2012. Oh yeah did I mention the Dodgers are out after getting beat in St. Louis 3-2 today. Bye bye L.A. !

Tonight is for celebration and celebrate all of San Francisco did and they did it all together.

Go Giants !!:yes:

:suds::clap::drum::thrasher::headbanger::grouphug:

on youtube...

Steve Miller Band - Celebration Song

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Miller Band - Celebration Song

posted by Dominator8146

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MY back hurts just watching that.

I have said it before and I will say it again. He will not age well.

Not going to get into this discussion again, but what a thrill for the people standing in that section.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess you can start Bum game 1 on 4 days rest, then Peavy, then Hudson, then Vogey?