• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10/24 GDT Royaleswithcheese @ Huddy

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is weather looking like?

If tomorrow is rained out, does that just shift everything back one day?

That would be AWESOME! That would would allow us to start Bum in Game 4 on regular rest, then start him for Game 7 on short rest, with Petit, Vogey and Timmeh all available for long duty if needed.

That could be a series-changer.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with Vogey...the starters have been doing their jobs. The offense and bully have been sub par.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals hold on and win 3-2 over Giants in Game 3 of the World Series

There was a buzz around the yard Friday night and it was not just because of the alcohol that flowed freely. It is the World Series , it was back in San Francisco and it seemed like the whole Bay Area showed up for the party. The restaurants and bars were packed to the max. Families lined up to enter Memory Park to fill their minds with more of what we know is Giants baseball. McCovey Cove had more boats and people in it than I have ever remember seeing in the history of AT&T Park. Everyone showed up for the big Heavyweight fight between two scrapping teams that bring it with everything they got. The fans got their money's worth as both teams battled but only one winner could raise their arms at the end.

Too bad for the Giants and the S.F. fans that it was the visiting scrappers the KC Royals . Tim Hudson strode to the mound it his first start in a World Series and battled like the warrior he is. His first pitch though in the Fall Classic got whacked for a double. The Royals pushed across a 1st inning run and it was a important run. Getting leads in baseball is huge and especially in big games like Game 3. Huddy rolled along from there slicing and dicing through the KC line up. The Giants had trouble though getting to the Stanford grad Jeremy Guthrie who must of been fired up to be back in the Bay tossing his biggest game of his life. All the talk was about Hudson but Guthrie and that bullpen would be the story for KC.

Guthrie took a 3-0 lead into the bottom of the 6th inning after Gordon and Hosmer drove in runs in the top of the inning. The Giants battled back like they usually do putting together a rally and when Morse drove a ball down the line in left for a double for the Giants first run the yard exploded with cheers from the S.F. fans. I watched the game from my favorite local eating place down the street and it was really charged up out there too. The most people I have ever seen on the streets during a game as many could not get tickets or were just priced out of the ticket market. At $500-$600 for a standing room ticket it was a tough market to find a ticket at a reasonable price for the fans who need to eat for the rest of the month. Moving on back to the 6th inning as Posey grounded out to score the Giants second run and it was a new ballgame.

The KC bullpen was huge in the game as they shut down the Giants hitters for 4 innings and that was the game. KC wins 3-2 in well played game by both teams and now KC owns home field again as this Series will go back to the Royals home in Missouri. Both of these teams really want it and Game 4 is Saturday night as General Vogelsong tries to rally the troops to a victory that could tie the series at 2-2.

As for me I am still working off a major heat on but I had tons of fun getting that heat on. Fun times as the energy level in and around AT&T is at a all-time high. It's time for two aspirin and a lot of water to get rested up for Game 4 in the Greatest City in the World...San Francisco.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

Last edited by a moderator: