• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10/22 GDT World SERIOUS Game 2

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short of Cal changing this, you can always write it in Word or some word processing program, then copy and paste into SportsHoopla.

I have no clue about what you just tried to explain to me. Too much of a hassle. You can't add edit time? Too bad.

Thanks Stokes.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue about what you just tried to explain to me. Too much of a hassle. You can't add edit time? Too bad.

Thanks Stokes.

Just write your post offline. Then copy it, and paste it into a Sportshoopla post. All solved.

I will look into the editing time, but can't promise anything beyond that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Peavy, the Giants would not be in the post-season. He was a wonderful addition to the team.

Having said that, I thought initially that trying to resign him in the off-season would be a priority. But the several starts he has made in the post-season have me second-guessing that.

14.2 IP

12 H

6 ER

8 BB

6 K

3.68 ERA

He hasn't gotten out of the 6th inning in any of the three games, which really stresses the bullpen. The post-season ERA is OK, but not the innings nor the walks.

Should signing Peavy be a priority in the off season?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Peavy, the Giants would not be in the post-season. He was a wonderful addition to the team.

Having said that, I thought initially that trying to resign him in the off-season would be a priority. But the several starts he has made in the post-season have me second-guessing that.

14.2 IP

12 H

6 ER

8 BB

6 K

3.68 ERA

He hasn't gotten out of the 6th inning in any of the three games, which really stresses the bullpen. The post-season ERA is OK, but not the innings nor the walks.

Should signing Peavy be a priority in the off season?

We need 2 starters to go along with Bum, Huddy and Cain. Who else would you recommend?

Yes, I think Peavy is a priority. We can either make a late-season trade, or hope one if the kids is available for the post season.

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cal is there anyway you could add more time for me to edit my stories. It won't let me edit after only like 5 minutes. If I take too long to write my story it also shuts down and I have to start over. Kind of a catch 22 for me.

If you could add five or ten minutes I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

That is not possible, sorry. Like Stokes said, just write your story off line, proof it, THEN post it.

That's what I do on my longer, more detailed posts.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need 2 starters to go along with Bum, Huddy and Cain. Who else would you recommend?

Yes, I think Peavy is a priority. We can either make a late-season trade, or hope one if the kids is available for the post season.

I don't have anyone in mind at the moment, but Peavy is a 5 inning pitcher these days. While he was fabulous with the Giants at the end of the season, these 5 inning gigs concern me. He does well the first two times through the lineup, and then gets hit hard the 3rd time through.

Again, I was enthusiastically for it. Now I am not sure. Too early to prognosticate, though, lots can happen in the next week.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have anyone in mind at the moment, but Peavy is a 5 inning pitcher these days. While he was fabulous with the Giants at the end of the season, these 5 inning gigs concern me. He does well the first two times through the lineup, and then gets hit hard the 3rd time through.

Again, I was enthusiastically for it. Now I am not sure. Too early to prognosticate, though, lots can happen in the next week.

Nothing you say is inaccurate.

If he requires a 3-year deal, thank him and move on. A 1-year deal, almost at any cost, and I say, "go for it". 2-years, and I would not want to go more than 17 or so. But that is at the high-end.

We REALLY need a few of the kids to pan out...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he requires a 3-year deal, thank him and move on. A 1-year deal, almost at any cost, and I say, "go for it". 2-years, and I would not want to go more than 17 or so. But that is at the high-end.

Blackburn pitched well the other day in the AFL. From what I saw (two games with him), I was not impressed. Does not throw particularly hard (FB = 89), and didn't seem like much movement on the pitches. Still, he is one of our best prospects.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

100% agree with this. We gotta remember that in the regular season Peavy doesn't get pulled in probably any of his playoff starts. I was really worried after the 1st that he wouldn't make it more than 3 innings, but he did about as well as I expected. If he is the #5 next year, I'm fine with that. 2/15 I would probably reluctantly do, prefer a 1 year plus incentives or 1 year w/ a vesting option for 2016 based on IP. I think we need a number 2 and with the FA options, I think Sabean will work the trade market. Bum/?/Cain/Hudson/Peavy. Hopefully Crick/Blach/Blackburn/Beede/etc step up and fill the 4/5 slots after 2015.

Back to SF, big start for Hudson. Park will be rocking and definitely have the advantage moving to NL baseball. GO GIANTS!

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad to be going back to SF but I expect this to be a very very difficult series. Taking 2 of 3 in SF will be no easy task. KC is a much different team then we've seen so far. As GBPF stated ... the KC 3 are just unfair. Their pen is better than ours in these types of series. If their starter can get them to the KC 3 it's going to be very tough on us. We also need to have some people 'wake up'. I love Posey but as stated here ... it's been a very hallow .290. No power from Panda or Posey as hurts. the pen melted down yesterday. I'll take that as an off day. But I don't want to see Strickland on the mound again in this series. I love what Bochy has done for this team but I question his moves with Strickland. Harper should have clearly put some thoughts into his head. being a Giant fan makes us a little 'homerish' and that's expected. When I tell some people around the office that our next two pitchers are Hudson and Vogelsong ... all I get is 'good luck' with that. We know they both are capable but we also know they didn't have a stellar 2nd half to the season. They will need to step up for us now. We have to reach Bum with at least a split .....

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reported on Bleacher Report, Lincecum is getting an MRI today on his lower back and left side. No report on his status on the roster yet.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Rally Zito? Maybe that would work again with Huddy and Vogey. I think these two are going to have to bring their A games on Fri+Sat.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NoMilka.jpg

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised tzill. Didn't you state back in late July that the team was screwed, that we wouldn't make the post-season? That we should have been sellers?

Your 2014 Giants : NL champs!!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised tzill. Didn't you state back in late July that the team was screwed, that we wouldn't make the post-season? That we should have been sellers?

Your 2014 Giants : NL champs!!

Let it go, Marco, he knows what he did. He's been quiet here for a while and it's working so far...:hope: