• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 10/2 Them vs. Us

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Heston is far from guaranteed a spot, I am actually not that concerned for him next year. He hit the wall. Pure and simple. He was soooo dominating the first half of the year, I think what we have seen from him lately is just him being exhausted and then a lack of confidence thrown in.

Having said that, though, I agree that he SHOULD start in Sacto. If he is not, that means the Gs only acquired 1 SP in the off season. The Giants need another 1 (if not an Ace) and a 2/3 (for argument, let's say Cueto and Leake).

Bum
Cueto
Leake
Peavy
Cain

With Heston, Beede, Blackburn, Stratton, Blach and Mejia ready for fill-in duty.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost got it there.

If he hit that ball on the sweet spot, it may have been the farthest homer for a right-handed hitter in this yard. He hit that more off the end of the bat, and STILL crushed it 400+ feet.

He's got plus power and plus bat speed. If he makes contact...

Reactions: LHG

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Heston is far from guaranteed a spot, I am actually not that concerned for him next year. He hit the wall. Pure and simple. He was soooo dominating the first half of the year, I think what we have seen from him lately is just him being exhausted and then a lack of confidence thrown in.

Having said that, though, I agree that he SHOULD start in Sacto. If he is not, that means the Gs only acquired 1 SP in the off season. The Giants need another 1 (if not an Ace) and a 2/3 (for argument, let's say Cueto and Leake).

Bum
Cueto
Leake
Peavy
Cain

With Heston, Beede, Blackburn, Stratton, Blach and Mejia ready for fill-in duty.
While I'm concerned, I think his first half means he deserves an inside track on the 5th spot. The way many of the big name guys are performing the 2nd half of this season, I'm less than excited about the big name free agents considering their cost probably won't go down. I don't want another Zito.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are trying hard to gift Kendrick on what is likely his first quality start of the season. DeAza wasn't trying hard enough in that at-bat.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check that. Surprisingly, Kendrick actually has thrown some decent games before this one.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'm concerned, I think his first half means he deserves an inside track on the 5th spot. The way many of the big name guys are performing the 2nd half of this season, I'm less than excited about the big name free agents considering their cost probably won't go down. I don't want another Zito.
You HAVE to give Cain the inside track for the #5 spot. He has earned that. And what we saw of him this year is actually quite encouraging. He just needs to get familiar with his new arm. So if you want him as the 4 and Heston as the 5, I think that is conceding 2016. We need 2 more pitchers at the top. Not just 1.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You HAVE to give Cain the inside track for the #5 spot. He has earned that. And what we saw of him this year is actually quite encouraging. He just needs to get familiar with his new arm. So if you want him as the 4 and Heston as the 5, I think that is conceding 2016. We need 2 more pitchers at the top. Not just 1.
I'm not sure that is true. To me, that's more against Bumgarner than anyone else. Signing one good pitcher, moving Peavy to 3, Cain to 4 and Heston to 5, would be good to start the season. Get the offense healthy (Pagan/Blanco, Panik, Duffy, Posey, Pence, Belt, Crawford, Aoki/Byrd/Parker/Blanco, pitcher) and I think that they would be enough to compete and see how the back end of the rotation shakes out. If help is needed, swing a trade or see what the young guys can do. If the team is way out of it by the trading deadline, I doubt a 2nd starting pitcher would have been enough anyway.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the Rockies bring a reliever with an ERA of under 4 so we could possibly score some runs?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Jesus.

Do you guys see what is happening in Arizona?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Casilla needs 55 games finished to vest the option.

He's sitting on 53, with 2 to play. What once looked like a shoe-in is now at risk.

He could save tomorrow's game and hit a walk-off homerun Sunday to vest it I guess.

Granted, I believe it just turns into a team option that the Giants would probably just pick it up anyway.