• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 10/11 NLDS Eyebrow vs Lackey

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thought, but any thoughts to using Cain in the pen, 7th/8th inning guy? I know he's been a starter and his velocity seemed up before hitting the DL but he lacks the ability to get twice through the lineup before crooked numbers become plentiful. So why not use him as a reliever in a year where we know we are most likely going to buy him out afterwards anyways. I know his injury history and the bullpen may not be best for him health-wise, but Blach showed he's a gamer, Cain ain't sticking around much longer so we should see if the team can utilize him while he's here.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thought, but any thoughts to using Cain in the pen, 7th/8th inning guy? I know he's been a starter and his velocity seemed up before hitting the DL but he lacks the ability to get twice through the lineup before crooked numbers become plentiful. So why not use him as a reliever in a year where we know we are most likely going to buy him out afterwards anyways. I know his injury history and the bullpen may not be best for him health-wise, but Blach showed he's a gamer, Cain ain't sticking around much longer so we should see if the team can utilize him while he's here.
There will certainly be some openings in the pen. I can't see resigning Lopez, Romo, or Casilla.

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I wish Bochy would have stuck with D Law last night. He's been great in the past managing the bullpen but I feel he's been way too quick in pulling our better relievers if they put on a baserunner. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20 but this one stings bad.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they gotta go, they gotta go, but I'm going to miss any long time Giant who leaves: Casilla, Lopez, Romo (all part of The Nine), even Blanco. Hell Matt Cain might only pitch a few more times for us.

Lots of turnover coming. We've already lost so many: Timmy, Panda, Affeldt. It's sad but it's part of the game.
We (myself included), the fans, can get so focused on the immediate results that we can forget both the long term contributions or that the players are people. However, the Giants seem to know when its time to let players walk (or fail to recognize a player is done when they are picked up) - there aren't too many former Giants in the big leagues.

I am grateful for all that Casilla, Lopez, Romo, Pagan, Peavy and Blanco have contributed. But I do think they all need to move on.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally the Cubs are at the other end of the stick in a playoff meltdown.

Weird feeling. Up until the bottom of the 9th, all I could think about was "here we go again".

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was pretty upset he wasn't even called to warm up in the 9th inning - Giants' Casilla laments not being called to mound

Very understandable why he was upset. Despite his struggles this season, he has contributed a lot to the team's success over the last few years.

It's very painful now after what just happened, but 3 titles in 7 seasons is pretty damn good. Would not have seemed possible a decade ago at this time.

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Weird feeling. Up until the bottom of the 9th, all I could think about was "here we go again".

After Lopez walked Rizzoli, all I could think was "here we go again".

Last night was the Giants entire season in a nutshell.

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ rizzoli^, stupid auto correct

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Giants faced a great challenge in the Cubs and couldn't get it done. This is looking like the Cubs year to win it all.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants faced a great challenge in the Cubs and couldn't get it done. This is looking like the Cubs year to win it all.

I'm refraining from saying that until I see it.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Lopez walked Rizzoli, all I could think was "here we go again".

Last night was the Giants entire season in a nutshell.

The real big moment seemed to be Zobrist's double. That was when the Giants were really in trouble.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real big moment seemed to be Zobrist's double. That was when the Giants were really in trouble.
And I still have not heard a good reason for having Romo face him instead of Smith facing him.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I still have not heard a good reason for having Romo face him instead of Smith facing him.

Still can't get over Law getting pulled in the 1st place with a 3-run lead. But the fact he went to Javy. I think we all knew how that would end.

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only thing I could think of is it made Ben Zobrist hit from the left side of the plate making a game tying home run more difficult due to the dimensions of the park.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I could think of is it made Ben Zobrist hit from the left side of the plate making a game tying home run more difficult due to the dimensions of the park.
But this year, lefties had a .790 OPS against Romo. Lefties, against Smith, had a .627 OPS.