• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of bad play tonight, where was the urgency? This is the stuff they were doing at the first of the year. Also Hart was again awesome and really kept the team in it. Sad to waste that effort.
100% on the money with this post

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought the Flyers would come out strong and win tonight, but it just wasn't meant to be I guess. That pretty much put the final dagger into the season and prepare for the draft.
Not ready for the draft yet i want to see the kids play this out. Id love if we could get Morin some time with the big club.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always one of the issues of taking the first half of the season off. It's nearly impossible to bring it every night from January to April. The margin for error demands it, but it's just not a realistic expectation.

I agree, I think that one is the dagger. 6 behind Columbus (7 with ROW) and 5 behind Montreal (6 with ROW). Only 9 games left. Even if the Flyers go 9-0-0, they would need Columbus to go 5-3-1 and Montreal to go 6-4-0.
I could definitely see Columbus going 5-3-1 and Montreal going 6-4 but that 9-0-0 is gonna be really tough. That was a huge loss at home last night

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
91.8% chance of picking 14th
5% chance of winning the lottery and jumping to the top 3
3.2% chance of Montreal winning the lottery and jumping them, meaning they pick 15th.
15th is the middle of the pack.

We have so many prospects and cant pay all of our young defensemen. Maybe we could package do a package and move up.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case anyone was watching Taryn had one of her best looks of the season last night. Straight fire.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not ready for the draft yet i want to see the kids play this out. Id love if we could get Morin some time with the big club.

IMO, it's time to play Morin. Gordon basically said they'd like to see him get some games, but won't throw him in while they're still fighting for a playoff birth. To me, it's time to get Morin in there. Maybe 1 more loss, but your 6th, or even 7th dman, isn't going to dramatically reduce your chances of winning a game.

He was apparently sick last night anyway, so maybe that carries over to tomorrow. But I hope we see him soon.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15th is the middle of the pack.

We have so many prospects and cant pay all of our young defensemen. Maybe we could package do a package and move up.

I agree. I have a hard time getting pumped for this draft because I think they should trade the pick for current roster help. See if you can't get a top 6 center with that as the focal point of a package. The Ducks are bad and are cap screwed right now, maybe you try to pry Getzlaf out of there (33 yrs old, 8.25M for 2 more years). He's taken a step back this year, but he'd look pretty damn good as a 2 or even 3C, with the kind of support the Flyers could give him on the wings. And I bet the Ducks would be pretty open to moving his salary and getting some future value back.

I'm not totally sold on Getzlaf, but that would be the type of trade I'd be looking for with the 1st rounder. Couturier, Patrick, Getzlaf, and Laughton would be pretty damn strong up the middle though. And I like the 2 year term. He'd have to waive his NMC though.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I have a hard time getting pumped for this draft because I think they should trade the pick for current roster help. See if you can't get a top 6 center with that as the focal point of a package. The Ducks are bad and are cap screwed right now, maybe you try to pry Getzlaf out of there (33 yrs old, 8.25M for 2 more years). He's taken a step back this year, but he'd look pretty damn good as a 2 or even 3C, with the kind of support the Flyers could give him on the wings. And I bet the Ducks would be pretty open to moving his salary and getting some future value back.

I'm not totally sold on Getzlaf, but that would be the type of trade I'd be looking for with the 1st rounder. Couturier, Patrick, Getzlaf, and Laughton would be pretty damn strong up the middle though. And I like the 2 year term. He'd have to waive his NMC though.
Now this trade i would get behind in a second. Another benefit of trading for Getzlaf would be he could mentor Patrick and mold him into the power center he needs to be in a few years.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this trade i would get behind in a second. Another benefit of trading for Getzlaf would be he could mentor Patrick and mold him into the power center he needs to be in a few years.

Ya, the more I think about that, the more I like that one. Getzlaf was apparently very frustrated this season in Anaheim too. A couple articles I read said it was mostly about the coaching staff, which has since been fired, and that the team has some belief in the talent level just needed a different voice.

He brings skill, size, and leadership. The more I think about it, the more I think he'd be a homerun.

We'll see what the Ducks decide to do this summer, but if they want to rebuild, I'd be very interested in bringing in Getzlaf. I think that makes sense for both teams, if they can find common ground.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Couts on getting his 30th goal and his 70 point and just being awesome the last two years.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
I hope next year we have a few players with awesome seasons that don't go to waste. I'm so glad Hextall is gone and this team can move forward and truly start competing. Can you imagine where we'd be if Hextall was still here? Good thing is we'll probably get to see Morin last few games.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope next year we have a few players with awesome seasons that don't go to waste. I'm so glad Hextall is gone and this team can move forward and truly start competing. Can you imagine where we'd be if Hextall was still here? Good thing is we'll probably get to see Morin last few games.
We have been alternating between making the playoffs and not making it since 2012. Next season is our make year so next year cant come fast enough.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AWAZ should i take Va Tech in my bracket to go all the way?

Can they beat Duke?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AWAZ should i take Va Tech in my bracket to go all the way?

Can they beat Duke?

They beat them once! It was without Zion though. VT didn't have their PG/best player (Robinson) in that game either, but Zion >>> Robinson.

I've got Duke right now..