• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't see Hart being harolded as one of the best goalie prospects in league history, but Carey Price was..

WHL stat comparisons
Price: 193gp, .915 sv%, 2.38 gaa, 15 SO
Hart: 190gp, .927 sv%, 2.01 gaa, 26 SO

Hart has the stats to back up Mav's claim. Hart is significantly better than Price in every category.
Sorry i didn't realize that the WHL is the premiere measuring stick for goalies in the history of hockey. (Huge sarcasm). Not to mention i didn't know going back to Price 10 years ago counted as the history of hockey.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont think if we offered Hart and our two numbers ones this season that Montreal wouldn't take that? Plus we all know if they asked for Prov Hexy would hang up immediately.

For the record i dont want to do this deal. This is just to get some posts going.

Yep, understood.

And absolutely I think Montreal would hang up if Provorov wasn't included. Price is the best player the Habs have had in ages. No way they give up him for guys that haven't played in the NHL. He's the biggest, best asset they have and will have for the foreseeable future. They have to get a franchise cornerstone for him in return. At least, that's how I would look at it. I think you can be pretty damn sure Provorov is a franchise cornerstone at this point, given he's already a legit #1 dman. Hart oozes potential, but he hasn't played a game in the NHL yet.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry i didn't realize that the WHL is the premiere measuring stick for goalies in the history of hockey. (Huge sarcasm). Not to mention i didn't know going back to Price 10 years ago counted as the history of hockey.

I'm not saying the WHL is the premiere measuring stick. Nor am I saying 10 years ago is the history of hockey. I'm saying that by the time Carey Price got to the NHL (AHL really), he was considered one of the best goaltending prospects in NHL history. And Hart's resume is better than his was.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying the WHL is the premiere measuring stick. Nor am I saying 10 years ago is the history of hockey. I'm saying that by the time Carey Price got to the NHL (AHL really), he was considered one of the best goaltending prospects in NHL history. And Hart's resume is better than his was.

That and we all know Lasgop is just stirring the pot here. A man with Carter Hart as his avatar is certainly well aware of the greatness that is on the way.

If we're at 1K posts by the end of the week, he may slow down some. That's the silver lining.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carey Price played for the Tri City Americans in the WHL.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and we all know Lasgop is just stirring the pot here. A man with Carter Hart as his avatar is certainly well aware of the greatness that is on the way.

If we're at 1K posts by the end of the week, he may slow down some. That's the silver lining.
I have Carter Hart to pay off my bet with Mav

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carey Price played for the Tri City Americans in the WHL.

If you weren't aware, the WHL is one of the top two or three junior leagues in North America when it comes to developing players for the Nhl.

If you're thought of as possibly the best goalie ever in the WHL, I'd say it puts you in the running for best Nhl goalie prospect ever as well.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he'd actually be creative and send an Avi of Morgan Frost. But he was lacking in that area.

It was too obvious of a choice. Besides, we got on the topic of goaltending, people disrespecting Hart and wanting to trade him away before he's even been given a chance at the pro level.

That and we all know you are all about the future of this franchise and what better way to show it than to display the kid who could be the best goalie that we've had in decades!? All of our hopes and dreams could be coming true and I thank you for bringing it to the light.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was too obvious of a choice. Besides, we got on the topic of goaltending, people disrespecting Hart and wanting to trade him away before he's even been given a chance at the pro level.

That and we all know you are all about the future of this franchise and what better way to show it than to display the kid who could be the best goalie that we've had in decades!? All of our hopes and dreams could be coming true and I thank you for bringing it to the light.
Here's a crazy thought. What if just like Couts he takes 5 years to get to the top of his NHL game. Do i have to wait at least 5 more years . Gee and Jake and Simmonds will be in wheel chairs by then.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a crazy thought. What if just like Couts he takes 5 years to get to the top of his NHL game. Do i have to wait at least 5 more years . Gee and Jake and Simmonds will be in wheel chairs by then.

Even if by some ridiculous miracle that happens, so the fuck what!?!

By that time, Patrick will be our top line center, Frost could be one of his wingers, Vorobyov on the second line with Ratcliffe and Lindblom. Rubtsov centering the third line with guys like Twarynski, Strome or Sushko. Our two first round picks in the upcoming draft could already be fully developed and on the team. Provorov will be a perennial Norris Trophy candidate and our defense will be absolutely stacked altogether.

What exactly is the issue? Lol

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't stack your team every single year at the deadline when you have a fringe playoff team.

Why? Wave goodbye to your farm team and home grown talent. That and there's no guarantee you're going to win Cups either.

Do we really want to revert to the days of Clarke or Holmgren as GM? Even then, they at least had truly competitive teams to start with, but still could not bring a Cup to Philly.

Hexy is going a completely different direction with this team and it's going to work better in the long run.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at Columbus and NJ. Bought at the deadline and neither of them could even come close to getting out of round one. They weren't playing the two-time defending champs either.

Instead, their opponents were a team that missed the playoffs just last season and another than routinely chokes and never gets past round two, despite often winning the President's Trophy.

Would you rather be short an extra couple picks and prospects but know that we gave it a better shot this season? Lol

We would still be golfing right now like they are. That's just the truth of the matter.

The Devils have one pick total in the first three rounds of the 2018 draft and look where it got them. One win shy of what we accomplished...Lol

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if by some ridiculous miracle that happens, so the fuck what!?!

By that time, Patrick will be our top line center, Frost could be one of his wingers, Vorobyov on the second line with Ratcliffe and Lindblom. Rubtsov centering the third line with guys like Twarynski, Strome or Sushko. Our two first round picks in the upcoming draft could already be fully developed and on the team. Provorov will be a perennial Norris Trophy candidate and our defense will be absolutely stacked altogether.

What exactly is the issue? Lol
The issue in this case is waiting ANOTHER 5 YEARS!!!!!!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue in this case is waiting ANOTHER 5 YEARS!!!!!!!

Five years is nothing. I've been watching this team for 23+ years and if we start winning Cups five years from now, I'll be up in Philly celebrating with them.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at Columbus and NJ. Bought at the deadline and neither of them could even come close to getting out of round one. They weren't playing the two-time defending champs either.

Instead, their opponents were a team that missed the playoffs just last season and another than routinely chokes and never gets past round two, despite often winning the President's Trophy.

Would you rather be short an extra couple picks and prospects but know that we gave it a better shot this season? Lol

We would still be golfing right now like they are. That's just the truth of the matter.

The Devils have one pick total in the first three rounds of the 2018 draft and look where it got them. One win shy of what we accomplished...Lol

"Would you rather be short an extra couple picks and prospects but know that we gave it a better shot this season?"

100% yes yes yes!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll take a great team for 5, 6, 7 years by waiting a few years for it to happen instead of buying at the deadline to marginally improve a bubble team. Every single time.

Going for the cup every year is how you trade Bobrovsky and sign Bryzgalov. It’s how you offer sheet Shea Weber (would’ve been a disaster). It’s how you trade Justin a Williams for Danny Markov. JvR for Schenn. The 1st rounder that became John Carlson for Steve Eminger. A 1st and 3rd for Kris Versteeg.

We bemoan those terrible moves almost everyday and here you guys are asking them to repeat it on Michael Grabner, Patrick Maroon, or Carey Price.

Cmon guys.

Wait until the time is right and make the right moves. When you have a steaming pile of garbage making up 50% of your blue line, an all AHL 4th line, and mediocre goaltending, the time is not right.