• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good discussion on Nylander, too many posts to quote, but here's my thoughts.

I think the Leafs are after Ghost. Top 4 dman locked down on a great contract. He gives them the best bang for their cap dollar. Next choice would be Sanheim, established NHL guy with top 4 potential and should be able to get him on a good contract too since he's not established. If I'm the Flyers, I ask for Nylander+ for Ghost. He's exactly what they need and they're up against a wall.

I agree Simmonds+Sanheim would probably be enough to get it done. I'd be warry of trading Sanheim for another forward though. Like I said at the start, Nylander is almost the furthest thing from what they need to fix the team right now. Small-ish, high skilled forward. With the NHL roster as it is, and the prospect pool as it is, I think the Flyers need to keep the high ceiling dmen.

I wonder if the Leafs would be interested in something like Simmonds, Myers, and AMac. They get Simmonds for the year to make a run, AMac to help their defense now, and Myers to help their defense in the future. They could buy out AMac next summer and slot Myers in. AMac would be a 1.1M hit next year and a 1.9M hit the year after, more manageable than the 5M he's at now. Flyers get Nylander and shed AMac's contract. Might not be enough from the Flyers side, but I know top-4 potential, RHD carry a lot of value. So does 6'5 and plus skating. I doubt Dubas is interested in AMac though, he's a stats nerd and those types hate AMac. Probably wouldn't see him as a help this season.
If we could do it for Simmonds, myers and amac I would be ecstatic. I have liked Simmer a lot but he's really not a big piece of our future IMO.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could do it for Simmonds, myers and amac I would be ecstatic. I have liked Simmer a lot but he's really not a big piece of our future IMO.

Yep, I agree. That's what I would try to push for, but I don't know if the Leafs would go for that. If they opt not to re-sign Simmonds (likely) and buyout AMac, it looks like Myers for Nylander and that's not a real good look for Dubas barring a 2nd half explosion from Myers.

Still though, maybe they haven't gotten any better offers and they don't feel Nylander will sign. Getting something instead of having Nylander sit out the year is better than nothing.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Nylander hypotheticals are one of the interview questions for the new GM! :lol:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Nylander hypotheticals are one of the interview questions for the new GM! :lol:
Speaking of hypothetical is there anything other situations out there being talked about besides Nylander?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of hypothetical is there anything other situations out there being talked about besides Nylander?

Nothing that I've seen. Is kinda nice having Hextall gone because the Flyers aren't a vault of information. Hockey is way more fun when the Flyers are part of every rumor!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, been in Houston for a bunch of meetings and been real busy. Anything new going on?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling JVR for tomorrow night. :what:

Hey Pens suck this year too! Maybe we won't get embarrassed.

Gimme Patrick, he needs to get going again.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will go with Couts as he seems to do well against the Pens.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really want Holmgren to be the one assessing the answer?:eek:

Lol. I have to say, if there ever was such a thing I'd be a Homer apologist. He did some crazy stuff, but I don't think he gets enough credit for the Carter and Richards trades. This team would have been in the basement for years had he not pulled those off.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unloading Forsberg was also masterful. Essentially got:

Parent
Upshall
3rd rounder
Timonen
Hartnell

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess in reality, what he was good at was blowing up the core haha. He was so bad at the rest of it that he had to blow it up twice in his tenure though.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe just keep him away from trading picks and prospects and out of the free agent market!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe just keep him away from trading picks and prospects and out of the free agent market!

Yep, agree with you there. Especially the free agent market. I think he might've given me 6 years 6M per! (spoiler: that would've gone very poorly for the Flyers)

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, been in Houston for a bunch of meetings and been real busy. Anything new going on?
You missed a ton. @lasgop8 still hates JVR has been posted on three pages the last couple of days, lol. With this pace we should hit the 10k mark before the end of January.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true but my point is everyone should be outraged with this team for being stagnant for the last 6 years coming on the back end of not winning a cup since 1975. Need to shake it up as putting a few pieces together to make us better is not good enough.
Believe me no one is happy but the cap had to be fixed. The last thing we need to hear is Homer signing every old FA again to compete immediately with little hope and trading away all prospects and picks! Teams that win have a good mix of young and old cap space being a bonus to fill in a weakness. Blowing it up and trying to win with rookies doesn't sound appealing or realistic...