• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team really needs to do something about the goaltending. The 5th and 6th goals were just plain awful

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I know I've beat this topic in the past,but when does Hextall pull the plug on Haks? We've seen enough of this same inconsistency over the last three seasons to have an idea of he fits the bill,no? Take action now while the season is early. Then again I have no idea who is available that would be an upgrade? Thoughts?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
put a fucking goalie in net that can make a key save. enough of this crap

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oo man. What the hell is going on with this team?

Wasn’t energy tonight to me. I thought they had good energy.

But they’re an absolute disaster in the defensive zone. Goaltending is terrible. Puck movement is terrible. Backchecking is terrible. Coverage is terrible. In 2/3 of the ice they look pretty good, in 1/3 they look like they don’t know if they’re playing hockey or knitting sweaters.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was looking like we had a decent shot at tying this 4-4 late in the third and then obviously Folin trips over himself, coughs the puck up in our zone and Pickard allows a soft one. Pickard then allows another soft one to close out the scoring. Get him out of there.

Time to go back to Elliott and also get Neuvy 100% healthy and in there asap.

It's more bad defense as a team than anything, but definitely find the goalie that can make the timely saves.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
put a fucking goalie in net that can make a key save. enough of this crap
I was going back in this thread and I think the second page or so you mentioned trading for Price... I think you may be into something. He would help us big time.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going back in this thread and I think the second page or so you mentioned trading for Price... I think you may be into something. He would help us big time.

I’m still not for trading for Price. Way too much contract and way too much to give up.

But I’m more and more open to trading for a goalie. But you gotta get some of these other goalies out of the system too. They have 6 and I don’t want to see any of them start games at the nhl level right now.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this continues, we're going to probably lose 4 of our next 5 games to close out October. Then perhaps Hakstol is on the hot seat, but these are difficult opponents coming up here.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It feels like the skaters decided the goalies were garbage and they were going to have to outscore teams every game. So they go out there and try to score or set up a goal every time they have the puck on their still. Calm the hell down and make the easy play!

And just because the goalie sucks, doesn’t mean you don’t have to play defense!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this continues, we're going to probably lose 4 of our next 5 games to close out October. Then perhaps Hakstol is on the hot seat, but these are difficult opponents coming up here.

They haven’t had the easiest schedule either. Doesn’t excuse them at all, they’re playing poorly, but they have had a fairly tough start.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pickard should’ve stopped Duclair’s goal, Anderson’s goal, and Milano’s goal.

At least.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hak a little testy in the post game. Like to see that given the situation.

Not too pleased with Jake, rightfully so, on Atkinson’s first goal.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, this team will play defense hard for every goalie we put in there, one way or another. If it takes firing the head coach for them to sack up and do it, then so be it. I don't give a shit right now, but I hope they figure it out sooner rather than later before this season becomes a loss.

This can't be looked at like we have an entire season to figure out how to defend. The fucking time is now.

I believe that's 5+ goals or more given up in 4 of our 7 games played.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember,Bobs is going to be a UFA next year,and wants Price money.
Who would you rather have?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember,Bobs is going to be a UFA next year,and wants Price money.
Who would you rather have?
Unfortunately Bob isn't the answer either, is he a step up from what we have? Yes! But long term I'm not sure he has the full skill set, he's too flashu like Dubnyk, no real consistency. I think it's time to get Stolarz and Hart up into the fray, at this point what are we losing? Were not going anywhere with what we currently have soo???? At least see what these guys have to offer.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you catch the part about lack of system playing? Wonder why that is.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if I'm an opposing teams forward, I stand right in the front of the net,there is no physical play to move me so why not. Hagg needs to beat all the Dmans asses and teach them how to hit someone, and for Gods Sake, try skating with the puck instead of the stupid stretch pass game that has never worked for us( looking at you Provy). I lost count of how many passes we had intercepted at our blueline, I know it was more than 10 after just the 2nd period!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately Bob isn't the answer either, is he a step up from what we have? Yes! But long term I'm not sure he has the full skill set, he's too flashu like Dubnyk, no real consistency. I think it's time to get Stolarz and Hart up into the fray, at this point what are we losing? Were not going anywhere with what we currently have soo???? At least see what these guys have to offer.

I wouldn't put any of the young guys into games right now and shred their confidence. The team needs to play defense every once in a while before I look at bringing those guys up.

Need a more veteran guy that has already proven it to everyone and most importantly himself, so that when he faces 7 high danger scoring chances a period and gives up 4+ per game he can handle it.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put any of the young guys into games right now and shred their confidence. The team needs to play defense every once in a while before I look at bringing those guys up.

Need a more veteran guy that has already proven it to everyone and most importantly himself, so that when he faces 7 high danger scoring chances a period and gives up 4+ per game he can handle it.

So should Provy be a healthy scratch to see if he comes back focused? Our forwards suck at back checking also. there were numerous times I saw 3 Flyers and 1 Jacket in the corner where they gained control? It's crazy frustrating, maybe a lot of these players have been hyped up a little more than their capabilities?