• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1 Year Bowl Ban for Ohio St.

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and some more scholarship reductions. They can come back from this easily.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems about right. Arguably they got to sugar bowl and won due to hiding/ignorance/etc of the eligibility issues. Vacating wins is pointless, really.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got off light because the key witness refused to speak with the NCAA due to fearing for his life. Amazing that that guy thinks someone would kill him over OSU football, but the 5 year show cause ruling on Tressel ends his coaching career.

wearegettingthere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and some more scholarship reductions. They can come back from this easily.

Especially with the quality of athletes Meyer is attracting to the Ohio State University. They may even go 12-0 next year and send a message to the rest of the country. We may not see any affect on the field of this penelty with Meyer running the ship.

wearegettingthere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all are expecting a hell of a lot out of a team that went 6-6 this year and has a decent recruiting class coming in. It is going to take some time for them to re-emerge.

:L

You do realize their 2008 and 2009 recruiting classes were Top 5? Please research Coach Meyer. Every team he has coached improved immediately.

Their 6-6 record was more a reflection of all the distractions and starting a freshman qb. Unlike Tebow, Miller can throw. I can only imagine what Meyer can do to take advantage of his skills.

Unfortunately for any of us who root for teams not named the Ohio State University, starting in 2013 we might be rooting for the right for our team to play in the Capital One bowl perennially.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize their 2008 and 2009 recruiting classes were Top 5? Please research Coach Meyer. Every team he has coached improved immediately.

Their 6-6 record was more a reflection of all the distractions and starting a freshman qb. Unlike Tebow, Miller can throw. I can only imagine what Meyer can do to take advantage of his skills.

Unfortunately for any of us who root for teams not named the Ohio State University, starting in 2013 we might be rooting for the right for our team to play in the Capital One bowl perennially.

I will believe it when I see it on the field, but you guys are anointing these guys like FSU and Miami five years ago and look how that has panned out. I would be willing to bet that OSU has over 15 losses over the course of the next 5 years. Probation will limit them as well.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Especially with the quality of athletes Meyer is attracting to the Ohio State University. They may even go 12-0 next year and send a message to the rest of the country. We may not see any affect on the field of this penelty with Meyer running the ship.

Wow, just wow.

wearegettingthere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will believe it when I see it on the field, but you guys are anointing these guys like FSU and Miami five years ago and look how that has panned out. I would be willing to bet that OSU has over 15 losses over the course of the next 5 years. Probation will limit them as well.

No one is anointing anyone. Take deep breaths. Any predictions made for the Ohio State University's success is based on Meyer's body of work and the fact that the Ohio State University has an abundance of athletes and they are only getting more this recruiting season. The sanctions levied against the Ohio State University can be accurately characterized as a slap on the wrist. They will be fine. BTW, who anointed FSU and Miami? A few of your media types? The only team I saw having success 5 years ago was Florida. 2 National Championships under Meyer later and it turned it out right. Every other team in America wishes they had Coach Meyer. I know I wish my team did.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get ready for the number of automatic weapons to increase in Columbus 10 fold.

wearegettingthere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in- Virginia Tech and Miami fans are extremely envious of Coach Meyer. No surprises since Virginia Tech never can get over the hump and Miami is a second rate program running rampant with criminals.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This just in- Virginia Tech and Miami fans are extremely envious of Coach Meyer. No surprises since Virginia Tech never can get over the hump and Miami is a second rate program running rampant with criminals.

Ahhhh, no.

This just in- one Husker fan still bitter Miami beat them straight up for two NCs.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

'Never get over the hump' is 2-0 against you, and our coach did that without looking the other way while 40 of his players got arrested. Maybe you just cant see that because you're live posting from Urban's nutsack.

wearegettingthere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Never get over the hump' is 2-0 against you, and our coach did that without looking the other way while 40 of his players got arrested. Maybe you just cant see that because you're live posting from Urban's nutsack.

Huskers National Championships- 5
Hokies- 5 less

Scoreboard.