• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(1) Washington Capitals vs. (5) Tampa Bay Lightning - Series Thread

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think I'm gonna play golf tomorrow. See what it feels like to be real life Capitals' player in early May!!!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geeesh, no sticky. Don't let the body get cold. ;)

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to go ROLIE!

The Caps remind me of the Islanders from 75 through 79. They had a lot of talent. They just couldn't put it all together. Al Arbour said come playoff time his young team held on to the sticks too tight. It took the acquisition of Butch Goring to change things.

Right now I really have no idea what the Caps should do. However there's no doubt something needs to be done. This team is just too talented to have this happen year after year. What's scary is they have a lot of good young players on the way. Kuznetsov, Eakin & Orlov just to name a few.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the Caps lose the series, but I already had today off work, so I figure I could at least sleep in...

Two stumps being removed on my street early this morning. It sounds like they are raiding bin Laden's compound out there.

Facepalm me!

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks, eloco...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to go ROLIE!

The Caps remind me of the Islanders from 75 through 79. They had a lot of talent. They just couldn't put it all together. Al Arbour said come playoff time his young team held on to the sticks too tight. It took the acquisition of Butch Goring to change things.

Right now I really have no idea what the Caps should do. However there's no doubt something needs to be done. This team is just too talented to have this happen year after year. What's scary is they have a lot of good young players on the way. Kuznetsov, Eakin & Orlov just to name a few.

I thought Arnott was going to be a huge key to their success in that respect. REally sucks for Caps fans.

man this thread was unstickied fast. at least wait till the body is cold.
:(

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldnt find this posted. here is Teds letter to the fans

Teds Take

Congratulations to Tampa Bay

May 5th, 2011
They were clearly the better team and they amped it up to another level. They parlayed their momentum from round 1 quite efficiently while we never seemed to be able to step it up and catch them in terms of energy and production. Little things seemed to bother us this series. We weren’t resilient and we didn’t get over obstacles placed in our way. We are all accountable on this performance starting with me.

Their role players outplayed our role players.

Their highest paid players outplayed our highest paid players.

In fact, their role players outplayed our highest paid players.

Their goaltending was better.

Their special teams were better.

They adhered to their coaches’ system better than we adhered to our coaches’ system.

The wheels fell off for us. No doubt about that.

They deserve their success. They won and we lost. They move on. We ponder what to do next to improve our performance in the playoffs.

I was happy with our regular season performance. We won the East again.

I was happy with our first round performance winning a series in five games.

I am stunned that we were swept in round 2.

I am surprised that around the league such close games are turning into big leads for other teams as well.

In times like these people are emotional; angry; and demand change. I understand.

The best course of action for us though is to let a few days pass; be very analytic about what needs to be improved; articulate that plan; and then execute upon it.

Clearly we know we have to improve to build a franchise that is as good as our fan base.

I appreciate your emails. I appreciate all of the advice we are being given by media and bloggers. I understand that we are what our record says we are.

Thank you for your support during this grind of a season.

Thank you for caring so much. I am so very sorry we let you all down.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldnt find this posted. here is Teds letter to the fans

Teds Take

Geez why can't my team have an owner like that.:mad:

I do think Boudreau has to go though. I know everyone is going to say Semin will be dealt. I won't be surprised if it happens. He doesn't have a no trade clause in his contract. The downside is he's got 1 year left on his contract before he becomes an UFA & is going to make 6.75 million.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Lightning on the series win. I could've seen them winning the series but I was shocked to see them get a sweep.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, their role players outplayed our highest paid players.

Never a good sign...