• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(1) Vancouver Canucks vs. (8) Los Angeles Kings Series Thread

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck ... ryan kesler is in Kelowna? tubing? really? during the playoffs?
time and place Kesler !!!
time and place!!!

keslerboatjumpsmall.gif

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im having a brain cramp ... remember when Daniel Sedin was in the Kings crease and caught the rebound shot off the back glass and put it down in the blue while his stick was being tied up ... if he headed that puck in, Sebastien Le Toux style ... goal or no goal ???

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
goal

and if he were able to jump up and chest it in, it would have counted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random question: Does Vancouver trade one of it's goalies in the offseason? With Schnieder being an RFA it seems like the Nucks wouldn't want to resign him and keep Lou. I am sure there is a scenario where they could both fit under the cap but it would require losing a lot of depth, and that just doesn't seem worth it.

Follow up question: If they do trade a goalie, which one should they trade?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random question: Does Vancouver trade one of it's goalies in the offseason? With Schnieder being an RFA it seems like the Nucks wouldn't want to resign him and keep Lou. I am sure there is a scenario where they could both fit under the cap but it would require losing a lot of depth, and that just doesn't seem worth it.

Luongo is a goner.

wolfgang

wkern42
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
you dont have to be a canucks fan to have gotten the feeling that after the first period when the Sedins started going all Harlem Globetrotters on the power play and as they hit the blue line even strength ... the Kings players started thinking to themselves ... "oh fuck"

with all the standing around and watching the Kings did last night, Im sure they will figure it out and put some bodies on the Sedins Sunday

the LA Kings official twat should tweet "thank you Duncan Keith" if or when the Kings win this series

Yeah fuck Duncan Keith. And the way the Hawks whine about Torres with his marginal hits. A Blatant elbow to the temple is (ahem) a bit worse, no?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

1) probably. Schneider has obviously outgrown his back-up role. and Schneider could fetch a pretty significant return. However, we'd be crazy to get rid of him, right?
2) that is the $6.75 million question. I am sure that they have talked to Schneider's camp about what he'd like as a long-ish term starter contract. If not, then they sure as hell should.

however this playoffs plays out, this is going to be a mighty interesting summer.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) probably. Schneider has obviously outgrown his back-up role. and Schneider could fetch a pretty significant return. However, we'd be crazy to get rid of him, right?
2) that is the $6.75 million question. I am sure that they have talked to Schneider's camp about what he'd like as a long-ish term starter contract. If not, then they sure as hell should.

however this playoffs plays out, this is going to be a mighty interesting summer.

if for no other reason ... Im hoping the canucks come back and win this series just to see if Luongo starts game 1 versus a round 2 opponent

:jaw:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Schneider becoming an RFA in the offseason & Luongo having a long term contract which player would be easier to trade? Which player would bring back the most & best assets to the Canucks?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Schneider becoming an RFA in the offseason & Luongo having a long term contract which player would be easier to trade? Which player would bring back the most & best assets to the Canucks?

the answers arent cut and dry and Ive made my thoughts known already in the thread but the second question you pose isnt the be all end all

its not just about getting the best assets at this point ... its about keeping the goalie you want to move forward with and potentially freeing up 5.33 mill of cap space to get other players at other positions ... ie maximizing your cap distribution more efficiently

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

Schneider would definitely bring the best assets back, and of course, Lou has a NTC (with some out clauses a couple of years down the road).
but.... if what we are seeing is the student surpassing the master, it's unsure who the Canucks might prefer to keep, even factoring in what return either would bring, and factoring in whatever Schneider's raise would be.

It was assumed that Schneider would go in the summer, for a nice return... but now? - like I said, it's going to be interesting.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the answers arent cut and dry and Ive made my thoughts known already in the thread but the second question you pose isnt the be all end all

its not just about getting the best assets at this point ... its about keeping the goalie you want to move forward with and potentially freeing up 5.33 mill of cap space to get other players at other positions ... ie maximizing your cap distribution more efficiently

Hmm... I think Vancouver's cap situation could be improved quite a bit by trading Ballard. Of course finding a team willing to take on his salary without sending any salary back could be a problem.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm... I think Vancouver's cap situation could be improved quite a bit by trading Ballard. Of course finding a team willing to take on his salary without sending any salary back could be a problem.

dont look know but Keith Ballard is playing better, AV has confidence in him and he's been playing both power play and pk

but yes ... if someone else is out there that they would prefer to target on d ... say a Shea Weber ... he would be expendable

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont look know but Keith Ballard is playing better, AV has confidence in him and he's been playing both power play and pk

but yes ... if someone else is out there that they would prefer to target on d ... say a Shea Weber ... he would be expendable

Being completely healthy helps.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont mean to pile these on, but this is fucking awesome.

pokemondouh.gif

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has always been my favourite!

lGO4a.gif

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The HFBoards seems like the place to be for any 'shops or gifs relating to the NHL?

I think I might sign up over there just to post some of my stuff and see how I stack up?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake Price ‏ @blakeprice1040
Asked if the Schneider decision says anything about his 2 goalies next season, GM Mike Gillis: "I don't know yet"..