• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(1) Vancouver Canucks vs (8) Chicago Blackhawks - Series Thread

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well third year in a row. and the Canucks will face the team taht has embarassed them 2 years of those 3. will the third time be the charm for the Canucks.

Different Mental Makeup of the Canucks this year. I guess we will see if it holds true.

LETS DO THIS

GO CANUCKS GO

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the only resident hawks fan I'm here to represent for my boys. though they don't deserve it right now.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. god Dallas blew that game. that has got to get the Crow even more grey hair than he already has....

god I dont know how to talk about this series. I want to predict. I want to say we are the dominate team, the stats show it, the depth shows it, the goalie shows it.... but Jesus I cant read the Canucks minds to see how it will affect them hearing that fucking Chelsea Dagger more times this year lol

Im expecting this might be the best series of round 1. with probably Montreal vs Boston the second most intriguing to watch (LA and SJS will be fun as well)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is a great song to get under teh skin being the opposing fan/team.

by the way I repped you in advance Stache. dont expect to get another for 2 weeks :)

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is a great song to get under teh skin being the opposing fan/team.

by the way I repped you in advance Stache. dont expect to get another for 2 weeks :)

Sounds like a plan, I decided to return the favor.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Might as well exorcise those demons right off the bat.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!
Matty is right, this team has a different makeup than in years past

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am rooting for the Canucks, but I'd much rather have seen them play the Stars than the Hawks...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Forwards

Daniel Sedin - Art Ross Trophy Winner. 41 Goal Scorer. Top PP goal scorer. What is needed by Daniel. Consistency and a way to get through what is to come. The cheap shots, the shutdown Dmen. Daniel must now find the way to get through this.

Henrik Sedin - Reigning Hart Trophy Winner and last one to win the Art Ross. 75 assists. Like Daniel he needs to get through what is to come. they need to evolve their game even more to get through a team that has shut them down the last 2 years and gotten under their skin

Ryan Kesler - Has to produce in the playoffs. He needs to be that second line player that will get us the points and on the PP. he has to show the grit he has shown all year and keep his head in the game and on the prize.

Mikael Samelsson - Needs to produce. flat out simple. he has had a few games now since back from injury and its time for him to put up in the playoffs. has to keep his cool .

Alex Burrows - Has to produce just like the top 6. Needs to keep his composure and not dive as it wont work in the playoffs. has to produce 5 on 5 and on the PK

Mason Raymond - Just has to produce. stay away from the perimeter. has to drive to the net and get dirty. this is a big playoffs for Mason.

Raffi Torres - needs to produce like always. but has to produce over a 20 game period to 25 games to be a real factor here.

Jannik Hansen - just has to play his game.

The Defense

Alexandre Edler - just stay healthy

Christian Ehrhoff - PP is going to be big. we need him mistake free and PP productive

Dan Hamhuis - just stay healthy

Kevin Bieksa - keep his composure and mistakes to a minimum

Sami Salo - um no need to say it but I will. stay healthy and produce on the PP and PK

Keith Ballard - stay consistent.

Andrew Alberts - fill the role as needed.

Aaron Rome - keep it simple.

Jeff Tambellini - fucking score a goal to start.

Tanner Glass - be smart and tough

Christopher Higgins - need a strong post season from Chris. Need to chip in goals when it counts.

Maxim Lapierre - needs to be a smart pest and annoyance to Toews and Kane. no stupid penalties.

The Difference

Roberto Luongo - really nothing needs to be said here. stay calm, dont let bad things get to him and dont try to be the superstar. he has been his most consistent this year and mentally the strongest I have seen him. No Buff to get in his kitchen so he has a chance to get in a grove early.

Corey Schneider - needs to keep in Robertos rear view

Coach V - dont get out-fucking-coached

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I am rooting for the Canucks, but I'd much rather have seen them play the Stars than the Hawks...

Dallas was clearly afraid of playing the Nucks, which is why they tanked today's game. :nod:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Series begins Wednesday

Game Date Matchup/Result Breakdown
1 Wednesday, April 13, 10pm et Chicago at Vancouver
2 Friday, April 15, 10pm et Chicago at Vancouver
3 Sunday, April 17, 8pm et Vancouver at Chicago
4 Tuesday, April 19, 8pm et Vancouver at Chicago
*5 Thursday, April 21, 10pm et Chicago at Vancouver
*6 Sunday, April 24, 8pm et Vancouver at Chicago
*7 Tuesday, April 26, TBA Chicago at Vancouver

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas was clearly afraid of playing the Nucks, which is why they tanked today's game. :nod:

So, they didn't trade Brad Richards and now they'll probably lose him for nothing on July 1st?!?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol hows that for the CBC ... the highest paying network broadcaster for NHL hockey and they get wednesday/friday for the cdn team with the best SC playoff chances lol

no HNIC double header saturday night is just swell!