• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(1) Vancouver Canucks vs (5) Nashville Predators - Series Thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe the Canucks have ever lost a Western Conference (Campbell Conference) finals series...

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trying to jinx them, dash? :mad:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol pretty small sample size there dash

yeah it doesn't count. only been there 3 times including this one :) they have also never won a stanley cup as well. so I hope that reverses your attempted jinx

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sigh ... the piling on never stops, does it? ... Burnside

The Sedins picked up a goal (by Daniel) and an assist (by Henrik on Daniel's power-play marker), but they were nonfactors again.

the NHL must have rescinded the game winning goal by DSedin because he was too close to the net ... or he's a ginger

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it doesn't count. only been there 3 times including this one :) they have also never won a stanley cup as well. so I hope that reverses your attempted jinx

Come on guys, relax for a day or two and revel in the fact that your team is through to the Conference Finals.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats with the Bruins logo?

I've always likes the Bruins (Orr was my favourite player growing up) and those 70's teams were a lot of fun to watch. I'm rooting for a Vancouver - Boston SCF.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Sedins picked up a goal (by Daniel) and an assist (by Henrik on Daniel's power-play marker), but they were nonfactors again.

the NHL must have rescinded the game winning goal by DSedin because he was too close to the net ... or he's a ginger

Meh...Burnside is just like Damien Cox, his opinion in most cases should be ignored.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rogers arena kinda busy this next couple of weeks ... dare i say acquilini didnt expect his team to be going deep into the playoffs?

looks like round 3 will have to start Saturday then game 2 Monday

/ everyone on twitter saying game 1 is Sunday ... kinda wierd

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rogers arena kinda busy this next couple of weeks ... dare i say acquilini didnt expect his team to be going deep into the playoffs?

looks like round 3 will have to start Saturday then game 2 Monday

/ everyone on twitter saying game 1 is Sunday ... kinda wierd

I guess it depends on a game 7 for wings/sharks. Im happy with the break for this team even for Saturday its almost 5 full days and at this time of year its needed. the best part is for that 2 day scheduling on thursday and friday is that the thursday is a concert and the friday is a ice show so at least the ice will have 48 hours to rest after a concert floor is on it.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very odd potential sched for conference finals (blobmac)

First four games of BOS-TB goes Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, I am told. VAN-DET/SJ starts Sunday, looks like Wed. for G2.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always likes the Bruins (Orr was my favourite player growing up) and those 70's teams were a lot of fun to watch. I'm rooting for a Vancouver - Boston SCF.

What team logo should we expect to see under your avatar? :help:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's probably assuming it was one of those "random" goals. I can see we are going to get a lot of miles off of that comment.:tongue:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What team logo should we expect to see under your avatar? :help:

I'm keeping my current team logo through the playoffs, Boss. It is pretty neat to see Stanley Cup fever in the city that I'm working in though.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
youre a good man Hammer

Canucks? Hamhuis made time to visit special-needs friend in Nashville

NASHVILLE — There’s a long list of things to see in Music City.

The Grand Ole Opry, historic Fort Negley, the Country Music Hall of Fame, Jack’s Bar-B-Que, Tootsies — which to be honest is a little over-rated — but believe us when we tell you nowhere in those glossy magazines is there dare mention of the YMCA.

So when Vancouver Canucks defenceman Dan Hamhuis tells you he spent part of his off-day between Games 3 and 4 of the Western Conference semifinal against the Nashville Predators playing a game of pickup hoops with an old friend, you have to know there’s a story there somewhere.

And you’d be right.

Clay Butler is a local legend at the Y — but as much for his personality than his ability to sink the trey. The longtime Nashville native lives with Down syndrome and first met Hamhuis through the Best Buddies Tennessee program while the latter was a member of the Predators. So, just like he would with any other friend he hadn’t seen in a while, Hamhuis called Butler up last Wednesday to shoot some threes before sitting down for a slice of pizza to catch up and reminisce about old times.

“He’s a great guy — just the simplest things make him happy,” says Hamhuis, prior to Game 6 between the Canucks and Predators at Bridgestone Arena on Monday. “He lights up every ones world. It’s just so amazing to see him at the Y, everyone there knows him by name and he knows them. He’s certainly an inspiring person to be around.”

Best Buddies is a nationwide, non-profit organization dedicated to building one-to-one friendships for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Hamhuis first learned of the program during the 2007-08 season through Predators head coach Barry Trotz, whose 10-year-old son, Nolan, also lives with Down syndrome.

“Often, people with disabilities as young adults only have friends with disabilities and that to me isn’t right,” says Trotz. “The greatest human need is the need to feel you’re wanted or you’re useful and that’s what Best Buddies is trying to do. When you see guys like Clay, who have a best buddy like Hammer, those people just blossom. It changes their life and gives them a sense of purpose, just like you or I.”

Butler was a regular at Nashville games during Hamhuis’s time in Tennessee — although no occasion was more exciting than the time in late March when, with Hamhuis out of the lineup with a concussion, the two were able to watch the Predators and Canucks together from a suite, courtesy of the defenceman.

And like all good relationships, it goes both ways. Butler introduced the 28-year-old Smithers, B.C., native to college basketball when he took Hamhuis and his wife, Sarah, to a Vanderbilt women’s game in 2009.

“We’re friends because we’re friends, not out of charity,” stresses Hamhuis. “Maybe at first it was because I wanted to help out, but once I got to know him, hanging out is something I always look forward to and still do to this day.”

Predators captain Shea Weber and goalie Pekka Rinne are continuing what Hamhuis started with the Best Buddies program. And like anyone who has dealings with someone with special needs can attest, the return on the investment is 10-fold.

“What it does is it brings a lot of clarity to what’s important in life,” says Weber. “You think you’re giving the other person the gift, but it’s really the other way around.”

That's awesome to hear. I went to HS with Clay. Everyone loved him.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dan-and-clay.jpg

May611_dan2_biggy.jpg

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
also I just realized you nickname is in reference to both the Islanders and the Lightning. Are you a fan of both teams? or is in reference to something else entirely?

Bolts = San Diego Chargers

I could watch this clip all day.

Last edited by a moderator:

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a huge headstart that Erat had. Amazing effort.