• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Toronto Raptors vs 4) Cleveland Cavs

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that the Raptors are not nearly as good on defense yet the raptors were ranked better then them

Not saying this is true of the Cavs vs the Raps, but the playoffs are not the same as the regular season. He's right that the Cavs team has been in flux all year, you can't use the regular season ranking to truly compare the teams. And look at the Warriors, they kind of coasted, smartly, during the year to save their energy for the playoffs. They have started to turn it up and are now easily an elite defense even though the regular season metrics were not elite. They are elite on both sides of the ball (in the playoffs) and no other team is and the playoffs are all over now but the shouting.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying this is true of the Cavs vs the Raps, but the playoffs are not the same as the regular season. He's right that the Cavs team has been in flux all year, you can't use the regular season ranking to truly compare the teams. And look at the Warriors, they kind of coasted, smartly, during the year to save their energy for the playoffs. They have started to turn it up and are now easily an elite defense even though the regular season metrics were not elite. They are elite on both sides of the ball (in the playoffs) and no other team is and the playoffs are all over now but the shouting.

I can say the same thing of the Raptors. They were rolling most of the season and hit a lull near the end.

Going to be interesting to watch but I feel very confident.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that the Raptors are not nearly as good on defense yet the raptors were ranked better then them
I am just saying that in relation to the Cavs.

The Cavs are just not a team that scores inside with bigs very much- and the Raptors have some very good defensive bigs.

I think the Cavs can take advantage of Lowry and Derozan and Wright on the perimeter---- while Indiana was kind of the opposite--- extremely good perimeter defenders and kind of weaker defenders inside.

We shall see though

I think if the Cavs do win the series itll be 6 or 7 and a helluva series. I absolutely acknowledge this is the best Raptors team and this is the worst Cavs team since LeBron ahs been back.

I just think the Cavs have enough and that the last series helped mentally toughen them up and bring them together as a team....who knows though

honestly- if the Cavs swept the Ratpors or if the Raptors swept the Cavs- neither one would be absolutely shocking to me.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say the same thing of the Raptors. They were rolling most of the season and hit a lull near the end.

well, i mean, the Raptors didnt turn over half the roster in mid february-- and then suffer some major injuries.

The Cavs are experimenting with brand new lineups in the playoffs - partly because Lue is a simpleton, and party out of necessity due to the trades and injuries they dealt with.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on overall talent...the Raptors should win this.

But they may be the only team I can remember that has actually admitted to being scared of another team/player.

If they can get over that phobia, they will win the series.

I'm not convinced they can, especially if Lebron goes Lebron on them and the Cavs win one of the first 2 games.

Cavs in 6.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on overall talent...the Raptors should win this.

But they may be the only team I can remember that has actually admitted to being scared of another team/player.

If they can get over that phobia, they will win the series.

I'm not convinced they can, especially if Lebron goes Lebron on them and the Cavs win one of the first 2 games.

Cavs in 6.

I'm kinda feeling the same way...also the key...Love has to be the other scorer...he only scored 14 yesterday but the timing was crucial when LJ was on the bench.

The scary part about this series if you are puling for the CAVs...Oaldipo and Collison did pretty much what they wanted vs CLE, and Toronto presents maybe an even a tougher back court matchup.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda feeling the same way...also the key...Love has to be the other scorer...he only scored 14 yesterday but the timing was crucial when LJ was on the bench.

The scary part about this series if you are puling for the CAVs...Oaldipo and Collison did pretty much what they wanted vs CLE, and Toronto presents maybe an even a tougher back court matchup.

I agree but Oladipo did have some off games and JR did play solid defense. Oladipo was a hit or miss but overall had a damn good series. Maybe they put someone else on Derozan but it looks to be JR again. Derozan doesn’t have a 3 ball like Oladipo so that helps. And part of the reason Collison went off is bc of the Hill injury so maybe him coming back could help. Regardless, Lowry and Derozan should go off but they can’t be inconsistent like previous years.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would love to see the Raptors in the Finals. And I will avi bet you all day if it happens.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but Oladipo did have some off games and JR did play solid defense. Oladipo was a hit or miss but overall had a damn good series. Maybe they put someone else on Derozan but it looks to be JR again. Derozan doesn’t have a 3 ball like Oladipo so that helps. And part of the reason Collison went off is bc of the Hill injury so maybe him coming back could help. Regardless, Lowry and Derozan should go off but they can’t be inconsistent like previous years.

Yeah, Oladipo did have some less than great games, but when it came clear he had to be the man, JR couldn't handle him.

It could be like I said earlier about IND being the Cavs kryptonite...it might not transfer to the Toronto back court, but I think the Raptor back court is better.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors in 7. Think this one goes the distance. HCA and the bench give the Raptors the advantage in a longer series. Lebron's gonna get worn out at the rate he's going right now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Oladipo did have some less than great games, but when it came clear he had to be the man, JR couldn't handle him.

It could be like I said earlier about IND being the Cavs kryptonite...it might not transfer to the Toronto back court, but I think the Raptor back court is better.
the Toronto back court is better offensively thats for sure --- all though Oladipo is pretty darn good and Collison led the NBA in 3pt %....but the Pacers back court is a lot better defensively.

DeRozan, Lowry, Wright vs. Oladipo, Collison, Stephenson is a lot closer than you would at first suspect.

Like I said- i think this series comes down to A. The Cavs 3 pt shooting, B. Lowry and DeRozan, C. The Raptors size advantage with Valunciunas, Ibaka, Poeltl and Siakem, D. If guys like Hood, Clarkson, Nance can come through for the Cavs and at least match the Raptors bench guards and wings.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Toronto back court is better offensively thats for sure --- all though Oladipo is pretty darn good and Collison led the NBA in 3pt %....but the Pacers back court is a lot better defensively.

DeRozan, Lowry, Wright vs. Oladipo, Collison, Stephenson is a lot closer than you would at first suspect.

Like I said- i think this series comes down to A. The Cavs 3 pt shooting, B. Lowry and DeRozan, C. The Raptors size advantage with Valunciunas, Ibaka, Poeltl and Siakem, D. If guys like Hood, Clarkson, Nance can come through for the Cavs and at least match the Raptors bench guards and wings.

I think the bottomline in this series...IDT LJ can log 42+ a night and carry them 4 more times...Lue has to get some production when LJ gets rested like they did yesterday.

If they get that...CLE will move on....my number was 6....but if he's to do the same thing in this series...game 7 is not at home this time...not feeling CLE in 7.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bottomline in this series...IDT LJ can log 42+ a night and carry them 4 more times...Lue has to get some production when LJ gets rested like they did yesterday.

If they get that...CLE will move on....my number was 6....but if he's to do the same thing in this series...game 7 is not at home this time...not feeling CLE in 7.
i dunno- betting against bron in a game 7 seems perilous....especially because that cleveland team that won game 7 last night--- Jr, Love, Tristan, LeBron- have been through a LOT of playoff battles together.....If the Raptors take it to 7 the pressure and being so close to the win may be felt by them.

I feel the Raptors best chance is to finish it early in 5....i feel the longer the series goes the more Cleveland is benefited---but we shall see.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, LeBron is still the best player in the NBA.

But, They aren't making the ECF.

This is not a mojo pick.

I don't trust the Cavs supplemental pieces.

I trust them even LESS than Lowry and his overpaid, trash ass.

But, Barney turns into an actual Dinosaur this year.

Raptors in 6.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, LeBron is still the best player in the NBA.

But, They aren't making the ECF.

This is not a mojo pick.

I don't trust the Cavs supplemental pieces.

I trust them even LESS than Lowry and his overpaid, trash ass.

But, Barney turns into an actual Dinosaur this year.

Raptors in 6.

Lmaoo you really believe in the baby dinosaurs? Just wow

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmaoo you really believe in the baby dinosaurs? Just wow
No, I don't.

But, I don't believe Tristan can replicate game 7 four times, Love is a walking broken mirror just waiting for the pieces to fall apart and Hill misses every other game.

LeBron being dominant and Nance hustling is about the only thing the Cavs can hang their hat on every game.

We already saw LeCramp show up in game 7.

Dude can't keep playing 40 plus a game without adverse affects.

He will run out of gas and that will be that.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, how come we don't have the useful tool in this section?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that all the pundits have posted.......... the "legendary" LM will state the definitive prediction.................

Raps in 7.