• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Toronto Raptors vs 4) Cleveland Cavs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cavs 3 point shooting will need to come alive for them to win.
LeBron will almost always get his.
My guess is LeBron will see a variance of defenses.
I really hope he feels he needs to do it by himself.
see thats the thing--- i expect the Cavs defense to not be nearly as good this series--- but the Raptors perimeter D is just no where near the PAcers

Oladipo is a great defensive player. STephenson- when is trying which he was big time- is a helluva defense player, Corey Joseph is prob the best backup point guard in the NBA and is a pretty damn good perimeter defender.

I look at the Raptors with CJ Miles, DeRozan, Lowry, Anunby, Van Fleet and i see a MUCH better collection of offensive talent in the back court/on the wings- but dude.....none of those guys play defense except the dude Anunby and hes freaking 20 years old. I dont care if you are freaking the best athlete in history- a 20 year old trying to guard lebron is going to be a slaughter.

If the Cavs are cold from 3 itll be over quick....if they are hot from 3 it could be over equally as quick....we both agree that the Cavs 3 pt shooting is what will dictate this series.

It should be extremely interesting---- I think the CAvs will step up against a much worse perimeter defense, especially after playing 7 tough games to bring them together as a team/ help guys figure stuff out----- you think the Raptors are a better overall team and LEBron will only continue to get more worn down.

It should be very interesting to see how it goes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't know if you are the only one. There may be some other Cav homers that agree with you. Certainly no objective fan would ever agree with you.
I mean honestly though...would you really rather have Norman Powell than Clarkson? or CJ Miles over Rodney Hood? Or Siakam over Nance Jr? or Van Fleet over Hill? Poetl over Green?

Like i said- i cant argue that the Raptors arent playing better as a unit. They are. Im just saying i dont think i could make the argument if i tried that the Raptors have more talent on the bench.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets assume Hill is not healthy enough to start--- (which sucks because the Cavs dont have a real backup PG besides Calderon)

PG- LeBron
SG- Korver
SF- JR Smith
PF- Love
C- Thompson

vs.

PG- Lowry
SG- DeRozan
SF- Anunoby
PF- Ibaka
C- VAlunciunas

Bench: P. Siakam, CJ Miles, J. Poeltl, F. VanFleet, D. Wright, N. Powell

Bench: Clarkson, Nance Jr., Hood, Hill (hurt) , Green, J. Calderon

Is this Toronto bench really that good? I am honestly asking. I know they have played really well but I dunno---- believe me i KNOW the Toronto bench has played much better than the CAvs bench- but am i the only one that would MUCH rather have the Cavs bench talent wise?

I tbink you are ignoring how well the Raptors have played as a team all season.
The parts all fit together and execute.
The Cavs are still all over the road, except LeBron.
We shall see soon enough.

Regardless, win or lose, I got even money from you on a 2-1 favorite.
First time ever that James hasn’t been a favorite vs an EC team since 2010.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean honestly though...would you really rather have Norman Powell than Clarkson? or CJ Miles over Rodney Hood? Or Siakam over Nance Jr? or Van Fleet over Hill? Poetl over Green?

Like i said- i cant argue that the Raptors arent playing better as a unit. They are. Im just saying i dont think i could make the argument if i tried that the Raptors have more talent on the bench.

True

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see thats the thing--- i expect the Cavs defense to not be nearly as good this series--- but the Raptors perimeter D is just no where near the PAcers

Oladipo is a great defensive player. STephenson- when is trying which he was big time- is a helluva defense player, Corey Joseph is prob the best backup point guard in the NBA and is a pretty damn good perimeter defender.

I look at the Raptors with CJ Miles, DeRozan, Lowry, Anunby, Van Fleet and i see a MUCH better collection of offensive talent in the back court/on the wings- but dude.....none of those guys play defense except the dude Anunby and hes freaking 20 years old. I dont care if you are freaking the best athlete in history- a 20 year old trying to guard lebron is going to be a slaughter.

If the Cavs are cold from 3 itll be over quick....if they are hot from 3 it could be over equally as quick....we both agree that the Cavs 3 pt shooting is what will dictate this series.

It should be extremely interesting---- I think the CAvs will step up against a much worse perimeter defense, especially after playing 7 tough games to bring them together as a team/ help guys figure stuff out----- you think the Raptors are a better overall team and LEBron will only continue to get more worn down.

It should be very interesting to see how it goes.

Ill never say a James team can’t win a series.
I just believe this is the perfect storm for the Raptors to finally get over the hump.
I think Lowry is the key to their success, not DeRozen.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this Toronto bench really that good? I am honestly asking. I know they have played really well but I dunno---- believe me i KNOW the Toronto bench has played much better than the CAvs bench- but am i the only one that would MUCH rather have the Cavs bench talent wise?

You aren't the only one. Cavs bench is better and most knowledgeable fans would take Cavs bench over Raptors bench.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Yes it is. Been that way all year.

2) Yes you are.
i guess i dont see it.

Maybe I will.....

They do have good size off the bench in Siakam and Poetl. Nance is going to have to step up against thsoe guys.

I dunno in the back court--- i just dont see how CJ Miles, Delon Wright, Fred VanVleet and Norman Powell are anywhere near as good as Clarkson, Hill, Hood, Calderon

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this even a serious question?

The Raptors bench is the best in the NBA - by far.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if you ignore their actual performances and use some other alternative grading system, then perhaps the Cavs bench is better.

But if you use their actual performances this year then it isn't even close. The Raptors bench is the reason why they won 59 games. The Cavs bench is the reason why they were a 4 seed that went 7 games to beat the Pacers despite having the best player in the world.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess i dont see it.

Maybe I will.....

They do have good size off the bench in Siakam and Poetl. Nance is going to have to step up against thsoe guys.

I dunno in the back court--- i just dont see how CJ Miles, Delon Wright, Fred VanVleet and Norman Powell are anywhere near as good as Clarkson, Hill, Hood, Calderon

Calderon is terrible. Hill is both hurt and not nearly the player he was. Rodney Hood has potential but still hasn't put it all together and Jordan Clarkson is one of the most inconsistent players in the league.

The Raptors bench has been consistently doing EXACTLY what they were expected to do.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see todds mom is getting butthurt again cos it don't know shit

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess i dont see it.

Maybe I will.....

How many total minutes did those 4 players combined play today?
I understand Hill is injured, but its his back, and hes gotta play every 48 hours.
The others, good luck guessing who might be ok and wasting possessions trying to find out.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Brian the Tucker gettin' all butt hurt again rating posts cause it doesn't fit the gang style narrative of the NBA board.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many total minutes did those 4 players combined play today?
I understand Hill is injured, but its his back, and hes gotta play every 48 hours.
The others, good luck guessing who might be ok and wasting possessions trying to find out.

LOL.

Jordan Clarkson - 11 minutes
Rodney Hood - 7 minutes
Jose Calderon - 0 minutes.

Lebron James - 43 minutes.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah you should have watched Toronto more in the regular season lol.

Heck on Friday night, their bench is the reason why that series didn't go 7. Completely outplayed the Wizards starters

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both east games should not be on the same day in the week. Only on the weekends if anything. Stupid scheduling by the NBA if you ask me.

Not sure how good you expect ratings to be for a game that starts 6 PM EST/3 PM PST in the middle of the work week

Same way they they ratings for 10:30 start times in the middle of the work week for those West games.