• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Toronto Raptors vs 4) Cleveland Cavs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back to dogging the Heat...

guess he got tired of his "Lakers drafted scrubs" narrative...
the Lakers didnt draft scrubs--- I think Russell, Ingram and Ball will all be very solid players--- good starters in the NBA.

I just dont think any will be guys you build a franchise around- and when you have three picks in the top 2 you hope you can get 1 guy like that.

Right now- id say looking back at this draft- I would still take Ball 5th overall if it could all be re-done today...thats not bad.

The ingram draft--- shit--- i still might take Ingram 2 in that draft....that draft is so underwhelming after Simmons. Id actually probably take Jaylen Brown over Ingram, but damn is that draft brutal after Simmons......top 5 in players out of that draft right now look like Simmons of course 1, then Brown, then Ingram, then maybe Jamal Murray? Buddy Hield? Kris Dunn...positively brutal.

The DeAngelo Russel draft had some dudes.....Obviously Towns #1 still, Porzingis #2, Booker #3--those looks like your 3 stars....Myles Turner prob #4, and shit--- id prob just have to go Terry Rozier #5-- what do you think @Mecca ?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine if you would have picked Kyrie and Kawhi?

But, like Mitchell, he wasn't on anyone's radar that high.

Ditto for Jimmy Buckets.

That's why it's tough to knock teams about not taking guys when nobody saw them coming.
oh for sure.....there usually is a guy or two every draft or every other draft like a Mitchell or Kawhi that are taken in the late lotto that become big time stars.....its rare and you gotta get lucky but it happens.

Giannis is another good example of that.....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who cares what pick became #1? thats just totally luck--- by adding picks he gave himself a better chance--- the Thompson pick actually went from the 3rd spot to the 4th spot because of the jump up.

The point is- and this is what the good teams learn-- is that when you rebuild you give yourself AS MANY bullets as you possibly can- because you are gonna miss- and sometimes you are gonna miss big.

Shit- the Sixers missed huge on Noel and Okafor--- imagine if they had Porzingis and Giannis in a best-case scenario...lol....NO ONE is that good at drafting (well OKC was pretty fucking good)---- but when you give yourself enough bullets- even if you draft a Noel or Okafor or Waiters or Thompson- you still hit the bulls-eye with Kyrie or Wiggins or LeBron....

I mean- the whole reason the Heat won anything was because they got Wade--- a highly talented lotto pick that hit BIG TIME.....without Wade- and going into the high lotto the Heat wouldnt have won shit the last decade + and they wont Win ANYTHING going forward until they get another star like that

unfortunately for them they have no reasonable avenue to obtain that type of star since they have the least draft assets in the league and a terrible cap situation.

Lots of words, but it was 2.8%.
I know you don’t understand the concept of odds, but it was nothing more than hocus pocus luck.

Also, maybe find another go to move when you’re getting shredded then trying to redirect it Heat or Lakers rhetoric.

It has nothing to do with anything, nobody cares, and it just shows how petty you are.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh for sure.....there usually is a guy or two every draft or every other draft like a Mitchell or Kawhi that are taken in the late lotto that become big time stars.....its rare and you gotta get lucky but it happens.

Giannis is another good example of that.....
.......and Jokic.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Lakers didnt draft scrubs--- I think Russell, Ingram and Ball will all be very solid players--- good starters in the NBA.

I just dont think any will be guys you build a franchise around- and when you have three picks in the top 2 you hope you can get 1 guy like that.

Right now- id say looking back at this draft- I would still take Ball 5th overall if it could all be re-done today...thats not bad.

The ingram draft--- shit--- i still might take Ingram 2 in that draft....that draft is so underwhelming after Simmons. Id actually probably take Jaylen Brown over Ingram, but damn is that draft brutal after Simmons......top 5 in players out of that draft right now look like Simmons of course 1, then Brown, then Ingram, then maybe Jamal Murray? Buddy Hield? Kris Dunn...positively brutal.

The DeAngelo Russel draft had some dudes.....Obviously Towns #1 still, Porzingis #2, Booker #3--those looks like your 3 stars....Myles Turner prob #4, and shit--- id prob just have to go Terry Rozier #5-- what do you think @Mecca ?
I like Murray.

But, the top 3 would stay the same.

Well, I'd think twice about Brown.....

In hindsight, I would consider him 2nd.

Another guy that could be a beast is Prince.

I know.....big stats on a bad team...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of words, but it was 2.8%.
I know you don’t understand the concept of odds, but it was nothing more than hocus pocus luck.

Also, maybe find another go to move when you’re getting shredded then trying to redirect it Heat or Lakers rhetoric.

It has nothing to do with anything, nobody cares, and it just shows how petty you are.
you brainless fuck stick--- add 2.8% to the odds for the #3 pick......together they had just about as good of odds as ANYONE for the #1 pick...what is the difference if its the #2 slot or 3 slot, i forget what htey had- or the #8 slot that game in?

The fact is---- the Cavs did everything they could to get as many bullets as they could---- they had a bunch of other 1st rounders that were later too, Zeller, the russian dude they picked, the 1st roudner they dealt to get rid of Jack to open up space for LeBron etc.

the more bullets the better...unlike your heat who have the least draft assets in the entire league....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss
How can you say “who cares who becomes the number 1 pick”? And also say the Heat screwed up by winning a few extra games last year?

The lotto balls from the lower position could have moved the Heat higher.

#crapshoot

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you brainless fuck stick--- add 2.8% to the odds for the #3 pick......together they had just about as good of odds as ANYONE for the #1 pick...what is the difference if its the #2 slot or 3 slot, i forget what htey had- or the #8 slot that game in?

The fact is---- the Cavs did everything they could to get as many bullets as they could---- they had a bunch of other 1st rounders that were later too, Zeller, the russian dude they picked, the 1st roudner they dealt to get rid of Jack to open up space for LeBron etc.

the more bullets the better...unlike your heat who have the least draft assets in the entire league....

No fucking way.
The pick that turned into Kyrie was 2.8%.
You cant fucking mix and match.
You act like they combine the 2 picks lottery balls to improve the odds for that team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No fucking way.
The pick that turned into Kyrie was 2.8%.
You cant fucking mix and match.
You act like they combine the 2 picks lottery balls to improve the odds for that team.
those are your odds...lol...do you not understand how odds work?

the Cavs had the #2 slot and the #8 slot

together that gave them like a 23% chance at the #1 pick. The #1 slot i think has a 25% chance so they had the 2nd best odds in the lotto of landing the #1 pick.

I cannot believe you are really this stupid. lol.....holy shit man....math was not your forte huh?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss
How can you say “who cares who becomes the number 1 pick”? And also say the Heat screwed up by winning a few extra games last year?

The lotto balls from the lower position could have moved the Heat higher.

#crapshoot
just crap....

glad you got to see that extra win from your seats and got Bam!!!

would much rather see those extra 4-5 wins then save the cap space and have a better chance at a star....GENIUS. But when you have a GM that isnt gonna hang around becuase hes in his 70s and has no interest in arebuild this is what you get--- an overpriced roster with no cap flexibility for the next 2 years and the worst collection of draft assets in the NBA

Literally- there is not a team in the NBA that is worse positioned over the next 2 years to land a big time talent then Miami. The 2 ways you usually land a star? Hitting big time in the draft- or signing one in fre agency--- and when you have a terrible cap situation- and the least draft capital in the elague--- you are pretty much shit outta luck.

that 2.8% chance out of the 8 slot for the Cavs looks like a SURE thing compared to the Heats chances of landing a star in the next couple years. lol.

maybe Dan can lend you Nick Gilbert and he can make your next draft choice? :noidea:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you rather have?

Nick-Gilbert-e1400676696672.jpg

54637694.jpg

easy choice....lol.....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those are your odds...lol...do you not understand how odds work?

the Cavs had the #2 slot and the #8 slot

together that gave them like a 23% chance at the #1 pick. The #1 slot i think has a 25% chance so they had the 2nd best odds in the lotto of landing the #1 pick.

I cannot believe you are really this stupid. lol.....holy shit man....math was not your forte huh?

Some day I aspire to achieve your success.

Meanwhile, the odds dont work like that.

The Tristan pick % was 13.7
The Kyrie pick was 2.8%

Now, do you know how the lotto process works or are you just going to continue to make a fool out of yourself?

Spin it anyway you want, the Kyrie pick, which ended up jumping from 8 to 1, had a 2.8% chance to occur, not 16.5

And please dont counter with the Cavs had a 16.5%.
Of course they did, but that was HEAVILY weighted in favor of their own original pick moving up.

You’re dopey logic implies the Cavs had a better chance to jump from 8 to 1 with the Clippers pick then the Heat had to jump from 14 to 13 last summer.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that series against Tor he definitely WAS clutch. He hit some amazing game winners. While I'm on a roll telling the truth about LBJ, I will also say that he has given really good courtside interviews lately.

But I still don't like him though! :D

The funny thing, he has always been doing this LOL

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

Does it haunt you at night that your King will finish his career with more championships in a Heat jersey then a Cavs?
Is that your problem?

The energy and effort you spend worrying about the Heat is hilarious.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

Does it haunt you at night that your King will finish his career with more championships in a Heat jersey then a Cavs?
Is that your problem?

The energy and effort you spend worrying about the Heat is hilarious.
this is what i know

Sunday I get to watch LeBron James play for the Cleveland Cavaliers in the EAstern Conference Finals for the 4th year in a row.

You get to root against him sitting there feeling butt hurt after the Heats "better roster" got thrashed by the Sixers.

The Cavs 2nd best player would be the best player on the Heat. The Cavs have a draft pick that is more valuable than ALL the Heats draft picks for the next 3 years combined.

Its a helluva lot of fun to watch The King do his thing.....you remember? hey- keep enjoying Whiteside. lol......the 10 minute a game franchise player. I am sure its just as fun ;)

looks like the bet came in....thanks!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what i know

Sunday I get to watch LeBron James play for the Cleveland Cavaliers in the EAstern Conference Finals for the 4th year in a row.

You get to root against him sitting there feeling butt hurt after the Heats "better roster" got thrashed by the Sixers.

The Cavs 2nd best player would be the best player on the Heat. The Cavs have a draft pick that is more valuable than ALL the Heats draft picks for the next 3 years combined.

Its a helluva lot of fun to watch The King do his thing.....you remember? hey- keep enjoying Whiteside. lol......the 10 minute a game franchise player. I am sure its just as fun ;)

looks like the bet came in....thanks!

Really not how it works for me, because Im a fan of the game.

However, if you want to continue the sequence, yes, you’ll enjoy it and run your yap until the Warriors are whipping the Cavs ass.

Then you’ll go into hiding.
Then James will leave.
Then you’ll burn his jersey and bandwagon another team.

And, glad you’re so thrilled about having vcash.
You’ll prob never know, but you can have way more fun with the real stuff.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@WiggyRuss
Be advised that you shouldn’t watch.
We know anything Warrior scares the shit out of you

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true. Not every Cavs fan thought he was going to stick around. I know plenty of Cavs fans back home that thought he was leaving.
hence me saying EVERY OTHER :D

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I was in the gym when I watched him on the floor against Toronto tell Patrick Patterson where he was supposed to go on the play they had called out of a timeout late in the fourth quarter," Griffin said. "He was like 'no Pat, you're supposed to stand over there and set a pin down for DeMar (DeRozan) over here.'"

Ex-Cavs GM David Griffin: LeBron James Told Raptors How to Run Plays in 2017