• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Toronto Raptors vs 4) Cleveland Cavs

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice the deflection by not addressing that they made another bad choice by taking Tristan at 4?

Impossible. According to the boards chief fruit loop, he's an amazing player worth every penny.

Let's see how that works out next year...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you along with every other Cavs fan didn't think he was leaving the first time either, so there's that.

That's not true. Not every Cavs fan thought he was going to stick around. I know plenty of Cavs fans back home that thought he was leaving.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss
Please confirm or deny.
Any success that the Cavs have achieved has happened solely because of the luck of the lotto ball system.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chance to extend it to 6?
If this Cavs team wins it all, even though they have LeBron, its a major, major upset.

I doubt it.

If this Cavs team beats a healthy Warriors team....I may have to move Lebron way up my list of all timers because he'd probably have to average about 60 points, 15 rebounds and 12 assists to pull it off. lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm, she kinda got you by the balls with this one, @WiggyRuss....lol

It feels good not to root for the team with the biggest bust in draft history...

With that being said, I'd trade it all for your ring in a heartbeat.
hey- busts happen - if you pick enough in the top 5 you will get them-- but you will also get stars...well unless you are the lakers... 3 times #2 pick...no guys that you say- DAMN- this guy is a franchise cornerstone.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that series against Tor he definitely WAS clutch. He hit some amazing game winners. While I'm on a roll telling the truth about LBJ, I will also say that he has given really good courtside interviews lately.

But I still don't like him though! :D

Some of the shots he hit in that series, even the non-clutch ones were just ridiculous.

Reactions: LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey- busts happen - if you pick enough in the top 5 you will get them-- but you will also get stars...well unless you are the lakers... 3 times #2 pick...no guys that you say- DAMN- this guy is a franchise cornerstone.

You're a moron.

Lonzo has half a season under his belt and Ingram is steadily improving each season as expected.

They can't all be an Anthony Bennett

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a constant debate on our other board.

They took the wrong Thompson.

Amongst several others.
Obviously its all hindsight, but he’s acting like Gilbert traded for Davis to get Kyrie, which is total nonsense.
Cavs were HOPING for top 10, and if they didn’t get 1 prob would have fucked up that pick also.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a constant debate on our other board.

They took the wrong Thompson.
bviously they did

at least they took Kyrie at the top

there was a lot of talk in Cleveland of taking Williams #1 and Knight #4 at the time since some people were scared of Kyrie's injuries.

I always wanted Kyrie. you take the biggest talent.

You def. dont hit on all your lotto picks- but thank goodness they tanked

imagine if you were a team like Miami and you could have had Mitchell or Markenen but end up with Bam becuase you just HAD to win an extra 3-4 games in the regular season.

What a waste.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the Lakers have Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma that finished off promising rookie campaigns respectively. Also, Ingram is continuing to improve and very well could be an all star down the road.

Haven't you heard, no NBA players ever improve from their rookie year unless they play for the Cavs. That's why the Cavs have so many championships.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amongst several others.
Obviously its all hindsight, but he’s acting like Gilbert traded for Davis to get Kyrie, which is total nonsense.
Cavs were HOPING for top 10, and if they didn’t get 1 prob would have fucked up that pick also.
who cares what pick became #1? thats just totally luck--- by adding picks he gave himself a better chance--- the Thompson pick actually went from the 3rd spot to the 4th spot because of the jump up.

The point is- and this is what the good teams learn-- is that when you rebuild you give yourself AS MANY bullets as you possibly can- because you are gonna miss- and sometimes you are gonna miss big.

Shit- the Sixers missed huge on Noel and Okafor--- imagine if they had Porzingis and Giannis in a best-case scenario...lol....NO ONE is that good at drafting (well OKC was pretty fucking good)---- but when you give yourself enough bullets- even if you draft a Noel or Okafor or Waiters or Thompson- you still hit the bulls-eye with Kyrie or Wiggins or LeBron....

I mean- the whole reason the Heat won anything was because they got Wade--- a highly talented lotto pick that hit BIG TIME.....without Wade- and going into the high lotto the Heat wouldnt have won shit the last decade + and they wont Win ANYTHING going forward until they get another star like that

unfortunately for them they have no reasonable avenue to obtain that type of star since they have the least draft assets in the league and a terrible cap situation.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bviously they did

there was a lot of talk in Cleveland of taking Williams #1 and Knight #4 at the time since some people were scared of Kyrie's injuries.

imagine if you were a team like Miami and you could have had Mitchell or Markenen but end up with Bam becuase you just HAD to win an extra 3-4 games in the regular season.

What a waste.
If I remember correctly, you tried to get another first rounder to take Klay too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't you heard, no NBA players ever improve from their rookie year unless they play for the Cavs. That's why the Cavs have so many championships.
players improve all the time- but as i said--- usually when you have a star you know it pretty quick- a la Tatum, Simmons, Mitchell.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bviously they did

What a waste.

back to dogging the Heat...

guess he got tired of his "Lakers drafted scrubs" narrative...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly, you tried to get another first rounder to take Klay too.
they tried to trade back up and grab klay but didnt pull it off. I thought they would take him at 4 to be honest but they wanted a big man--- what a waste--- you take the best talent in the lotto screw position. they didnt want to wait on valunciunas is either

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they tried to trade back up and grab klay but didnt pull it off. I thought they would take him at 4 to be honest but they wanted a big man--- what a waste--- you take the best talent in the lotto screw position. they didnt want to wait on valunciunas is either
Could you imagine if you would have picked Kyrie and Kawhi?

But, like Mitchell, he wasn't on anyone's radar that high.

Ditto for Jimmy Buckets.

That's why it's tough to knock teams about not taking guys when nobody saw them coming.