• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#1 Pens vs. #7 Sens---2nd round series thread

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I hear/read that word this is the first thing I think of

gollum_and_ring.jpg

:lol:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever...we all know Gary wants his precious Sidney in the Finals

I'm not even sure that's it.

The refs have seemed to have it in for the Sens for the last 2-3 years. I just don't get it.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game five in Da Burgh

I put 500 vcash on the Sens tonight. I thought for sure the Pens would still be gut shot from the deflating game 3 loss.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letang becomes the Pens third defenseman to record four assists in a playoff game (Coffey, Murphy)

His new contract is going to be ridiculous:(

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Disco Dan can actually close out a series at home. I would, of course, prefer he does.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sens completely stopped playing for a few stretches there and the Pens certainly made them pay.

I haven't seen Ottawa stand around like this all year. I think many of their young players and freezing under the pressure.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we please all just agree that the refs are incompetent (and the Walkom thing is weird), but that there is no conflabbant conspiracy to have the Pens in the Finals. I agree certain players get calls, but don't pretend those guys don't work for it. TYLER KENNEDY has been the Pens biggest drawer of penalties this postseason, because he's fast. I agree that they need to work on a way to review refs and make them accountable, but when you start with conspiracy theories you discount the work of the team, which is annoying.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we please all just agree that the refs are incompetent (and the Walkom thing is weird), but that there is no conflabbant conspiracy to have the Pens in the Finals. I agree certain players get calls, but don't pretend those guys don't work for it. TYLER KENNEDY has been the Pens biggest drawer of penalties this postseason, because he's fast. I agree that they need to work on a way to review refs and make them accountable, but when you start with conspiracy theories you discount the work of the team, which is annoying.

Ya know that is easy to say Pix when your team is the one that seems to "get the breaks"

There is certainly a bias to certain players and also a bias against certain players.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know that is easy to say Pix when your team is the one that seems to "get the breaks"

There is certainly a bias to certain players and also a bias against certain players.

I know, it is. But I can honestly say I've never thought league conspiracies have existed...except in the NBA. That's just a shi* show.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW in the end though for tonights game the Pens was the better team. The Sens looked like a AHL team so I guess it dont matter much.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, it is. But I can honestly say I've never thought league conspiracies have existed...except in the NBA. That's just a shi* show.

I tend to disagree to some extent. We all know Sid is the face of the NHL and Buttman would like nothing more then to have him in the finals.

Does he call down to the refs and tell em the fix is in?? Negative.

The problem is the refs allowed the Pens to get away with stuff early on that the Sens did not get away with. That really is the bottom line which of course starts the conversation we are having.

I just wish the refs either called everything or nothing.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming into tonight's game, the Sens are the most penalized team in the PO's so far, while the Pens are 3rd.

The Bruins are #5, so I think the refs need to learn how to throw games better.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to disagree to some extent. We all know Sid is the face of the NHL and Buttman would like nothing more then to have him in the finals.

Does he call down to the refs and tell em the fix is in?? Negative.

The problem is the refs allowed the Pens to get away with stuff early on that the Sens did not get away with. That really is the bottom line which of course starts the conversation we are having.

I just wish the refs either called everything or nothing.

The Pens, the team that haven't made it this far in three years...

I'm sure that Bettman would like it. He wants to sell the league, there's a way of doing it. But he's not pulling the strings. The teams are winning the games. That's why it annoys me when people pull this stuff out because they act like the team wasn't a part of winning the game.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming into tonight's game, the Sens are the most penalized team in the PO's so far, while the Pens are 3rd.

The Bruins are #5, so I think the refs need to learn how to throw games better.

Stats on this is crap.

Take tonights game for instance. The box score shows the Pens with 5 PP's and the Sens with 4.

Unforgettably for the Sens 2 or 3 of those PP's came when the score was 5 or 6 to 2.

Otherwise the game should have shown a 5 to 2 PP advantage. That is why I dont put much stock in the stats.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens, the team that haven't made it this far in three years...

I'm sure that Bettman would like it. He wants to sell the league, there's a way of doing it. But he's not pulling the strings. The teams are winning the games. That's why it annoys me when people pull this stuff out because they act like the team wasn't a part of winning the game.

I hope you have seen my posts.

Although the officiating tonight was crap (which BTW seems to be the norm in all games) that was not the reason the Pens completely dominated the Sens.

Pens was the better team tonight by far.