• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#1 Pens vs. #7 Sens---2nd round series thread

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats on this is crap.

Take tonights game for instance. The box score shows the Pens with 5 PP's and the Sens with 4.

Unforgettably for the Sens 2 or 3 of those PP's came when the score was 5 or 6 to 2.

Otherwise the game should have shown a 5 to 2 PP advantage. That is why I dont put much stock in the stats.

To be fair, if the Sens scored on all 4 of their oppurtunitues, the game would have been very different indeed.

Doesn't matter when a penalty is called, the other team still gets a chance to get a PP goal on it.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, if the Sens scored on all 4 of their oppurtunitues, the game would have been very different indeed.

Doesn't matter when a penalty is called, the other team still gets a chance to get a PP goal on it.

Cmon IPW. When a team is down by 4 or 5 goals everyone on both teams know it is over.

So lets say the Sens scored on the last 2 PP's they had...the score would be 7-4 versus 7-2.

Anyways. I dont wanna argue. Pens was the better team but the refs sucked house as well and it for sure favored the Pens tonight. Would it have mattered if the Sens got the calls? I dunno. Pens sure looked solid so I tend to think not.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

REPORTED TO THE IRS!

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon IPW. When a team is down by 4 or 5 goals everyone on both teams know it is over.

So ALL the Sens PP chances came when the score was 6 - 2 or 7 - 2?

The Sens had the only PP chance in the 2nd Period when the score was only 3 - 2 Pens.

If they get a PP goal, it's now 3-3, and we have ourselves a whole new game.

Besides, the Sens are now 2-14 on the PP in the series. 2-3 PP goals at the right moments, and this series could be tied up?

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ALL the Sens PP chances came when the score was 6 - 2 or 7 - 2?

The Sens had the only PP chance in the 2nd Period when the score was only 3 - 2 Pens.

If they get a PP goal, it's now 3-3, and we have ourselves a whole new game.

Besides, the Sens are now 2-14 on the PP in the series. 2-3 PP goals at the right moments, and this series could be tied up?

You win. Everything I said is wrong.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You win. Everything I said it wrong.

lol, it's not about winning anything. I just hate when people automatically think the refs are screwing teams over or that there is some hidden agenda.

No team can say they haven't been screwed or benefited by a bad call by the refs.

People only want to harp on the bad calls that cost their team, just like how athletes thank God for a win, but never blame him for a loss. (well, except Stevie Johnson...he's a pioneer.)

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wooooo!

There's the Pens we've been waiting for. Amazing puck possession, consistent pressure. I thought the first period was actually their best, but Anderson stood tall. In the third though, they started burying those chances.

And my losing playoff streak is over!

Also, credit to the Sens fans. I saw the worst of them when I attended the 6-1 drubbing they put on Montreal, but there were a lot of rowdy rude Habs fans that night. Much smaller Pens crowd this evening, and things were pretty amicable (except for a douchebag who was in my face walking to the parking lots...). The standing ovation at the end was a nice touch as well.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read through this thread. Why do some of you even follow hockey? There will be bad calls, get over it.

And for all the whining, what were the powerplay opportunities when the game was still in reach? 3 opportunities to 2 Calls are bad for both teams - that Cooke "slash" was about as soft as it gets.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
haven't read the thread, but has it been mentioned that Alfie asked the linesman for the puck after the game?
could have been his last game in Ottawa.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haven't read the thread, but has it been mentioned that Alfie asked the linesman for the puck after the game?

He was asked if the Sens could beat the Pens in three straight...he said no.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen on Twitter:
'Ottawa has as much chance of seeing the ECF as you had seeing a Penguins fan before 2008'

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also seen on Twitter:
'Alfie's new job post retirement: Motivational speaker'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen on Twitter:
'Ottawa has as much chance of seeing the ECF as you had seeing a Penguins fan before 2008'

The scientist in me cringes. What are the experimental conditions? Location, method of identification, further relevant demographics? :nerd:

EDIT: And since you may not know this about me, the scientist in me is, well, most of me.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read through this thread. Why do some of you even follow hockey? There will be bad calls, get over it.

(1) Because most of the games are called well and most of the time it's not an issue.
(2) Because it's okay to bitch about the refs sometimes as long as it's not your agenda all the time.
(3) It's sure easier to not bitch about the refs when your team has won multiple Stanley Cups and appears poised for more.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1) Because most of the games are called well and most of the time it's not an issue.
(2) Because it's okay to bitch about the refs sometimes as long as it's not your agenda all the time.
(3) It's sure easier to not bitch about the refs when your team has won multiple Stanley Cups and appears poised for more.

That's my issue right there.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was asked if the Sens could beat the Pens in three straight...he said no.

Here is the whole quote... Alfie backtracked just a bit after he realized what he said:

But Alfredsson also conceded that the Senators faced long odds of rallying against the top-seeded Penguins.

"Probably not," Alfredsson said, according to NHL.com. "[Pittsburgh's] depth and our play right now … it doesn't look too good.

"When you look at what we did, it wasn't good enough. Does that mean [Pittsburgh] was good? Did we make them good? Who really cares? From our point of view, we didn't manage the puck [well], we didn't execute our passes, and subsequently, we got punished in the neutral zone. We turned way too many pucks over and gave them some freebies. It would have been nice to have the lead for a little bit longer, but now we're back on our heels again. We didn't shut them down when it matters."

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that kind of puzzles me about the Pens first goal. The box score shows that Neal's first period goal was unassisted, but I'm almost certain I remember seeing Iginla win the face off that lead to Neal unleashing the wrister that beat Anderson. I don't get it? How is that considered unassisted? :noidea: