• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(1) New York Rangers vs. (6) New Jersey Devils Revenge of 1994 ECF series thread

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not see Tortorella in the handshake line.

Someone prove me wrong before I go off on a rampage about that fucking idiot.

I believe he shook Deboers hand pat him on the shoulder and fled the scene but I could be wrong.Did any of you catch the presser with Parise Marty and henrique after the game.Marty had me LMAO for a while it looked like he was playing angry birds and towards the end he was making faces

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Del Zotto was on the ice for 8 of the Devils' goals, including all 4 winners.
maybe NYR brass will banish him to Vancouver for a bag of pucks and a set of Darren Langdon's underwear?

I'm definitely not a fan of his. I know he's good offensively, but he's just way too soft in the defensive zone.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey rangersreds congrats on a great season kreider is going to be a beast.Just curious do you think the style of play torts had you playing hurt in the end?I was thinking all the shot blocking in front maybe kept lundy from staying sharp. I also think torts is a distraction and disruptive to his team.your thoughts?

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey rangersreds congrats on a great season kreider is going to be a beast.Just curious do you think the style of play torts had you playing hurt in the end?I was thinking all the shot blocking in front maybe kept lundy from staying sharp. I also think torts is a distraction and disruptive to his team.your thoughts?

Thanks, I'm not overly disappointed. Before the season started I was hoping for 4th seed and an ECF run. After the regular season they had I thought they could go farther. But I do realize our record was probably better than the team actually was.

But to answer your questions, I've always thought that Lundy plays better when he's busier. I don't know if it was necessarily the system or the lack of rolling four lines and playing down a Dman. I would like them to try to incorporate more offense to their system next year. I've never really gotten the feeling that the team doesn't like Torts. They all seem to like how he approaches things. Certain guys (Del Zotto) don't seem to enjoy it but overall I think his personality seems to fit with this group. The playing times was the only decision of his I didn't like. I can't wait to see Kreider develop more as well as many of our young guys.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look out for the Sabres in oh..about one hundred years. :love:

Edit: I have a LOT more confidence in the Bills than I do the Sabres.

Last edited by a moderator:

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The issue with torts is he is like Keenan in that he has a short "self life". He is an excellent hockey mind and has demonstarted he he make a team more successful quickly like Mike. Also like Mike his abrasive personality is only tolerated as long as he is moving up, the slightest crack and mangement, players and public turn on him

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he shook Deboers hand pat him on the shoulder and fled the scene but I could be wrong.Did any of you catch the presser with Parise Marty and henrique after the game.Marty had me LMAO for a while it looked like he was playing angry birds and towards the end he was making faces

yes. He walked over to the Devils bench, shook hands with PDB and blew off the line. He was less of a dick than usual in the press conference

Bone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to my NJD friends and good luck in the SCF. I hope the Devils represent the East!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats fags

Thank me later :pound:

ron-duguay-poster.jpg