• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors vs. 8) Los Angeles Clippers

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD got no self control. I feel like it's always a give and take with KD. People called him a bitch for his days in OKC because they said he didn't have a killer mentality. He has it now, but I do agree with you it's at an extreme level.

I just don't get why now he is a shit-talker and hard ass and he never was like that before. I have never doubted his basketball skills, he just seems fake at times. Draymond has always been and always will be a shit-talker, it's who he is just seems KD isn't this guy but he is acting like he wants to be this guy imo.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure most.....no way Klay just got beat. If it wasn't a screen, he was probably supposed to let the guy blow by him for inside help.

I know you're joking, but there is a real thing called funneling to help and it's schematic depending on the matchup. But yeah...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD got no self control. I feel like it's always a give and take with KD. People called him a bitch for his days in OKC because they said he didn't have a killer mentality. He has it now, but I do agree with you it's at an extreme level.
Yeah.....seems like he just wants to show everyone he has that mentality. If he leaves this would be why. Just wants to show he can be the reason a team wins a title (though I think he has).

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get why now he is a shit-talker and hard ass and he never was like that before. I have never doubted his basketball skills, he just seems fake at times. Draymond has always been and always will be a shit-talker, it's who he is just seems KD isn't this guy but he is acting like he wants to be this guy imo.

Once he became the "bad guy" by joining the Warriors, he went all the way heel. And honestly who better to help him embrace that than Draymond. I'm sure if Draymond wasn't here, you wouldn't see nearly the level KD shit talks, but at the same time, you wouldn't see the same version of KD we're seeing right now. He was admittedly self conscious once he made the move to the Warriors and initially had buyers remorse over signing. But once Draymond (and others) helped him embrace it, I believe it's really the only way he could have survived.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably just got sick of hearing he can't be that guy. which, if he leaves, would be the reason why. Care too much what others say.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you care to get in a perceived dis.

Klay was abused on the play in question.

does it make him a bad defender? Of course not. But he was turned around like a pretzel.
Absolutely he was. I just see an opening every time you try to convince us Klay is not an excellent defender.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're joking, but there is a real thing called funneling to help and it's schematic depending on the matchup. But yeah...
Pretty much joking, but seems to be an excuse for Klay any time his man scores. And, sure, often there should be but happens more than "often".

Has to be a reason really none of the defensive metrics likes him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely he was. I just see an opening every time you try to convince us Klay is not an excellent defender.
so you acknowledge he was abused on the play but I am wrong for saying excuses come out every time for him?

If he was abused, I was right in my comment....the OP doesn't think Cousins can defend and wants to pass the buck for Klay.

On that Klay (which was all we were talking about) he was not an excellent defender. Not even close.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you acknowledge he was abused on the play but I am wrong for saying excuses come out every time for him?

If he was abused, I was right in my comment....the OP doesn't think Cousins can defend and wants to pass the buck for Klay.
That's correct, you are wrong for saying that

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much joking, but seems to be an excuse for Klay any time his man scores. And, sure, often there should be but happens more than "often".

It's inflated because of who he guards on a nightly basis. There's never an off-night for him. If the Warriors play the Raptors he doesn't guard Danny Green, he guards Kyle Lowry. If he plays the Thunder he doesn't guard Terrance Ferguson, he guards Russ. If they're playing the Hornets he doesn't guard Dwayne Bacon, he guards Kemba Walker.

All of this is a factor as to why his defensive metrics are inflated. He doesn't get the "off" games that some other players do.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Similarly, there has to be a reason why every coach and basketball analyst thinks he is great.

This play counts against Klay in the metrics, not Boogie. Boogie wasn't even in the picture.

But Klay forced his man where he was supposed to and the help he was counting on wasn't there.

And yes. You do need help in a ball screen. Prime Michael Jordan couldn't defend a good ball handler like Lou williams off a ball screen with no support from the screener's defender.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's inflated because of who he guards on a nightly basis. There's never an off-night for him. If the Warriors play the Raptors he doesn't guard Danny Green, he guards Kyle Lowry. If he plays the Thunder he doesn't guard Terrance Ferguson, he guards Russ. If they're playing the Hornets he doesn't guard Dwayne Bacon, he guards Kemba Walker.

All of this is a factor as to why his defensive metrics are inflated. He doesn't get the "off" games that some other players do.
agreed, but he is very bad....... well below guys many consider to be poor defenders.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed, but he is very bad....... well below guys many consider to be poor defenders.

There's a thing in statistic's called "outliers". If nearly everyone around the NBA, including front office personnel, media, players, etc, consider Klay to be a great defender, isn't it possible he might be an outlier in the metrics?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similarly, there has to be a reason why every coach and basketball analyst thinks he is great.

This play counts against Klay in the metrics, not Boogie. Boogie wasn't even in the picture.

But Klay forced his man where he was supposed to and the help he was counting on wasn't there.

And yes. You do need help in a ball screen. Prime Michael Jordan couldn't defend a good ball handler like Lou williams off a ball screen with no support from the screener's defender.
He got turned around like a pretzel. He wanted to get beat by a crossover? That's what you are going with? Oh my.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though you agreed. Weird.
Don't be silly, you're doing the same thing you did when you claimed Wamu preferred Klay to AD. We don't fall for that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a thing in statistic's called "outliers". If nearly everyone around the NBA, including front office personnel, media, players, etc, consider Klay to be a great defender, isn't it possible he might be an outlier in the metrics?
Of course it's possible. But I have heard some say he is an overrated defender (and not just because of the stats. They don't say he's a bad defender, but not elite.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be silly, you're doing the same thing you did when you claimed Wamu preferred Klay to AD. We don't fall for that.
Not at all, and like Wamu I say this knowing it's not in you to admit you are wrong. Like he didn't at that time....but argue The Poster Not the Post Guy did come to his rescue with a lifeline.

After the breakdown of the play, I said it boils down to him liking Klay as a defender and not Boogie and that's why he puts the onus on Boogie.

And seems you agree Klay was beat on the play, as well.

I look forward to your deflection/back track

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all, and like Wamu I say this knowing it's not in you to admit you are wrong. Like he didn't at that time....but argue The Poster Not the Post Guy did come to his rescue with a lifeline.

After the breakdown of the play, I said it boils down to him liking Klay as a defender and not Boogie and that's why he puts the onus on Boogie.

And seems you agree Klay was beat on the play, as well.

I look forward to your deflection/back track
Well, you're still doing it as I admitted error to you the first time you talked to me. You're the one who doesn't admit error, not me. You also keep typing wrong things no matter how obviously wrong they are, like in this instance.

I'd explain again why you are wrong here but this is more fun for now.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it's possible. But I have heard some say he is an overrated defender (and not just because of the stats. They don't say he's a bad defender, but not elite.
It's a matter of opinion of course, and there are surely others that agree with you. There are just so many more that agree with us. Especially professional basketball people