• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors vs. 8) Los Angeles Clippers

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are nothing if not fair.
He is, but this also reflects his confidence that Klay is an excellent defender. Even those get beat sometimes.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is, but this also reflects his confidence that Klay is an excellent defender. Even those get beat sometimes.
I've been hearing Klay is tasked with guarding a team's top perimeter player. Seems many have been having their way with GS lately. Though I only say this through box scores as I had not seen most of the games.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a solid defender. Not sure anyone's ever said otherwise.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hearing Klay is tasked with guarding a team's top perimeter player. Seems many have been having their way with GS lately. Though I only say this through box scores as I had not seen most of the games.

In basketball, probably more so than any sport, good offense always beats good defense. Lou Williams is one of the most prolific scorers in all of basketball. But also Lou comes off the bench, so a good amount of his time took place with Klay off the court. I'm just going by the breakdown of the play by play but here's the breakdown by quarter of Lou's Scoring:

1st Quarter
Lou and Klay together: 2 (1-1)
Klay off court: 5 (2-4)
Total Minutes shared approx: 1:30

2nd Quarter:
Lou and Klay Together: 8 (4-8)
Total Minutes shared approx: 9:30

3rd Quarter:
Lou and Klay together: 0 (0-0)
Klay off court: 8 (3-6)
Total minutes shared approx: 2:30

4th Quarter:
Lou and Klay together: 2 (1-2)
Total minutes shared approx: 9:00

From here we absolutely know that 13 of Lou's 25 came with Klay off the court.

Basically what we do know is that in 22:30 minutes Lou scored 12 points with Klay on the court at the same time as him. I wouldn't exactly call that torching him...would you?

Los Angeles Clippers at Golden State Warriors Play-By-Play, April 13, 2019 | Basketball-Reference.com

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you watch the play @CitySushi posted though?

Yes, Williams scored. Yes he made a great move to beat Klay and I am sure Klay would say he should have guarded it better.

But, 2 things jump out:

1) boogie's man was setting a ball screen. When Klay felt it, he jumped to the side of the screen forcing Williams back the other way. It looked like Klay was trying to "ICE" the screen by not letting Williams use it and forcing him back to the big help. If they were going "ICE", Boogie should have been in the exact spot where Williams pulled up from to contest, or more likely prevent the shot.

2) Boogie was pretty low under the screen, but on the opposite side of where he should have been to run "ICE". He was also too low to hedge. Boogie's position would have been OK if Klay were going under the screen, but you don't go under on a Lou Williams ball screen.

In other words, Boogie was definitely out of position no matter what the coverage was. Klay might have been wrong too. But, the only logical reason I can think of for Klay to jump to the screener's side is if they were running "ICE", which forces the ballhandler to reject the screen. And Boogie was way out of position if that was the case. If they were running "ICE", Klay got beat, but he at least did the most important part of his job before getting beat.

It takes 3 players to effectively defend a ball screen. Nobody can do it alone. And it looks like Boogie was probably more at fault there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In basketball, probably more so than any sport, good offense always beats good defense. Lou Williams is one of the most prolific scorers in all of basketball. But also Lou comes off the bench, so a good amount of his time took place with Klay off the court. I'm just going by the breakdown of the play by play but here's the breakdown by quarter of Lou's Scoring:

1st Quarter

2nd Quarter:

3rd Quarter:

4th Quarter:

Basically what we do know is that in 22:30 minutes Lou scored 12 points with Klay on the court at the same time as him. I wouldn't exactly call that torching him...would you?

Los Angeles Clippers at Golden State Warriors Play-By-Play, April 13, 2019 | Basketball-Reference.com

Klay sucks and wants to lick Lebron's nuts. The quicker you admit this the quicker we can move on from this topic

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, Williams scored. Yes he made a great move to beat Klay and I am sure Klay would say he should have guarded it better.

But, 2 things jump out:

1) boogie's man was setting a ball screen. When Klay felt it, he jumped to the side of the screen forcing Williams back the other way. It looked like Klay was trying to "ICE" the screen by not letting Williams use it and forcing him back to the big help. If they were going "ICE", Boogie should have been in the exact spot where Williams pulled up from to contest, or more likely prevent the shot.

2) Boogie was pretty low under the screen, but on the opposite side of where he should have been to run "ICE". He was also too low to hedge. Boogie's position would have been OK if Klay were going under the screen, but you don't go under on a Lou Williams ball screen.

In other words, Boogie was definitely out of position no matter what the coverage was. Klay might have been wrong too. But, the only logical reason I can think of for Klay to jump to the screener's side is if they were running "ICE", which forces the ballhandler to reject the screen. And Boogie was way out of position if that was the case. If they were running "ICE", Klay got beat, but he at least did the most important part of his job before getting beat.

It takes 3 players to effectively defend a ball screen. Nobody can do it alone. And it looks like Boogie was probably more at fault there.

I saw this too, but I didn't want to point it out for cherry picking the play, lol.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, 2 things jump out:

This is stupid. Muh boxscore is a better way to evaluate defense.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and additionally

In 22:30 sharing the court with Klay, Lou got up 11 shots.

In the 9 other minutes Lou played, he got up 10 shots.

That might also have something to do with the shot availability for Lou based on who is guarding him.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay sucks and wants to lick Lebron's nuts. The quicker you admit this the quicker we can move on from this topic
Bro, LeBron is texting Klay every day hoping to get hooked up with his IG leftovers

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, 2 things jump out:

Sorry, but to me it says you like Klay as a defender and don't like Boogie.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's about what we'd expect you to take away from a detailed description of a play

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1st Quarter

2nd Quarter:

3rd Quarter:

4th Quarter:

Not sure I said he torched him. But I also wouldn't call 6-11 shooting being stopped by him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, LeBron is texting Klay every day hoping to get hooked up with his IG leftovers

He is married. Has been for a long time. He doesn't need IG skanks, cmon man. Tiger and Klay can keep plugging them

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as long as we ignore defensive metrics.
Nah, just gotta ignore the opinion of every person in the NBA who understands the game far better than we do

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lou was sliding past Boogie every time. He definitely wasn't getting in the right position and when he was Lou just made a nice shot or found a way to score

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I said he torched him. But I also wouldn't call 6-11 shooting being stopped by him.

Stopping him isn't always just about percentage...it's volume. Like I said in my other post Lou got up 11 attempts against Klay in 22:30 minutes, or about 1 shot ever 2 minutes. In the 9 minutes he played without Klay on the floor, Lou got up 10 shots, or over 1 shot every minute.

Part of playing defense, is not allowing a shot to be taken at all, rather than simply defending one taken.