• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors (73-9) vs 8) Houston Rockets (41-41)

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he won't even be re-evaluated until 2 weeks from today?

If you take the Warriors at their word on that... that means they wouldn't even evaluate him until around Game 5 of the 2nd round or so.

Warriors might have to beat Clippers without Curry. I think they can do it... but it should be a very competitive series.

Reactions: LAD

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is minimum of 2 weeks.
Then he gets re-evaluated.
Sounds more like the Western Conference 2nd round is being played without him.

Chris Paul should have no more excuses about getting to the Conference Finals.
Although Damian Lillard would be a pain in the ass for the Warriors backcourt defensive rotations as well.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounding like Curry won't be available at all in the semi's. His best shot at a return would be in the conference finals. Even if he gets a favorable diagnosis after game 5, he won't be in any sort of game shape to play or really make a huge difference.

I'd give the Warriors an outside shot at beating the Clips, but it would be incredibly hard to match up with them with Steph out. This is definitely LAC best shot at getting past the Warriors.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he won't even be re-evaluated until 2 weeks from today?

If you take the Warriors at their word on that... that means they wouldn't even evaluate him until around Game 5 of the 2nd round or so.

Warriors might have to beat Clippers without Curry. I think they can do it... but it should be a very competitive series.

No reason why the Warriors should not be tied 2-2 at that point.

Reactions: LAD

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Rockets are bad... but honestly the Warriors need to be careful about not looking past them at this point.

The dynamic of knowing Curry's not coming back this series could have an effect on the rest of the Warriors players. Hopefully its a positive effect.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Carly Lloyd was also diagnosed with a level 1 MCL sprain today. Her timeline is 3-6 weeks.

Some are saying that this 2 week timeline with Curry is aggressive and the best-case scenario.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point by Stein. The injury was a complete fluke that likely had nothing to do with the rest of Curry's season.

If Curry is unable to come back as soon as they're hoping... at least they've accomplished something great. Something more rare even than a title repeat. I think they would've ended up regretting giving up the record for rest only to have a fluke injury happen.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is minimum of 2 weeks.
Then he gets re-evaluated.
Sounds more like the Western Conference 2nd round is being played without him.

Chris Paul should have no more excuses about getting to the Conference Finals.
Although Damian Lillard would be a pain in the ass for the Warriors backcourt defensive rotations as well.
I bet he misses the whole Clippers series- and after that- he will play but not be 100% against the Spurs/OKC Winner.

The issue in my mind is this- last year I saw Kyrie Irving limp through a conference semi's and a conference Finals against Chicago and Atlanta....he started with an ankle injury, then it progressed to the opposite leg and his knee started acting up - and then he seriously hurt his knee.

If Curry is playing with cumulative knee and ankle issues and never has the time to fully get to 100% he has a chance to really hurt himself like Kyrie did----- of course he should play- its the playoffs- its just something to consider.

Can the Warriors go through the Clippers/SAS or OKC/ and Cleveland with a not 100% Curry? yah probably...but there margin of error which was once pretty large has shrunk a little. Being a young guy with a great training staff Curry hopefully will get back as soon as he is possibly able to.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks Dub Nation

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This what makes you or break you.

The fan in me is kind of excited to see what Klay does with Steph being out. He's going to be a focal part of the defense game planning against him, so it'll really be interesting to see how he does.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he misses the whole Clippers series- and after that- he will play but not be 100% against the Spurs/OKC Winner.

The issue in my mind is this- last year I saw Kyrie Irving limp through a conference semi's and a conference Finals against Chicago and Atlanta....he started with an ankle injury, then it progressed to the opposite leg and his knee started acting up - and then he seriously hurt his knee.

If Curry is playing with cumulative knee and ankle issues and never has the time to fully get to 100% he has a chance to really hurt himself like Kyrie did----- of course he should play- its the playoffs- its just something to consider.

Can the Warriors go through the Clippers/SAS or OKC/ and Cleveland with a not 100% Curry? yah probably...but there margin of error which was once pretty large has shrunk a little. Being a young guy with a great training staff Curry hopefully will get back as soon as he is possibly able to.

They are not getting passed the Spurs if Steph can't go.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fan in me is kind of excited to see what Klay does with Steph being out. He's going to be a focal part of the defense game planning against him, so it'll really be interesting to see how he does.

Time for Barnes to earn his money.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is only 2 weeks Steph SHOULD be able to go by a hypothetical Spurs series. It seems likely he will play in a potential Spurs series- just that its unlikely he would be 100%- from how i have interpreted and understand the situation anyway.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steph will be fine for that series. 85%-90% Steph is better than most of the league. 2nd round doesn't start until next week and conference finals doesn't start until the end of May. He will be good for WCF. Issue is getting past the Clippers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for Barnes to earn his money.
this is true. Green is a good matchup though against Barnes--- guys are actually REALLY ismilar in a lot of ways if you ask me- their hype, perceived lack of maximizing their talent etc...

i saw Lance Steph went off against the Spurs....

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many fist pumps did you do before writing this condolence?

:lol:

None.

I'm a Curry fan.

I'm not sure why this benefits the Clippers.

Is it a 2 for 1 special?

Does Kawhi have to sit out too?

Plus, let's keep it one hundred....

Clippers beating a Curry-less Warriors is 50/50 at best.