• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors (73-9) vs 8) Houston Rockets (41-41)

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are not victims of the refs. I've seen plenty of games of other teams to know that other teams get shitty reffed games as well.
Well I'm not here to discuss the other teams- as I'm sure the Warriors aren't the only team affected, however it doesn't mean they're NOT affected.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm not here to discuss the other teams- as I'm sure the Warriors aren't the only team affected, however it doesn't mean they're NOT affected.

I just think it's a cop out to blame refs. One call can affect the outcome, but it doesn't mean that the outcome should have come down to that one play.

The Warriors are in the same boat as 29 other NBA teams when it comes to receiving calls. Every team thinks calls don't go their way. It's just the nature of things. The biggest thing is how they respond to them.

Harden pushed off and won the game with his shot. But Iguodala got away with holding Ariza previously that led them to a layup to take the lead with 13 seconds left. Before that Draymond Green was incorrectly called for a foul and Houston got free-throws to put them up. Or if you really want to back track you can say if Klay makes just 2 of his 7 three attempts, none of this matters.

None of it really matters. If a team executes, there's always a way the outcome of a game can be avoided by human error.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think it's a cop out to blame refs. One call can affect the outcome, but it doesn't mean that the outcome should have come down to that one play.

The Warriors are in the same boat as 29 other NBA teams when it comes to receiving calls. Every team thinks calls don't go their way. It's just the nature of things. The biggest thing is how they respond to them.

Harden pushed off and won the game with his shot. But Iguodala got away with holding Ariza previously that led them to a layup to take the lead with 13 seconds left. Before that Draymond Green was incorrectly called for a foul and Houston got free-throws to put them up. Or if you really want to back track you can say if Klay makes just 2 of his 7 three attempts, none of this matters.

None of it really matters. If a team executes, there's always a way the outcome of a game can be avoided by human error.
except for that Sac Kings/Lakers Game 6....that was thrown 100% for the Lakers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

any word on curry?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any word on curry?

Won't know until later this afternoon. The whole bay area is wildly unproductive today until we find out what's going on with his MRI.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering all the possibilities, this is GREAT news....

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well in my original post I did say that fortunately for the Warriors those missed calls don't usually affect the game in terms of them losing- so yes we agree on that. I also said that it's nothing new.

And your post here just illustrates my point even further- that all teams are affected one way or another. But how does discussing something that we both agree happens become a cop out? Is the mindset that since we know it happens to all we shouldn't ever bring it up?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in my original post I did say that fortunately for the Warriors those missed calls don't usually affect the game in terms of them losing- so yes we agree on that. I also said that it's nothing new.

And your post here just illustrates my point even further- that all teams are affected one way or another. But how does discussing something that we both agree happens become a cop out? Is the mindset that since we know it happens to all we shouldn't ever bring it up?

Didn't see your initial posts, so I was just going off of what I saw. Didn't realize we were agreeing, lol.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance the Warriors give game 5 away on purpose... to maximize Curry's availability against the Clippers???

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance the Warriors give game 5 away on purpose... to maximize Curry's availability against the Clippers???

The Warriors best chance is end the series and quickly as possible and hope the Blazers drag out a few more games.

The Warriors also have to concern themselves over the health of the rest of the roster too. Bogut, Livingston and Iguodala can't be trotted out for huge minutes without Steph out there.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before Montalban says Clips sweep the Warriors.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors best chance is end the series and quickly as possible and hope the Blazers drag out a few more games.

The Warriors also have to concern themselves over the health of the rest of the roster too. Bogut, Livingston and Iguodala can't be trotted out for huge minutes without Steph out there.

Yeah, that would definitely be my approach... and good point about the health of the rest of the roster.

Just playing devils advocate though... if the Warriors and Clippers both win in 5... they could start that series as soon as Friday.

If one of them goes longer... that buys more time for Curry to recover.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that would definitely be my approach... and good point about the health of the rest of the roster.

Just playing devils advocate though... if the Warriors and Clippers both win in 5... they could start that series as soon as Friday.

If one of them goes longer... that buys more time for Curry to recover.

Yeah, but if you "throw" some games, it compromises the roster's intensity for the playoffs. I'd rather have 14 guys trying their best to be the next man up, rather than having a mentality they can't win without their MVP. It's probably true they can't but from a competitive standpoint I'd want my guys in a "fight" mentality.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before Montalban says Warriors should trade Curry in the off-season because he's injury prone.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anybody wondered yet if Curry doesn't get hurt in the first place if he had skipped the last (single season win record-setting) game?
Somebody's gotta do it if not...