• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors (73-9) vs 8) Houston Rockets (41-41)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors have been EXTREMELY lucky, in hindsight. Look at all the things that had to go right for them to be the team they are today:

Traded their best and most popular player (Monta) for an oft-injured big (Bogut)
Took back Stephen Jackson in return also to get an extra draft pick (ended up being Ezeli)
Curry gets hurt, but they sign him to a long term extension for what seems like peanuts now.
Lost (tanked) their way to the 7th spot to draft Harrison Barnes.
Took a flier on a tweener Draymond Green.
Dwight not signing with them and they get Iguodala.
Signing Livingston for the MLE.
Signed Speights at a low contract.
Not trading Love for Klay.

Yeah it's pretty crazy but if you look at most or all championship teams everything has to go right...not just on the court but off the court as well (offseason signings, trades, draft picks, etc.)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Steph plays next game, I expect the Warriors to come out with their normal brand of basketball. I would think he'll be on a minutes restriction, but that shouldn't matter too much.

If Steph sits out one more, I think there will be a few adjustments Kerr makes. One is that I think he'll take some of the load off of Draymond to facilitate and let Livingston be the one to get involved. When they utilize Draymond as the primary ball handler, it takes away his major advantage of being the screener, then attacking the defense off the dribble. His high turnover count was partly because he was too focused on being the one to make it happen for others. His assists come within the flow of the game typically.

Another big thing this does is allows Draymond to get back to setting pin down screens for Klay. Klay had Ariza in his jersey all of last night mostly because our two best screen setters (say what you want about the quality of them) weren't able to do it. Bogut was out a lot with foul trouble and Draymond was essentially playing point when he was out there.

If Steph plays, then all is well. If he doesn't, I expect to see Livingston and Iguodala share much more PG responsibilities and put Draymond back in a more natural role. It helps everyone if Draymond can just do what he's done all year.

I agree^^^ on another note. It really shows how much Steph makes the other guys look better, especially giving them open looks and drawing players toward him. Klay is the one guy that can carry it by himself and role players did play good but Draymond relies on hustle and athleticism, Steph helps him the most IMO or he just plays better with Steph. Either way, if Steph plays at all they should be able to handle their business. Houston isn't a good enough team

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph participated in 3 on 3 drills today and said to look great and Steph said he felt great afterwards. Steph said he'd be extremely surprised if he didn't play on Sunday.

Also quick note, the reason Steph wasn't on the bench last night was because he didn't bring a suit with him to Houston. He fully expected to play last night. Looks like he won't have to buy a suit now.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked & sounded pretty cool from what I could tell. A spontaneous thing put together by Spike Lee and some of the city officials in Brooklyn. CNN did a decent job of covering it...and it was mostly interviews, along with various celebrities & people's personal stories about Prince, and of course his music.

:thumb:

Sounds awesome.

I am a huge Prince fan.

It's true what they say about him bridging the gap thru music.

Dude was.successful across so many genres....

Pop, Rock, R&B, Hiphop....even Country.

Some folks don't know he and Bonnie Raitt have made music together.

The guy was a musical savant.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why Kerr didn't use Festus Ezeli more than just the 4 min he got?

Did he get hurt and I missed it?

:noidea:

Because Mo was so effective, he got all the backup run at the 5. Mo is really hit or miss, but when he's on, you get him out there as much as possible.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Fitzgerald, one of the Dubs announcers and a mid-day hosts on KNBR has been saying today that he believes Steph will play on Sunday, and that the Warriors are "not worried in the slightest" about his ability to play moving forward. He stressed he is not stating anything official from the team, but he also said that he is not just reporting his ignorant opinion. He was stating it as an insider.

My take on the whole thing is that Steph was basically fine, but that the Dubs are not worried about the Rockets in any way, and took the opportunity to make sure Steph is as close to 100% as humanly possible at this time of the year. The team is deep, so no need to push Steph at all.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree^^^ on another note. It really shows how much Steph makes the other guys look better, especially giving them open looks and drawing players toward him. Klay is the one guy that can carry it by himself and role players did play good but Draymond relies on hustle and athleticism, Steph helps him the most IMO or he just plays better with Steph. Either way, if Steph plays at all they should be able to handle their business. Houston isn't a good enough team

Yup. The Warriors are the sum of their parts, and that's what makes them great. Each player has a distinct role in how they affect others on the team. If one part is missing, whether that be Steph, Klay or Draymond, the team just isn't the same.

Steph draws a double every time because of his range. It opens up the floor for Draymond to attack the hoop with a numbers advantage. It also opens up room for Klay to shoot.

Draymond being a threat from 3 forces to teams to decide whether to double Steph or to not hedge hard. Draymond also being a threat to drive the ball forces opponents to sag, giving Curry better looks.

Klay is the second best shooter in the NBA and creates so much spacing for Curry and Draymond to operate. His defender can't sag and help. If they do Klay is going to have a field day.

All 3 affect each other and the way they play. Of course Steph is the most important piece, but the team is not a championship team if any of the 3 is missing.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

NBA just announced that Harden should have been called for an offensive foul on the game winner. I just heard it on the radio, so no link.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Mo was so effective, he got all the backup run at the 5. Mo is really hit or miss, but when he's on, you get him out there as much as possible.

I totally understand that w/ Mo Buckets...but they were getting hammered on the glass, especially in the 2nd half...and giving up lots of PitP....so instead of running McAdoo out there, or sticking w/ Barnes for so long, FE may have been a better option on both ends.

Just my 20/20 hindsight...and my :2cents:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally understand that w/ Mo Buckets...but they were getting hammered on the glass, especially in the 2nd half...and giving up lots of PitP....so instead of running McAdoo out there, or sticking w/ Barnes for so long, FE may have been a better option on both ends.

Mo loses his effectiveness as a shooter if he's guarded by a 4. There's a big difference in making Capela come away from the hoop at the 5, than say Josh Smith at the 4. If they played them together, what you're doing is just matching up, body for body. Aside from the 4th quarter, Bogut and Ezeli played the majority of the minutes against Howard.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually after looking at the box score again, I would agree with you about JMM getting PT over Festus. But still think Mo needs to be in at the 5, if he plays.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually after looking at the box score again, I would agree with you about JMM getting PT over Festus. But still think Mo needs to be in at the 5, if he plays.

I agree for the most part...but even if mo slides to the 4, the dubs have enough good passers, screen setters, and run a prime motion offense to compensate...provided if Bogut or FE are on the floor.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never was particularly impressed with Prince. For a guy who was so mega talented as a guitarist to put out shit like Raspberry Beret and Little Red Corvette is a waste of talent; songs that were downright embarrassing.

Justin Beiber just called...he said he knows you're his #1 fan, but he really wants you to STFU...and stop being an ignorant doosh-nozzle.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at work. Did not see last night's game. Sounds like the refs were just fucking horrible.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at work. Did not see last night's game. Sounds like the refs were just fucking horrible.

They were horrid. Both ways were impacted equally, imo. Scott Foster is the worst.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the league is totally throwing these refs under the bus.