• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors (73-9) vs 8) Houston Rockets (41-41)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why predicting and making bets in January is so ridiculous. What if God-forbid, Curry comes back and tweaks his ankle again?

I do have to say- this is where the CAvs have a SMALL advantage because LeBron is just a monster of a human being and rarely gets seriously injured (knock on wood- hopefully not famous last words)

I hope HOPE we get a GSW/CLE series with both at full strength- but just because of the grind of the playoffs it seems unlikely. Curry has been amazingly healthy these last few seasons but he had significant ankle injuries before that. I think GSW is being smart holding him out as long as possible.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch the play... Thompson immediately runs into play and then starts to screen for Mo. I think it was a variation on passing back to the inbounder. If Ariza turned away from Klay to contest Draymond, they would pass it right back to him for the shot. If Ariza followed him (which he did), he would screen for Mo and mo would take the shot.

Yeah I could see that happening. Especially if there were about 5 to 6 seconds left. But given that there was 2.7 seconds left, IMO you don't have enough time to run that smoothly. Also, I'm not going to get too upset about Harden's blatant push off given that the Dubs could've won it on the last possession if it weren't for Green accidentallying (yes, I'm making that a word) the ball off his foot.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why predicting and making bets in January is so ridiculous. What if God-forbid, Curry comes back and tweaks his ankle again?

I do have to say- this is where the CAvs have a SMALL advantage because LeBron is just a monster of a human being and rarely gets seriously injured (knock on wood- hopefully not famous last words)

I hope HOPE we get a GSW/CLE series with both at full strength- but just because of the grind of the playoffs it seems unlikely. Curry has been amazingly healthy these last few seasons but he had significant ankle injuries before that. I think GSW is being smart holding him out as long as possible.

I see a hope is still a thing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, people bet REAL money on it.
It's called futures.
Here, we bet stupid, meaningless stuff, but you've still chosen to be a coward in as far as believing the Cavs can win it all, despite 10000 posts telling us how great/deep they are and that James' best days have yet to be seen.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People are saying Curry's injury isn't even as bad as Lebron's cramps in the Finals. Not nearly as bad and he could play through it and people are giving him shit. I don't know how severe Curry's ankle injury is but all I know is you can't play through cramps in Lebron's case.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lecramp.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are saying Curry's injury isn't even as bad as Lebron's cramps in the Finals. Not nearly as bad and he could play through it and people are giving him shit. I don't know how severe Curry's ankle injury is but all I know is you can't play through cramps in Lebron's case.

2 different scenarios.
Cramps were in the Finals, and yes, nothing he could do.
Warriors are in round 1 playing a team they can beat without Curry.
That won't be the case in later rounds, so it only makes sense to get him back to near 100%.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 different scenarios.
Cramps were in the Finals, and yes, nothing he could do.
Warriors are in round 1 playing a team they can beat without Curry.
That won't be the case in later rounds, so it only makes sense to get him back to near 100%.

Yeah, I agree. He is just trying to get healthy for the more important games

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He better head to the Lakers/Knicks/76ers if he wants a max deal.

On this roster?

I'd give him 12 mil and that's being generous.

The Warriors offered him 16M on a 4 year extension and he turned it down. Looking like a bad move for him so far.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say if there was any silver lining for the Warriors last night was the bench production. Livingston, Speights, Clark and Ezeli gave them some quality play off the bench. If the Warriors do advance deep in the playoffs, any contribution those guys have will be extremely significant.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was reggie miller praise harden when he clearly pushed off on iggy to get that shot. It wasn't like a little nudge he extended his whole damn arm.

There's no way the refs are going to call that at the end of the game. The Warriors should have just ran a second defender at Harden and let someone else beat you. Harden is one of the best one on one players in the world. If Ariza hits a three to win it, I can live with that.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way the refs are going to call that at the end of the game. The Warriors should have just ran a second defender at Harden and let someone else beat you. Harden is one of the best one on one players in the world. If Ariza hits a three to win it, I can live with that.

My thoughts exactly. I don't know why GS didn't double him. Force Harden to make a play there for someone else and live with the results.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts exactly. I don't know why GS didn't double him. Force Harden to make a play there for someone else and live with the results.

Probably happened because Houston was out of timeouts and just advanced the ball as soon it was inbounded. Kerr and the coaching staff probably couldn't have relayed that message to the players.

Defensively the guys trust each other a lot, and would usually let Iguodala guard Harden on his own in most cases. In this case though, you knew Harden was likely not giving up the ball, so they should have sent a second defender.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they put too much pressure on Harden, he would have been put on the line. He was getting some ridiculous calls. There was one call in particular where he was driving, cut between two Warriors, got the whistle after the ball was already gone, so he threw his arms up and got the line. It was laughable.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they put too much pressure on Harden, he would have been put on the line. He was getting some ridiculous calls. There was one call in particular where he was driving, cut between two Warriors, got the whistle after the ball was already gone, so he threw his arms up and got the line. It was laughable.

The calls were bad both ways last night. They didn't benefit one team or the other.

Sending a second defender was absolutely necessary. They didn't need to press up on him but sending a second defender changes the look for him. Of course there's possibility for a foul with him, but you take your chances.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably happened because Houston was out of timeouts and just advanced the ball as soon it was inbounded. Kerr and the coaching staff probably couldn't have relayed that message to the players.

Defensively the guys trust each other a lot, and would usually let Iguodala guard Harden on his own in most cases. In this case though, you knew Harden was likely not giving up the ball, so they should have sent a second defender.

True, the play happened pretty quickly and Harden got to his spot fast.