• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Celtics vs. 6) Pacers

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize he is playing great right now but Boston has several guys who they can throw at him.

White, Holiday and Brown are all more than capable of defending him. Heck, they can even throw Tatum

Brown on Luka, probably Holliday on Kyrie as primary matchups.

Good thing Boston can do is they are very switchable when Horford is in at the 5.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good thing Boston can do is they are very switchable when Horford is in at the 5.
I agree....just saying Boston has a lot of options to throw at Irving.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As mentioned Boston has multiple players who can contain Kyrie. Sure he'll get his points, maybe he even goes off in one game. But if Doncic has a less then stellar performance Boston will prevail. Dallas has no one to step up when those two don't account for +/-50% of their points.
Hopefully Porzingis is back and healthy.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As mentioned Boston has multiple players who can contain Kyrie. Sure he'll get his points, maybe he even goes off in one game. But if Doncic has a less then stellar performance Boston will prevail. Dallas has no one to step up when those two don't account for +/-50% of their points.
Haven't been watching their games?

PJ Washington says hold my beer....

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas v. Boston is a heavyweight match-up... assuming full health on both sides, I'd say it's basically a coin flip.

Celtics have more quality across their playoff line-up, and are the better two-way team.

But Luka is a psycho killer assassin... and the Mavs have a great team offensive dynamic, along with better defense then they've had in previous years.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas v. Boston is a heavyweight match-up... assuming full health on both sides, I'd say it's basically a coin flip.

Celtics have more quality across their playoff line-up, and are the better two-way team.

But Luka is a psycho killer assassin... and the Mavs have a great team offensive dynamic, along with better defense then they've had in previous years.

Good breakdown.

Boston easily the best team on paper.

Luka easily the best player in the series.

Betting on Boston, but could go either way.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He explained the scenario behind the trade with the Celtics. I suppose the 6ers could have tricked them, but Fultz was the guy most had pegged at 1 and the 6ers clearly believed they needed a guard.

As for taking Brown over Simmons?

That would have been fireable honestly. And it would have been the wrong pick.

Yes, I realize Brown is a lot better today. But as I have said before, the 6ers mistake was not in drafting Simmons at 1. It was in failing to trade him at any point during his first 5 years when he was playing at an all star level, it was clear he and Embiid weren’t a great fit and they should have known his work ethic wasn’t there.

They could have traded Simmons for a better player than Brown had they realized what they had.

Him saying it wasn’t possible is an exaggeration.

But it certainly is not realistic to say they could have drafted both.
You’re wasting your time. He doesn’t even speak the same language you do. He has no sports IQ.

• Haha
Reactions: DJ

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth.

Leaving Al open is silly. The guy is a consummate pro and even at his age he is showing he can still get hot
He gets left alone because the defense can’t take away everything. Over the last couple playoffs it seems like 1 out of every 4-5 games out he has a good shooting night. Teams have to pick their poison and Indy isn’t a great defensive team to begin with.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holliday is going to need to get a good whistle to guard Kyrie. He’s going to need to be allowed to hand check. Kyrie is too fast for him. I think I would play White on Kyrie.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holliday is going to need to get a good whistle to guard Kyrie. He’s going to need to be allowed to hand check. Kyrie is too fast for him. I think I would play White on Kyrie.
I think Boston is going to try several different guys on him. But, that might be the best option honestly.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Boston is going to try several different guys on him. But, that might be the best option honestly.
I think Holiday is better suited to cover a guy with size and White is better suited to cover a guy with quickness.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would there be a better back-court matchup in recent history?
I mean did curry and Thompson have a better matchup?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just beat okc in a series where they o my combined for 50+ points once lol

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been watching their games?

PJ Washington says hold my beer....
He had 3 games against OKC where he scored in the 20s. He hasn't been able to repeat that this series. I doubt the Celtics D can't contain him. The Mavs win when their 2 key players score at or about 50% of their points.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not disagreeing. Boston has the better D and Indy was one of the best shooting teams in the league. Not saying this is going to be a cake walk. The pressure of playing in the finals also plays a huge impact. Yes, Luka is a beast.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not points +/- 50%
Same would apply. Matter of fact they never combined for 50% of the points in any of the games vs you okc. They have quality role players and showed they can beat you both ways

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has only been allowing 103.8ppg to their opponents in the playoffs. They don't play defense?

Who knew?