• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Celtics vs. 6) Pacers

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs are once again for the Celtics. That’s why Pacers lost
I would probably say the Pacers need to work on inbounding the basketball. Credit to Boston for the defensive plays but you gotta make that play. I believe they had a TO too so no excuses for Indy

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not calling out individual officials. Who else would they be directed to?

Me: This is why officials miss calls people need to direct their anger at the league office..
You: Those are just lame excuses.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not calling out individual officials.<-- Who else would they be directed to?

Every Nuggets game I listened to on the radio this season their play by play guy Jason Cosmicki always rated each official then complained about them through the entire game. It was funny.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a dumb use of a challenge even though he will win it

I'm not using 1 of my 2 challenges on a missed goaldtending call in the first minute
I mean, if you saw the replay and knew you'd win I get it. Guaranteed 2 points.......and 2 points is 2 points no matter when you get them. Plus you still have a challenge. Better to save it and either maybe not need it or possibly use it on a later OOB play that might not even result in points?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually to me the real answer is the expedited review on stuff like that. Don’t even have to have a timeout. 10 seconds they could have corrected that and carried on.
will say maybe they should do what they do when looking to see if a shot is a 2 or 3 on a play like that. Just do it in NY while they continue play and add the points if it was a goal tend.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will say maybe they should do what they do when looking to see if a shot is a 2 or 3 on a play like that. Just do it in NY while they continue play and add the points if it was a goal tend.
Can do on a goaltend I guess but possession can get ugly if they overturn a goaltending call. This is obviously difficult. I just see a lot of plays on out of bounds that are so easy there is no reason to stop play much. Have a guy dedicated to each game in New York who very quickly can say no overturned. And if it’s not a quick obvious thing just say play on and move on. Show people you are trying to fix the really aggregious stuff.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, some folks act like the refs miss calls on purpose or aren't trying to call the game correctly. I don't care how old a ref is, the only people who can keep up with NBA players running down the court on a quick possession change are other NBA players. And not even all of them can do it.

This…

Also, they really don’t know what bad officiating looks like until they get down to lower levels.

I used to play in a men’s league. Same 2 refs (who were varsity high school officials locally) did all the games for the top league. Games were 20 minute running clock.

These dudes figured out that the more fouls they called and free throws administered, the fewer trips they had to make up and down the court. Every game was touch fouls left and right. They wouldn’t even try to get down the court on a fast break, but you can bet they were calling a foul anyway.

I complained to people running the league multiple times a year.

It never changed though, because they couldn’t find anyone else to take the job.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't get how teams still don't foul up 3 late in the game
Or just put all 5 guys out at the three point circle. Don't even bother with the two point area. They can have that. You've got to be able to defend the 3 pointer when you are up by 3

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that was ridiculous.. no way that game should have gone to OT.
So many mistakes. Halliburton bouncing the ball off his own knee with no defender near him, the other dude failing to inbound the ball, then the entire team failing to be out on the 3 point perimeter when Boston was inbounding. Just a comedy of errors.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This…

Also, they really don’t know what bad officiating looks like until they get down to lower levels.

I used to play in a men’s league. Same 2 refs (who were varsity high school officials locally) did all the games for the top league. Games were 20 minute running clock.

These dudes figured out that the more fouls they called and free throws administered, the fewer trips they had to make up and down the court. Every game was touch fouls left and right. They wouldn’t even try to get down the court on a fast break, but you can bet they were calling a foul anyway.

It never changed though, because they couldn’t find anyone else to take the job.

Bingo. My kid plays travel baseball which is supposed to have the best umps but they make all kinds of mistakes all the time. I know it's not deliberate. They're doing their best but their best kinda sucks.

He also plays rec basketball and football and the officiating is atrocious. But again, I believe those guys are doing all they can to be fair. It's just tough to get it right at full speed.

Makes me appreciate pro officiating and even more than that, REPLAY, a privilege the kids don't get.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This…

most of those refs sucked,but were there every game.nothing could be done.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. My kid plays travel baseball which is supposed to have the best umps but they make all kinds of mistakes all the time. I know it's not deliberate. They're doing their best but their best kinda sucks.

He also plays rec basketball and football and the officiating is atrocious. But again, I believe those guys are doing all they can to be fair. It's just tough to get it right at full speed.

Makes me appreciate pro officiating and even more than that, REPLAY, a privilege the kids don't get.
I used to complain about the refs and umpires all the time until I tried it during high school football and baseball games. Stuff happens so fast and you don't have replay or slo mo to look at. One thing I found is that one team is always unhappy with your call