• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Boston Celtics vs 8) Chicago Bulls

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls have the best player in the series, a historically great playoff performer and the most playoff experience overall. Hardly a poor 8th seed. They showed up versus top competition all season. Their problem was taking naps versus poor teams like NY, BKN, ORL... etc...
great post.

having the best player on the floor in a playoff series is a HUGE advantage. High-End-Talent wins in the playoffs- not depth.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The C's aren't legit contenders so it really doesn't matter if they lose in this round or the later round. I mean it does to fans and players bc it gives them hope but maybe losing in the first round will be the best thing, to kinda change this roster up some.

Thomas
Bradley
Crowder

I like those 3 and Crowder could even be a guy that comes off the bench if they could get a star SF. Horford will obviously be there for some time but they need a rim protector, Amir sucks.
Thomas is best suited as a #2 on a contender.

IT just goes to show you- the most important thing in the NBA is having a star player in their prime. Until you get a guy like that you are just playing for fun.

I mean- look at the teams that got the upsets

the Bulls with Butler

the Bucks with Giannis.

in the East- having a Giannis, Butler, George, Wall, is the difference for those teams. Until you have that guy- you arent being serious. Funny thing too- all 4 of those guys were DRAFTED by their teams.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They never were legit contenders. Always considered them as a regular season team. 2nd round is the best case scenario for them imo. No way are they beating Washington if they get by the Bulls.
Yet again, the team is still mid rebuild, so that is to be expected. Anyone who is expecting greatness doesn't follow basketball.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet again, the team is still mid rebuild, so that is to be expected. Anyone who is expecting greatness doesn't follow basketball.

You're right but I would expect them to beat this Bulls team at least. If they win this series and lose in the 2nd round, I would consider that a successful season for them.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right but I would expect them to beat this Bulls team at least. If they win this series and lose in the 2nd round, I would consider that a successful season for them.
Bulls series isn't over yet.

If they do end up losing to Chicago, the season is more than just a failure, it could actually negatively affect said rebuild.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they do end up losing to Chicago, the season is more than just a failure, it could actually negatively affect said rebuild.

If the Celtics don't make it out of the 1st round Ainge has to seriously consider changing the roster up. Was a bit disappointed no deals were made before the trading deadline this year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea far from over. I think they win in 6 or 7

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas is best suited as a #2 on a contender.

IT just goes to show you- the most important thing in the NBA is having a star player in their prime. Until you get a guy like that you are just playing for fun.

I mean- look at the teams that got the upsets

the Bulls with Butler

the Bucks with Giannis.

in the East- having a Giannis, Butler, George, Wall, is the difference for those teams. Until you have that guy- you arent being serious. Funny thing too- all 4 of those guys were DRAFTED by their teams.

Celtics lost because they are too small and once again got pounded on the boards.
If they only had an elite center they would be fine.
Horford is a nice PF.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yah i still think the Celtics prob win the series- they are just better than the Bulls at so many different spots--- but having guys like Butler/Rondo/Wade definitely wont make it easy. Why if you have your choice- even if a team isnt the greatest regular season team- youd never want to play the team where the other team has the best player in a series because a franchise guy like a Butler can do a lot in a playoff series.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Celtics don't make it out of the 1st round Ainge has to seriously consider changing the roster up. Was a bit disappointed no deals were made before the trading deadline this year.
The roster needs to be changed anyway, that's the natural progression as I see it. Specifically, the whole front court aside from Horford needs to hit the road.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Celtics have the assets to pull off a trade for Paul George or Jimmy Butler. Not sure why it didn't get done. Ainge has constantly tried to drive a hard bargain and my guess is that he shot himself in the foot. Landing the #1 pick this draft would be nice -- but it doesn't address the fact that they're ready to win now if they had a superstar.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wo wo wo lets all calm down a little. Game 1 deservedly goes to Butler and the Bulls. Lets see how adjustments work. IMO I bring in Jaylen Brown earlier and have him just play D on Jimmy, and, use the 6 fouls he is allowed. Butler had way too much space. Then, use Kelly more and tell him to get that binkie out of his mouth and play lopez as a 7 footer should. They do those two things only this series becomes very very different

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wo wo wo lets all calm down a little. Game 1 deservedly goes to Butler and the Bulls. Lets see how adjustments work. IMO I bring in Jaylen Brown earlier and have him just play D on Jimmy, and, use the 6 fouls he is allowed. Butler had way too much space. Then, use Kelly more and tell him to get that binkie out of his mouth and play lopez as a 7 footer should. They do those two things only this series becomes very very different

Yeah, it's hard to know what to take away from that game. The Bulls have a lot more playoff experience than the Celtics which is a factor.

Also, the death of IT's sister may have effected them as well. I know IT played well, but that kind of thing can have a team wide effect, since his teammates were all trying to be supportive and there was uncertainty as to how much he would play. This is especially true, imo, given that the Celtics are a pretty young team.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's hard to know what to take away from that game. The Bulls have a lot more playoff experience than the Celtics which is a factor.

Also, the death of IT's sister may have effected them as well. I know IT played well, but that kind of thing can have a team wide effect, since his teammates were all trying to be supportive and there was uncertainty as to how much he would play. This is especially true, imo, given that the Celtics are a pretty young team

Much respect Trojan. But trying to see things with clear glasses we just need to man up and get physical. Show me one Lakers/Celtics game where anyone would have made Lopez look like Jack Sikma......

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much respect Trojan. But trying to see things with clear glasses we just need to man up and get physical. Show me one Lakers/Celtics game where anyone would have made Lopez look like Jack Sikma......
True. It'd be nice if the team showed up in the 2nd quarter too ffs. So many games have been lost by getting creamed in the 2nd this year.