• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #1 Alabama vs Tennessee |CBS| 2:30CT

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to head home and drank. Brb.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take that, low down dirty snitches!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no one here bit on the stupidity of the in game commentators, but lol at CBS for getting trolled by bogus tweets they didn't bother to double check before outing it on national TV.
:burt:

The conversation centered on the apparent debate surrounding Alabama’s schedule.

“It’s been a talking point everywhere,” Danielson said. “Even recently, Chris Petersen said: ‘If we had Alabama’s schedule, we’d be undefeated.’ Well, if Alabama played Washington’s schedule, they’d be undefeated too.”

“Yes, they would,” Nessler added.

Problem is, Petersen has never said a word about Bama or their schedule outside of saying Auburn's defense was Alabama-ish in the offseason leading up to the Auburn game. That's the only time he has said the word Alabama this year. And yes, Auburn's defense is nowhere near as good as Bama this year, but Petersen often overpraises opponents.

They got trolled by a second rate twitter account making shit up.

Fake quotes tangle UW’s Chris Petersen in more unwanted SEC drama

Seriously, you have to be entirely new to college football to believe Petersen is EVER going to give you a juicy quote. He is by far the most boring and vanilla non controversial head coach in D1. He won't even come out against the horrible Pac12 refs when his team is screwed by them. He's terrible in press conferences. The ONLY people he ever slams are the media covering him. That's it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no one here bit on the stupidity of the in game commentators, but lol at CBS for getting trolled by bogus tweets they didn't bother to double check before outing it on national TV.
:burt:

Problem is, Petersen has never said a word about Bama or their schedule outside of saying Auburn's defense was Alabama-ish in the offseason leading up to the Auburn game. That's the only time he has said the word Alabama this year. And yes, Auburn's defense is nowhere near as good as Bama this year, but Petersen often overpraises opponents.

They got trolled by a second rate twitter account making shit up.

Fake quotes tangle UW’s Chris Petersen in more unwanted SEC drama

Seriously, you have to be entirely new to college football to believe Petersen is EVER going to give you a juicy quote. He is by far the most boring and vanilla non controversial head coach in D1. He won't even come out against the horrible Pac12 refs when his team is screwed by them. He's terrible in press conferences. The ONLY people he ever slams are the media covering him. That's it.

Hell I didn't even catch it. But I'm not admitting to it, but I may have left in the middle of the 2nd quarter to go get an $80 ounce while it was on sale and didn't get back until the start of the 3rd quarter.

I think most coaches overpraise.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell I didn't even catch it.

I think most coaches overpraise.
Thankfully most people don't pay attention to the utter bullshit commentators ramble on about. It was said to have been talked about early in the second quarter? :noidea:

Likely the Seattle Times doesn't do a piece on it if the above tweet didn't call that out and ask for clarification.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully most people don't pay attention to the utter bullshit commentators ramble on about. It was said to have been talked about early in the second quarter? :noidea:

Likely the Seattle Times doesn't do a piece on it if the above tweet didn't call that out and ask for clarification.

Oh yeah, I smoked a pork butt last weekend and I would have been tending to it during those times. I don't generally like "gary's talk" part of the broadcasts anyway.

But I do have vague memory of Peterson saying something about Alabama. Hell maybe that's it and I just didn't think much of it and/or forgot.