• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1/10th of the Season Has Passed

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA season, 1230 games are played. So far 124 games have been played.

What are your impressions? What are your most memorable games so far or most significant? Surprise teams, good or bad?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid phone. It changed “of” to “if” in the title. Aargh!

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings have had a light schedule to this point, but we'll see how long they keep their current trend going.

Shump is back after being left for dead by the Cavs.

Tony Parker still has plenty left in the tank.

Garrett Temple has reinvented himself as a scoring threat at a time in his career you'd least expect it.

Philly is overrated (not a shock to me in the least, btw) and has no bench outside of Redick.

Cavs lack playmakers and should have made more of an effort to add another point guard. Evan a guy like Tim Frazier would have done wonders for that team.

Still want to see more from the Brooklyn Nets. I believe they could be a hot FA destination if they win 35 games, and I still think that's possible.

Everyone should be on the Tobias Harris All-Star bandwagon.

Triple J is going to be good. He just turned 19 plus he's from Indiana. :yahoo:

Pacers and Nuggets off to excellent starts.

Fuck those diva-ass Lakers and their diva-ass fans.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings have had a light schedule to this point, but we'll see how long they keep their current trend going.

Garrett Temple has reinvented himself as a scoring threat at a time in his career you'd least expect it.

Philly is overrated (not a shock to me in the least, btw) and has no bench outside of Redick.

Cavs lack playmakers and should have made more of an effort to add another point guard. Evan a guy like Tim Frazier would have done wonders for that team.

Still want to see more from the Brooklyn Nets. I believe they could be a hot FA destination if they win 35 games, and I still think that's possible.

I can see why you are a Pacers fan (being in Indiana), why are you also a Nuggets fan?

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh. The NBA started? I, like most people, don't give a fuck until after Christmas

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've studied it closely and I've come to the conclusion that the Wizards suck.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see why you are a Pacers fan (being in Indiana), why are you also a Nuggets fan?

Because I felt like it and I'm not a gutless frontrunner.

In all seriousness, I had started to root for the Nuggets because I despised Carmelo for how he conducted himself when George Karl had returned to the team from his cancer treatment.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally like to reserve any judgement whatsoever until at least 20 games, especially on underachieving teams.

But the Kings have to be the biggest surprise so far. That and just how terrible the Wizards ar

A couple thoughts:

Philly screwed up this off season. They should have made an aggressive push to land Kawhi and Fultz does not fit with Simmons. They were good last season because they had a ton of shooters around Simmons. Now they don't even have that:

They have 1 more chance to land a big FA this summer, then they miss their chance to build a superteam. Can still be really good with better roster fit decisions though.

As for Tobias Harris, he is playing well, but not ever going to be an allstar. Because:

LeBron, KD, Anthony Davis, Paul George, Draymond Green, Doncic and diva Jimmy Butler are all forwards who are clearly better.

Guard include Curry, Russ, Harden, Lillard, CP3, Klay, Booker

Bigs are KAT, Aldridge and Ayton

I probably missed somebody, but point is not all of these are going to make it. Tobias Harris has no chance in hell.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed Gobert and Donovan Mitchell

West is ridiculously loaded with high end talent

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally like to reserve any judgement whatsoever until at least 20 games, especially on underachieving teams.

But the Kings have to be the biggest surprise so far. That and just how terrible the Wizards ar

A couple thoughts:

Philly screwed up this off season. They should have made an aggressive push to land Kawhi and Fultz does not fit with Simmons. They were good last season because they had a ton of shooters around Simmons. Now they don't even have that:

They have 1 more chance to land a big FA this summer, then they miss their chance to build a superteam. Can still be really good with better roster fit decisions though.

As for Tobias Harris, he is playing well, but not ever going to be an allstar. Because:

LeBron, KD, Anthony Davis, Paul George, Draymond Green, Doncic and diva Jimmy Butler are all forwards who are clearly better.

I probably missed somebody, but point is not all of these are going to make it. Tobias Harris has no chance in hell.

Was gonna say Kings as well. What also surprises me a little is the bucks success right away under bud. I think they win 55+ games for sure now

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was gonna say Kings as well. What also surprises me a little is the bucks success right away under bud. I think they win 55+ games for sure now

Bucks are legit.

I am surprised by their start too, but I shouldn't be. Bud is a very good coach and Jason Kidd was not.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That defense has been made a foul in the NBA.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A couple thoughts:

I see the case for the others, but LOL @ Donicic and Ayton over Tobias.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAndre Jordan is shooting 82.4% (!!!!) from the freethrow line this year.

I mean, that's just ridiculous at this point. And he's shooting almost 4 a game, so it's not a small sample size anymore. I think the less attempts also have to do with the fact that he's shooting so much better too. Teams are hesitant to foul him as much.

Warriors bench depth is better than I thought it would be. Jerebko, McKinney and Looney all playing really well to start the year. Damian Jones has real potential to be a Capela-lite.

Was almost ready to write of Malik Monk last year as a bust, but this year he's playing well and shooting the ball well. Needs to impact other areas of his game, but his shot has at least come around.

Ballin:
Dame
Derozan
Jokic
Kemba
Middleton
Caris Levert
Josh Richardson
Tobias Harris
JAVALE MCGEE

Not Ballin:
OKC Bench
Ricky Rubio
KAT
Teague
Wizards
Aaron Gordon
Gordon Hayward (justifiable at this point)
Dario Saric

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Hornets get rid of Kemba Walker, we are fucking toast. Bobcat years revisited if we let him leave.