• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 09.28.18 Game 160 - Ryu vs. Bumgarner

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Tomlinson!?!? Why not Hanson? Why not Shaw? Put someone in with pop. The Giants had a chance to score. Instead, double play, inning over. Ridiculous.
Can’t defend that. Maybe they are trying to get KT the opportunity to save his baseball life. You gotta think his MLB career is over after Sunday.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fuck. I hate that Toomgus looking fuck.

Probably too much offense for the Giants to overcome.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only $100 a year. You can’t get through life never paying anything.
giphy.gif

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the Samardzija contract was the nail in the coffin and the Longoria trade was the dirt piling up.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t defend that. Maybe they are trying to get KT the opportunity to save his baseball life. You gotta think his MLB career is over after Sunday.
If the Giants are truly about playing spoiler to their biggest rival, they don't send in a weak hitting middle infielder in a key spot just to try to help him save his MLB career. One at-bat isn't going to help anyway.
I realize you are offering a possibility as to why. I'm just talking about how stupid that would be if that was the reason.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anti-Semite fucking owns Bum. So crazy.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the Samardzija contract was the nail in the coffin and the Longoria trade was the dirt piling up.
I never liked the Samardzija deal and don't understand why people talk like his down season is so surprising. Maybe worse than normal, but not surprising. Longoria is not too surprising either. He was already on the decline when the team picked him up.

Now Melancon has been much more surprising.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Giants are truly about playing spoiler to their biggest rival, they don't send in a weak hitting middle infielder in a key spot just to try to help him save his MLB career. One at-bat isn't going to help anyway.
I realize you are offering a possibility as to why. I'm just talking about how stupid that would be if that was the reason.
He was quite possibly the very last person I would have chosen in a video game situation, so I can’t imagine why?

Does he have history against Ryu? Is so, why didn’t he start?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a 5 and dive for Bumgarner. This is not going well so far.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never liked the Samardzija deal and don't understand why people talk like his down season is so surprising. Maybe worse than normal, but not surprising. Longoria is not too surprising either. He was already on the decline when the team picked him up.

I was for the signing, knowing that it was going to be a bad signing when all was said and done. We NEEDED a closer, and he was the cheapest of the 3 on the market at the time. He just ended up sucking from literally his first game on. I was counting on him giving us at least 1 good year.

I was more wrong than I knew I already was.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was for the signing, knowing that it was going to be a bad signing when all was said and done. We NEEDED a closer, and he was the cheapest of the 3 on the market at the time. He just ended up sucking from literally his first game on. I was counting on him giving us at least 1 good year.

I was more wrong than I knew I already was.
I was more positive than you on Melancon. I expected at least he'd have 2 good years. I didn't like the length of the deal but was otherwise okay with it.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m ok with Melancon and Cueto, because at least they had good track records.

Sammy was the worst pitcher in the league for qualified innings and we just give him a 5-$90? Longoria trends down and has his statistical worst year and we trade for him? Those two were some of the most idiotic moves I’ve ever seen from the get go. I love Sabes and 2010/12/14.....but man those moves are hard to stomach (and yes, I know Evans).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was more positive than you on Melancon. I expected at least he'd have 2 good years. I didn't like the length of the deal but was otherwise okay with it.
There was no way around the length. If we wanted him, the length had to be there. And we were in DIRE need of a closer.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m ok with Melancon and Cueto, because at least they had good track records.

Sammy was the worst pitcher in the league for qualified innings and we just give him a 5-$90? Longoria trends down and has his statistical worst year and we trade for him? Those two were some of the most idiotic moves I’ve ever seen from the get go. I love Sabes and 2010/12/14.....but man those moves are hard to stomach (and yes, I know Evans).
I don’t hate the Longo trade that much. We really didn’t give up much for him, and the Rays ate a good portion of the contract.

As for Sammy, don’t forget that we also gave up a 1st rounder by signing him.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no way around the length. If we wanted him, the length had to be there. And we were in DIRE need of a closer.
And the fact that he hasn't been a closer for two years shows how silly that really was, thinking that was a huge need. But we all believed it at the time.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was quite possibly the very last person I would have chosen in a video game situation, so I can’t imagine why?

Does he have history against Ryu? Is so, why didn’t he start?
And, with that move, Bochy is burning through a thin bench. Tomlinson was replaced by Blanco defensively. :scratch: Did Bochy change his mind and does not want to come back in 2019?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t hate the Longo trade that much. We really didn’t give up much for him, and the Rays ate a good portion of the contract.

As for Sammy, don’t forget that we also gave up a 1st rounder by signing him.
I hate the Longo trade because it was a mistake from the start. Not so much the cost of prospects or the overall salary. It just never made any sense in my mind. At least Cueto and Melancon had an argument. I was ok with those. Not happy, but ok.