• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 06.23.22 Robotech vs Hangman

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yastrzemski - rf
Flores - 2b
Ruf - 1b
Pederson - lf
Longoria - 3b
Estrada - ss
LaStella - dh
Slater - cf
Casali - c
Wood - sp

Pederson is the only Giants who've faced the Braves' Kyle Wright, going 0 for 2.
Wood has some good success against Duvall (0 for 11), Swanson (1 for 8) and Olson (1 for 6) but Acuna has a home run in 5 ABs, and Gosselin has tatooed him (3 for 5) in limited appearances. Ozuna is the only Brave with more than 11 ABs against Wood, going 8 for 27 with no home runs.

Hope Gonzalez can get back into a game soon.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzo is out for a week is what I'm reading. No update on Crawford.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Littell should not do interviews. He does not have a future in broadcasting.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craw is the one that matters. We have MLB OF depth. We don’t have MLB SS depth.
Eh, I kinda agree but not really. Gonzalez is one of the best hitters on the team. Maybe one of the guys from AAA could step in (much like he did) and hit well but that is no guarantee.

I don't know about his defense but Estrada's bat is arguably better than Crawford's at this point in time. However, Flores' defense at 2nd base takes a hit. So I don't completely disagree with you but it may be closer than you think.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I kinda agree but not really. Gonzalez is one of the best hitters on the team. Maybe one of the guys from AAA could step in (much like he did) and hit well but that is no guarantee.

I don't know about his defense but Estrada's bat is arguably better than Crawford's at this point in time. However, Flores' defense at 2nd base takes a hit. So I don't completely disagree with you but it may be closer than you think.
Ponch’s defensive analytics are awful. And he seems to get mentally distracted too often. I like him, but I think is more similar to Solano than we would like to admit.

Gonzo is playing great, no question. Arguably team MVP to this point. But we have a crowded OF. We can play matchups out there quite easily. Maybe even give Ramos more than 2 PAs to prove he belongs.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ponch’s defensive analytics are awful. And he seems to get mentally distracted too often. I like him, but I think is more similar to Solano than we would like to admit.

Gonzo is playing great, no question. Arguably team MVP to this point. But we have a crowded OF. We can play matchups out there quite easily. Maybe even give Ramos more than 2 PAs to prove he belongs.
Thanks for the defensive update, that does make a difference but can the matchups really cover much of Gonzalez' offensive performance? Wade may be ready soon but I'm not sure his bat is ready.
And Ramos? I don't trust this FO to give him much of anything this year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the defensive update, that does make a difference but can the matchups really cover much of Gonzalez' offensive performance? Wade may be ready soon but I'm not sure his bat is ready.
And Ramos? I don't trust this FO to give him much of anything this year.
I just noticed that on the MLB roster, we now only have 3.5 OFers (Yaz, Slater, Pedo and Ruf). Wade could be activated any day, and Gonzo won’t be out for long ( :hope: ) and we have Ramos who SHOULD be in the mix as well. There is org depth at the MLB level, but there isn’t actually depth on the MLB roster, today.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed that on the MLB roster, we now only have 3.5 OFers (Yaz, Slater, Pedo and Ruf). Wade could be activated any day, and Gonzo won’t be out for long ( :hope: ) and we have Ramos who SHOULD be in the mix as well. There is org depth at the MLB level, but there isn’t actually depth on the MLB roster, today.
Wade finally had a good game offensively last night, for the first time in his 2nd rehab assignment with Sacramento. I would guess that the Giants will want to see him hit in a few more games before activating him. They may also feel that they rushed his 1st rehab assignment, which could have contributed to his quick return to the IL, but I am merely speculating here.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Longoria kills the rally in the 1st with a double play. Is his bat going to get hot at all this year?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Longoria kills the rally in the 1st with a double play. Is his bat going to get hot at all this year?
Even when he is “hot”, he is really only at replacement levels.

While he hasn’t been horrible for us, his existence on the roster has come with a potentially high opportunity cost.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and then Wood gives up a yak to a guy who doesn't even have a real name.

Dansby phuking Swanson?

This one feels over in the first.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when he is “hot”, he is really only at replacement levels.

While he hasn’t been horrible for us, his existence on the roster has come with a potentially high opportunity cost.
fortunately, we are only on the hook for 5M next year on that contract.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phuking Slater AND phuking Longo.

This game sucks ass