• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 05/31-Sale gets roughed up while Fat Albert hits 599

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the talk in the winter was how great the Tribe and Red Sox would be. Nobody saw the Stros being this damn good. Wow

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jays won again. Sphincters just went "suuuuwwwwip!" all over the Eastern Seaboard

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jays won again. Sphincters just went "suuuuwwwwip!" all over the Eastern Seaboard
nah. smoak will cool off. joey bats is killing it in may, but he has been good for a streak killing DL trip in the last few years. everything hangs on joey, morales and that iffy/could be good staff.

remember when tulo was supposed to help that team on offense?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah. smoak will cool off. joey bats is killing it in may, but he has been good for a streak killing DL trip in the last few years. everything hangs on joey, morales and that iffy/could be good staff.

remember when tulo was supposed to help that team on offense?

Heh heh heh...look at him squirm! But don't feel too bad, it's still another week to ten days before we pass Boston in the standings

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh heh heh...look at him squirm! But don't feel too bad, it's still another week to ten days before we pass Boston in the standings
WE ARENT AFRAID OF YOU, EH.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE ARENT AFRAID OF YOU, EH.

tenor.gif

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is this guy?:suds:

Scott Schebler hit his 16th home run of the season in Wednesday's loss to the Blue Jays.

Schebler slugged a solo shot in the top of the ninth inning off Blue Jays closer Roberto Osuna to bring the Reds within one run, but Toronto wound up winning the game and completing the series sweep. Schebler now leads all National League hitters in home runs. He moved out of a tie with Bryce Harper, who will be suspended for the next three games for charging the mound Monday at AT&T Park.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scott Schebler hit his 16th home run of the season in Wednesday's loss to the Blue Jays.

Schebler slugged a solo shot in the top of the ninth inning off Blue Jays closer Roberto Osuna to bring the Reds within one run, but Toronto wound up winning the game and completing the series sweep. Schebler now leads all National League hitters in home runs. He moved out of a tie with Bryce Harper, who will be suspended for the next three games for charging the mound Monday at AT&T Park.
Had him on my fantasy team from the get go.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs are so lucky the NL Central is trash. Had they played in any other division in the nl, they would be in some trouble

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs are now 25-27. Did not lose their 27th game until June 30th last year.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Picked him up the 1st week into my keeper league this year.. So glad I did!

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Rockies stay and the DBacks falter.... I can't see the DBacks pitching keeping it up
I feel the opposite. Taking a look at overall peripherals for their starters, the Diamondbacks have a much higher K rate, a significantly lower walk rate, and a slightly higher BABIP. I also have more faith in Greinke, Taijuan Walker, and Robbie Ray, none of which are pitching way over their heads right now. Is a guy like Zack Godley going to continue to be a competent fill-in? I doubt it. But it's not like his K rates and walk rates have changed much, he's just getting a little bit more lucky than he has in the past.

The Rockies, on the other hand have 3 guys in Senzatela, Freeland, and Marquez who have no track record and (for the exception of Marquez) are pitching way below their FIP. Now, Gray coming back and the expectation that Chatwood and Anderson will be better will limit the impact on the regression of these players, but I still think their pitching will be worse as the season goes along than the Diamondbacks.

But like I said earlier, I think both could be playing in the Wild Card round, especially considering the lack of depth in the NL this year with only 5 teams above .500

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the talk in the winter was how great the Tribe and Red Sox would be. Nobody saw the Stros being this damn good. Wow
I had Astros in the ALCS this year, losing to the Indians in 7. Indians will rebound. Kluber, Salazar, Bauer, and Tomlin all with ERAs over 5.00 and still 3 games over .500. Kluber back tonight as well.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real simple...With the rate pitchers go down, combined with the occasional stinkers that they all throw up, Ill draft a couple of top pitchers and play the waiver wire all season with pitching

You are finding faaaaar more help in the pitching dept all season, than you are real offensive studs....

I won my league last season, drafted a few top pitchers, many of them dissapointed, and get major help on the waiver wire, grabbing guys like Aaron Sanchez early on, Jamex Paxson a little later on....Those types of guys are available every single season

Yeah, but all you're saying here is that you can get lucky or unlucky with who you draft and who you pick up off waivers.

That has nothing to do with playing every day or once every five days.

All I'm saying is that a pitcher has the same value as a hitter. Surfing the waiver wire for probable starters is just as easy to blow up in your face as it is to work out. Particularly if you play in a league with IP mins and maxs.