• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

05/16 GDT: Tards @ Giants

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
can we trade Lincecum for a big bat. Then again once Zito goes back to Zito we are down to 3 SP's. We are f'd right now offensively.
Note: This is not me with a gun to the Giants season saying it's over. More just in this time of loss trying to figure out where to next

I'm open to it. Not many spare big bats around though.

TheSaboteur

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of value does Lincecum have anyway?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No...Burriss....No....oh the humanity......why?

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm open to it. Not many spare big bats around though.

not trying to prove you wrong just started brainstorming names

Alex Gordon (let's take another KC bat. Really struggling but is better then what we have)
Josh Willingham
BJ Upton (iffy)
Colby Rasmus (Jays have Gose in AAA)
Ryan Roberts (play some 2B)

yes all of them except WIllingham are struggling but skill wise they re better then what we got. Then again Lincecum is worth more. So these are just bats I think we could try and get in July

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Alex Gordon (let's take another KC bat. Really struggling but is better then what we have)
Josh Willingham
BJ Upton (iffy)

yes all of them except WIllingham are struggling but skill wise they re better then what we got. Then again Lincecum is worth more. So these are just bats I think we could try and get in July

Giants would never trade timmy in division, so take Roberts off the table. KC can't afford Timmy, no small market team can. Rasmus is a not as good Nate. Willingham is a replacement level player who is old. BJ Upton is the only name I'd not throw out immediately.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Josh Willingham
BJ Upton (iffy)

Honestly, we all know Sabes is going to trade for a vet 2B like Kelly Johnson (who i wouldn't mind actually), and some random pen arm we've never heard of (just like Ramirez and Lopez). Maybe he rips a dingle berry off the Braves ass and tries to get get Jack Wilson for short, but I'm not expecting a big trade like last year after all the negative backlash that it's brought them.

Blanco
Johnson
Panda
Posey
Melky
Pagan
W/e at 1B
W/e at SS
P

If you can add a guy like Johnson who can go deep, hit for decent average, and get on base in that 2 slot, we can move Melky down to try and move Posey/Panda along, and then if that fails you have Pagan right after. I'm sick and tired of Nate/Belt/Pill/Crawford/Burriss/auto-out coming up with the bases loaded after everyone in front of them did their job,

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants would never trade timmy in division, so take Roberts off the table. KC can't afford Timmy, no small market team can. Rasmus is a not as good Nate. Willingham is a replacement level player who is old. BJ Upton is the only name I'd not throw out immediately.

didn't mean Timmy I kinda got off track and just mentioned names who I think we should look at.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, we all know Sabes is going to trade for a vet 2B like Kelly Johnson (who i wouldn't mind actually), and some random pen arm we've never heard of (just like Ramirez and Lopez). Maybe he rips a dingle berry off the Braves ass and tries to get get Jack Wilson for short, but I'm not expecting a big trade like last year after all the negative backlash that it's brought them.

Blanco
Johnson
Panda
Posey
Melky
Pagan
W/e at 1B
W/e at SS
P

If you can add a guy like Johnson who can go deep, hit for decent average, and get on base in that 2 slot, we can move Melky down to try and move Posey/Panda along, and then if that fails you have Pagan right after. I'm sick and tired of Nate/Belt/Pill/Crawford/Burriss/auto-out coming up with the bases loaded after everyone in front of them did their job,

Who's on 1st! :heh:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pujols has more RBIs than anyone on the Giants.

I thought the one no doubt thing we could count on this year was scoring more than last. I guess we aren't for the same reasons (injuries). This team we see right now is not a playoff team by any stretch.

However, there's still a lot of time for things to evolve. The team in August may be performing very differently than the one in mid May. But it's disappointing.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the one no doubt thing we could count on this year was scoring more than last. I guess we aren't for the same reasons (injuries). This team we see right now is not a playoff team by any stretch.

However, there's still a lot of time for things to evolve. The team in August may be performing very differently than the one in mid May. But it's disappointing.

We are scoring more, though it would take a magnifying glass to tell the difference.

2011 = 3.51 runs per game

2012 = 3.62 runs per game

Since Pablo went on the DL, Giants are scoring a whopping 3.15 runs per game. So Pablo is worth about half a run a game.

Upon further review, before Pablo went out on the DL, Giants were averaging 3.875 runs per game, so Panda is worth about 0.75 runs per game. I underestimated his worth by half.

Last edited by a moderator:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're in bitch mode: sometimes I envy Rockies fans. I would take losing 8-6 right now over this shiite. As least it would be a different form of frustration.

Sometimes I think that, but it's probably just a grass is greener type thing. I think losing is just downright frustrating unless your team is in an obvious rebuild mode.

Pujols has more RBIs than anyone on the Giants.

Usually this wouldn't be a big deal.....but this year.....

Ugh. :L

fights off ball four......to stay alive.

This made me laugh.

Bloop (check)

three pitch K :L

Bloop

Bloop

Blast

lol, wasn't it Anthem who said that this sounded like [paraphrased, as I can't approach his genius] "the Bathroom Soundtrack to Taco Bell 4th Meal"???

No...Burriss....No....oh the humanity......why?

Once Burriss came up with two outs, I turned the tv off. True story.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are scoring more, though it would take a magnifying glass to tell the difference.

Since Pablo went on the DL, Giants are scoring a whopping 3.15 runs per game. So Pablo is worth about half a run a game.

Upon further review, before Pablo went out on the DL, Giants were averaging 3.875 runs per game, so Panda is worth about 0.75 runs per game. I underestimated his worth by half.

Good point, but yes I meant now with the injuries we are scoring as poorly as last year, and for the same reasons. This gives me some hope that when full strength we can come out of this. Problem remains, 'full strength' may not happen if Franchez never plays again.

The goal was always to play .500 ball while Panda was out, I believe we are 6-5 since, so that's ok. We also need LA to cool off (I'd like to see it happen soon please!).

What's weird is we are 10th in baseball in batting avg, but 26th in runs scored. BA w RISP the obvious culprit. And no walks.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can you imagine if that were true? He'd be a 11.25 WAR player.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another depressing factoid:

Nate Schierholtz saw 23 pitches tonight; nobody else in the lineup, which hit four full times tonight, saw more than 13.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another depressing factoid:

Nate Schierholtz saw 23 pitches tonight; nobody else in the lineup, which hit four full times tonight, saw more than 13.

That is the most support for a change in approaches at the plate that I have seen all year. The word is out around the league: Don't throw strikes to most of the Giants line-up and let them beat themselves. It's good to see Buster get his stroke back, though.