• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zero TD for the first team offense

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dont doubt his desire to win. What I do doubt is his willingness to put the team before himself. I know people will say the way he plays is all about winning, but he has ballhawg tendencies that Im not too sure he is getting rid of. But... we only have to wait 14 days to see whats really going through Roberts head.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dont doubt his desire to win. What I do doubt is his willingness to put the team before himself. I know people will say the way he plays is all about winning, but he has ballhawg tendencies that Im not too sure he is getting rid of. But... we only have to wait 14 days to see whats really going through Roberts head.

Agree. Time will show us the truth.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going out on a limb here but RG3 will never be a pocket passer.

I was hopeful that he could be but I don't think he will be.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going out on a limb here but RG3 will never be a pocket passer.

I was hopeful that he could be but I don't think he will be.

then play him like wilson and kaepernick

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then play him like wilson and kaepernick

You are going in circles dude. If the player refuses to buy into the program, what can the coach do?? Either bench him or adjust the program. Now we see that benching RG3 long term is not really an option. So gruden has really been tasked with trying to make him into a pocket passer. Because I find it hard to believe that the previous coaches just said fuck it we are going to make this kid into a pocket passer no matter what.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't as decisive as Wilson and we do play him like Kaep...He just lacks the elusiveness of Kaep.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't as decisive as Wilson and we do play him like Kaep...He just lacks the elusiveness of Kaep.

When is the last time you've seen Wilson take a big hit? he is miles ahead of Robert in terms of the mental aspect of the game. He knows exactly what is role is, where his receivers are and the game situation. When he is about to get hit, he gets very small, making himself a very elusive target. Robert runs into hits with elbows and knees flying.

bworku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the last time you've seen Wilson take a big hit? he is miles ahead of Robert in terms of the mental aspect of the game. He knows exactly what is role is, where his receivers are and the game situation. When he is about to get hit, he gets very small, making himself a very elusive target. Robert runs into hits with elbows and knees flying.

Well, Wilson and Griffin will also take the same hit differently. Wilson build will make it look nowhere near as bad.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so we shouldnt aspire to that ? play like wilson does or should we just lie down like a bitch and give up ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we shouldnt aspire to that ? play like wilson does or should we just lie down like a bitch and give up ?

Let me take RG3 out of it for a moment. How many coaches do you think tried to teach Rex Grossman to NOT throw risky passes?? How many you think tried to teach Vick NOT to take un-needed hits?? Wilson looks to protect himself first and foremost. Griffin looks to be a playmaker first and foremost. His mindset will need to change drastically in order to get him to play like Wilson, Kaep, Rodgers or any of the other Mobile Qbs that manage to stay upright for 16 games a season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me take RG3 out of it for a moment. How many coaches do you think tried to teach Rex Grossman to NOT throw risky passes?? How many you think tried to teach Vick NOT to take un-needed hits?? Wilson looks to protect himself first and foremost. Griffin looks to be a playmaker first and foremost. His mindset will need to change drastically in order to get him to play like Wilson, Kaep, Rodgers or any of the other Mobile Qbs that manage to stay upright for 16 games a season.

so we should lay down like bitches and give up ? other qbs have learned cunningham in minny is one but lets give up and put KC in the new anointed guy so he can be rex grossman part dew

if our fan base was the 49ers we would be screaming for gabbert

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we should lay down like bitches and give up ? other qbs have learned cunningham in minny is one but lets give up and put KC in the new anointed guy so he can be rex grossman part dew

if our fan base was the 49ers we would be screaming for gabbert

If Kaep was playing like RG3 they would be screaming for Gabbert if Gabbert looked like he had a better command of the offense. A good portion of Griffins issues are of his own creation. I know you damn near refuse to believe that, but its the truth. But no I dont think we give up, give him the rope he wants, either he figures it out or we are looking for a new QB. And as you have basically said we are a 6 win team this year, why not ride with it and see if he can either improve or get a definitive answer on him?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can aspire to it all you want. But IMO, its going to take an attitude change from Robert. I guarantee you that every coach he has had has told him to avoid the big hits. They've also told him to throw the ball away when there is nothing. So why do you think he still can't do either of those things?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can aspire to it all you want. But IMO, its going to take an attitude change from Robert. I guarantee you that every coach he has had has told him to avoid the big hits. They've also told him to throw the ball away when there is nothing. So why do you think he still can't do either of those things?

I dont think its a matter of cant, but a matter of wont.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think its a matter of cant, but a matter of wont.

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but you may well be right. Thus the attitude change......

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't want to start a thread for this so putting it here...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3