• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zero TD for the first team offense

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we be worried??

Also side note, when Thiesman comes out and basically says Cousins should be starting.... things are not looking good.

Freeforall

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, I say no. Eli Manning is learning a new offense as well. He's only thrown 1 TD, but has not thrown an INT. He's also thrown 36 passes compared to Griffin's 20. Cousins has played better, but he's played 2 string defenses. Cousins has attempted 52 passes. I'm sorry, but if we expect Griffin to show progress he needs more time against other teams defenses. Put his ass out there next week. You're running a risk with players fighting for roster spots willing to do anything to make a name for theirselves. Oh the hell well.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the sky is falling . typical dc reaction

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is ............how in the freak do you throw for 5 yards wtf is that reed garcon djax roberts. Has there ever ever ever been a qb that played for 2 quarters and throw for 5 yards. I think rg3 has reached rock bottom Idont care about wins and loses in preseason this will go down as the worst qb performence in preseason history skindads bar none peroid end of story

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to top it'off' we spent 2 first rd picks on him

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is ............how in the freak do you throw for 5 yards wtf is that reed garcon djax roberts. Has there ever ever ever been a qb that played for 2 quarters and throw for 5 yards. I think rg3 has reached rock bottom Idont care about wins and loses in preseason this will go down as the worst qb performence in preseason history skindads bar none peroid end of story

what if the pass to reed isnt called back on a holding penalty ? do we have the chance to change the game ?

it is a preseason game . our offense is vanilla as was their defense .

he had a bad game , no doubt about it but lets attempt at keeping some perspective or have we forgotten last season ?

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what if the pass to reed isnt called back on a holding penalty ? do we have the chance to change the game ?

it is a preseason game . our offense is vanilla as was their defense .

he had a bad game , no doubt about it but lets attempt at keeping some perspective or have we forgotten last season ?

agree can't take the preseason too seriously it's a vanilla offense mostly trying to see what the team can or can't do

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol bad game maybe the worst game a qb can have in the history of all football but I should set back and say his crap he displaid tonight its ok its preseason no no no I willl not his play tonight was horriable and as of right now he does not deserve to start

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we should be concerned. This offense has way too much talent to be held scoreless for a game, which is about what the starting offense has played. Griffin is struggling with pocket passing. The Oline is just like they were last year, piss poor in pass protection. Chester and Licht are going to get someone killed. Between those 2 issues, our passing game is terrible.

Griffin just can't pull the trigger. He is way late on most of his throws. While I'm not ready to give up on him yet, Cousins would be our better option right now if we were interested in short term wins.

Laconic37

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Gruden, starters are not playing against the Bucs. This has me a bit worried because Griffin's confidence will be rattled when the regular season begins.

Freeforall

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why it is that "us" fans and media are going nuts about the struggles of Griffin and the 1st team offense while there are other teams that are just as bad or worse (49ers, 3pts so far in 2 games while playing under the in their same "old" offense). The fans and media are quiet as mice. Cause its the Redskins everything needs to be blown up. Whatever happens this season, take it for what its worth.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have loved to have seen how some of you would have reacted during Gibbs I first year in the league when he started out 0-5. No doubt many of you would have demanded that the Redskins fire him. I would expect the same from many if Gruden has a rough start.

I totally understand the concerns about RG3 & perhaps he will be benched in time if the poor performance continues. However - as I have stated before - people need to calm down & show some patience. I understand that the team is better at some of the skill positions. However - there are still some holes & the team is learning a different system with a new coach. We need to see how this plays out over at least the first month. As always - I want what is best for the team & the long run. We will see.

HTTR

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he plays like this two weeks into the regular season, then its time to panic. Not today. His decision making last night sucked just like it did vs Cleveland, but without game planning its hard to know how much his decision making is a result of that, or if that's just who he's going to be.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he plays like this two weeks into the regular season, then its time to panic. Not today. His decision making last night sucked just like it did vs Cleveland, but without game planning its hard to know how much his decision making is a result of that, or if that's just who he's going to be.

:agree: absolutely correct

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The real crux of the issue here is, the mistakes he is making are basic football 101 type stuff. Break the pocket, no one is open, throw the ball away. First two reads arent there, go to your check down. I'll give him a pass on accuracy. Because if you have grown up playing backyard ball, and all of a sudden try and become a pocket passer, accuracy will suffer. I think he is used to gauging throws not only based on the WRs movement, but his own at the time of the throw. He appears to be having trouble adjusting to only the WR being in motion during the time of the throw. I wont say its time to panic... but we might need to seriously lower expectations on RG3.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this take myself

Brian Mitchell disagreed.

“I’m still going with RGIII, and the reason I’m going to go with him is because I think overall he gives you the best chance of winning,” Mitchell said. “I don’t think he’s a more polished quarterback in the pocket than Kirk Cousins, but I’ve seen Kirk Cousins play, and I don’t think you won a lot of games with him as well. … Kirk Cousins will always look better than [Griffin] in the pocket. But is he better than him?”

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this take myself

Brian Mitchell disagreed.

“I’m still going with RGIII, and the reason I’m going to go with him is because I think overall he gives you the best chance of winning,” Mitchell said. “I don’t think he’s a more polished quarterback in the pocket than Kirk Cousins, but I’ve seen Kirk Cousins play, and I don’t think you won a lot of games with him as well. … Kirk Cousins will always look better than [Griffin] in the pocket. But is he better than him?”

So what about RG3 gives us a better chance to win?? His running ability and the read option. If we are not using him in this manner, I dont think you can 100% say he gives us the best chance to win out of the QBs on roster.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what about RG3 gives us a better chance to win?? His running ability and the read option. If we are not using him in this manner, I dont think you can 100% say he gives us the best chance to win out of the QBs on roster.

His ceiling, not what he shows game 1 in a new system.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: