• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zach Parise

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing as the Devils are for sale, and that the possibility that they are looking to free up a bit of cap space is evident. Zach Parise looks like he would be a great addition and the "magic" LW that would play well alongside Brown and Kopitar.

Devils will probably be looking for a great package in return, don't know what Lombardi would give up for a player like him. On the other hand Arnott & Pandolfo are also UFA's, so I think it will be a busy time come trade deadline for the Devils. Lots of decisions for big Lou.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think that Lou is going to want to keep Parise, because really without him the fans would only get more ticked (especially since the days of Marty will soon come to an end). That said, a lot of this has to do with whether Parise wants to stay. Zach's always struck me to be a pretty loyal guy though, so I can see him wanting to stay. When's he supposed to return anyway?

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not too sure. He might play a couple of games towards the end of the reg season. I have a feeling its going to be a pretty busy trade deadline.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY CRAP IS HE CHEAP! 3.125?!?!?! Great...now I have an over the top expectation for the deadline. But DANG, if Lou's willing to trade him (which he may have to in regards to the salary situation they're in, knowing Parise is up for a big raise), he's gonna be a hot commodity.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Parise were to be traded it would have to be for some other exciting names. I am thinking Jack Johnson and Schenn. Devils need to tell their fans that the 100mil spent on Kovy is going to pay off soon. Getting rid of Parise would be saying the team is in total rebuild mode and a cup run is several years away.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Parise were to be traded it would have to be for some other exciting names. I am thinking Jack Johnson and Schenn. Devils need to tell their fans that the 100mil spent on Kovy is going to pay off soon. Getting rid of Parise would be saying the team is in total rebuild mode and a cup run is several years away.

Really? You think he'd garner that big of a return? IMO i think it involves a bigger name player, prospect and a high pick. But if they are going to do this they can't get a big name player in return because they're going to be selling to a contendor in need of their big players.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking more along the lines of Bernier? a couple prospects & some picks? why I say Bernier, I don't know if in the long run the Kings would be able to keep both Quick and Bernier. Its not fair to have both be wondering who is number one and who is going to be backup and not be able to play 60+ games a season. Kings need to make a solid decision now on who is number 1. Keeping either of them as a backup to play only 10-20 games a year is pathetic. Bernier will be a no.1 goalie for somebody in the near future.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is wishful thinking...and even if he were to be traded it wouldnt be to a division rival, you guys have lost your marbles.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils would be needing help in net for the future.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont link this topic :(

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Teams rebuilding dont trade away their young talent. That would just be counter productive.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is wishful thinking...and even if he were to be traded it wouldnt be to a division rival, you guys have lost your marbles.

I'm in no way thinking he'd come to the Pens. In NO way. He'll be traded to a team that can afford to resign him coming off his RFA deal.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams rebuilding dont trade away their young talent. That would just be counter productive.

they do when they have no money/security to sign him with. Kovy deal was the stupidest decision they could've made.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
they do when they have no money/security to sign him with. Kovy deal was the stupidest decision they could've made.

Arnott comes off the books, Rolston can be moved that will clear another 5mil up. I could see Elias and his 5mil being moved before Parise. Zubrus would be moved before Parise.

They have a ton of options before getting rid Parise.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

hey can't really do that after spending a gajillion dollars on Kovalchuk.
sorry Devs fan, but imho the ONLY thing that can save this team is if a bunch of guys on rookie contracts step up. With Kov., Elias, Marty and Rolston each taking up $5m+, Zajac being an RFA and due a raise into that range... add to that a million for buyouts in each of the next two years, and $1.5 million with a no-trade to a back-up (at least that one was nly a 1 yr deal). not much left to actually build a team.
I don't know enough about their prospects to tell if that is feasible.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arnott comes off the books, Rolston can be moved that will clear another 5mil up. I could see Elias and his 5mil being moved before Parise. Zubrus would be moved before Parise.

They have a ton of options before getting rid Parise.

I'm not even saying there's a great possibility, but I'm saying they may have to consider that option if Parise wants a certain number, which basically they have to give him because the situation in NJ isn't the best.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah. That Kovy deal really was the dumbest signing I've seen yet. There's quite a bit of high contract players on the Devils with some years left (Elias,Zajac,Zubrus, Clarkson,Volchenkov & Tallinder) and if they were to sign Parise, long term, they would have to trade away some key players. Plus, how is there goaltending/defensive future look like?

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not even saying there's a great possibility, but I'm saying they may have to consider that option if Parise wants a certain number, which basically they have to give him because the situation in NJ isn't the best.

They'll give him whatever he asks for, they did it with Kovalchuk and Parise is a much more solid investment.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just throwing this out there. Kings are desperate for a scoring LW with a future. I know there are teams out there looking to rebuild, goaltending needs, etc.

great insights by all.