• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

you're the GM

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thread is - Brock , this is why Rg3 is sitting.

Man, the things that I have to do.......go back and read the very last thing that YOU wrote, that angry face is directed at that because I have been saying that all along only to come up against posts that argue otherwise.

Beyond that, there was nothing that Dad wrote there in line with a in-depth critique of KC's play at the time. Beyond generally saying what has been almost uniformly agreed to as Kirk is the better option, most of what he wrote was about Griffin.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?????? Have no idea what you're talking about! Under what thread title??

i did post that sty , and in your PI to me i forgot about it but it wasnt "my" critique per se but i do agree with it , however i will put out a thread with my feelings about KC

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK,
Right now Gruden has been putting him in position to makes easily makable throws, trouble is he's struggling with those. His accuracy leaves a lot to be desired and even when he hits them the type of catch needed leaves no wiggle for YAC's

Again keep Gruden in mind, the team's scoring average is 19 points per game, but if he won't allow the team to attack more, it says a lot about his level of confidence and Kirk takes the hit as leader of the offense.

The only player that remotely strikes fear in the opposition is DJax, in a QB driven league, on this team the other guy has to be, surprise....the QB. Right now, the league wide game plan against Washington is play 8 in the box and dare Kirk to beat them. That's a huge step, however, as of this moment, it's not one that has been established as an accomplishment. Beyond that his presence makes no one better because he is out there.

I can't say for sure, but his ability to audible into situations that take full advantage of defensive sets and leads to bigger gains simply is not there. Again, maybe that's what has been decided in game planning to keep things relatively safe, but when he's on the field he's in full control and a couple of those type of successful audibles could in fact give Gruden the notion that the guy is chomping at the bit and ready for a heavier load.

BTW: About his on field demeanor, why are the lights out? When was the last time you or anyone else got the impression that he was in charge? He says nothing to his guys, not a pat on the helmet nor an admonishment for good or bad play respectively.

Still needs work on his mechanics, release point is often hurried, throws off of the back foot more than he needs to and with respect to what everyone criticized the other guy for not doing (getting the ball out quickly) his is just the opposite at times, not holding for just another beat.

Notice anything about his head when he drops back?......dude never uses his head or eyes to keep or move DB's and LB'ers. Deep ball is a wash, not enough of them to make a judgment on accuracy and arm strenght there. Again until the opposition sees it......it will be discounted. Personally, I would love to see him display a bit more nimbleness in the pocket and become more of a threat with mobility. Dude can run, we've seen it!!

Just top of my head stuff, but putting it all together, he'll shed himself of that "Game manager" label. The question is can he put it all together, better yet will he be allowed to and why not?? Clock is ticking!

****notice nothing about his propensity to throw picks!

We have no idea if he is audibling unless they tell us.

Sorry for the wrong interpretation of your face Sty. I put the cursor over it and it said "mad." I went with that.

Cousins teammates on offense refute your comment that his ability to create confidence in him.

One thing Cousins has been lauded for is his ability to hit his back foot and get the ball out. Not throw off his back foot, it is a reference that he is making his three step drop and delivering the ball.

Cali has posted numerous breakdowns where they detail Cousins using his eyes to move or hold a safety. He was given credit two games ago for doing that on the winning TD pass.

Agree, I would like to see Cousins take off a little more.

I didn't just name him the starter for the next 8 years. I want to see 11 more games to see where he improves.

He is learning but in the Giant game he didn't adjust protection and missed a crucial play. Next week he learned from the play. Last week he did not adjust in that situation. Will he continue to learn or is this what he is?

I am not a QB coach so I don't know if his accuracy or lack of it is due to mechanics (footwork) and can be fixed or it will be a career long thing.

No matter who slipped, who threw outside because the coach said to throw that ball outside, who didn't adjust pressure etc. etc. The INTs have to eventually become less than they are now.

I'd hope he gets 5 or 6 games with DJax and Reed in the lineup. His production should increase if that happens.

I am so in your court Sty. If they draft a QB I hope it is someone they can develop for a couple of years. Old School. Then it is up to Scot and Gruden (if he is still here) to pick a guy they can work with. Hopefully another off season improves the team some more and whoever is the QB will have more talent next year.

I want to see this team win for a couple of years again. We are about the same age. Until they hired SM I thought there wasn't a snow balls chance in hell I would get to see them win double digit games for a couple of years. All I can say now is :hope::hope::hope: I am too old for favorite players. I want results. :2cents:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we sit here and debate Cousins worth, potential and status moving forward with the team, it's too early to determine where he stands. Based on what we have seen through 5 games, the coach has little confidence to really open up the offense and while likely not saying it aloud, is letting Kirk be a QB game manager which is on Gruden really. This is year 2 in Gruden's system and Kirk's mechanics need lots of work as does his footwork, progressions among other things. I think he has played admirable considering the circumstances but there is a bigger picture for SM. So, as for our QB situation, give Kirk another month to see how he progresses, and if the answer is "YES", we keep him then offer 3 years, low-end starters money or backup money because he really hasn't earned anything more unless he really breaks out against the likes of the Jets, Bucs, Patriots, Saints and Panthers. I see us sitting at 4-6 after those games.

As for the big picture, we are not a playoff team and if by chance we sneak in because the rest of the division has it's best players hurt or they just plain stink and we get in, should not change our current plan of building this team through the draft. NOW, is the time to start compiling draft pics for Mr. McCloughan so he can put them to good use. We should be talking to all playoff hopeful teams who may be interested in players such as Roberts, DJax, Morris (if we don't plan on re-signing him), Goldsten (safety) along with a few others. Now that Schreff has been moved to guard, no NFL front office on this planet would have drafted a guard at 5 but I will give SM a pass on that one. We need young talented players who can contribute and you can do so through the draft but we need more pics moving forward. Am I saying tank the season? No, but let's be realistic here about this season and how we want to build this team moving forward. With this being a QB driven league, we better darn sure develop one quickly, draft one and or bring in a vet.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are a 6-10 team in my opinion . yet people act like we are a 12 win team . we arent getting a franchise qb in the next draft . there isnt one available

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an awful bold statement Dad considering a 6th rounder out of Michigan became a franchise QB.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading some of the ongoing posts about Kirk Cousins where some say that he still needs more time, some ask....for what?, while others insist that there needs to be more trust placed in him by opening up the offense. This got me wondering what was a good way to currently guage where most think he stands after 5 games.

For those of you who want to say that it's too early, save it, that's an excuse to not offer what you truly believe. Attack the messenger? diversion.... and you know it!!! BTW: The ONLY way that this is about Griffin or McCoy will be because YOU make it so!!!

My question: At this point, what SHOULD KC's new contract look like?

I will tell you at the end of this season.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will tell you at the end of this season.

Thanks Gkekoa, looking forward to your assessment about KC's contract at this point. Too bad that I'll have to wait until the end of the season to read it.......Oh-well :D

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an awful bold statement Dad considering a 6th rounder out of Michigan became a franchise QB.

And an Undrafted guy is running things in Dallas (When Healthy). So if we are pointing out these examples, why is every one so darned sure we have to draft Goff or Cook or whom ever the next big flop will be. There are only 5-7 franchise QBs in the league at any given time. Makes moe sense to build the rest of the team and ride with KC.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
name another one besides tom brady i can think of one , romo (who wasnt drafted ) again if you want to hang your hat on one of these qbs coming out as a franchise guy then do so

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Gkekoa, looking forward to your assessment about KC's contract at this point. Too bad that I'll have to wait until the end of the season to read it.......Oh-well :D

I was simply saying, I wouldn't touch a contract for him today.

I would insult him by offering a low ball back up contract if I offered him anything.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was simply saying, I wouldn't touch a contract for him today.

I would insult him by offering a low ball back up contract if I offered him anything.

I see.....thank you very much!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
name another one besides tom brady i can think of one , romo (who wasnt drafted ) again if you want to hang your hat on one of these qbs coming out as a franchise guy then do so

Kurt Warner. That said, I like the chances of finding a franchise QB in the 1st rd a WHOLE lot more than I do of finding a Brady, Romo, or Warner, is any fashion similar to how they were found.

Hell, you can call Brady and Warner's discoveries damn near fairy tales at this point.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt Warner. That said, I like the chances of finding a franchise QB in the 1st rd a WHOLE lot more than I do of finding a Brady, Romo, or Warner, is any fashion similar to how they were found.

Hell, you can call Brady and Warner's discoveries damn near fairy tales at this point.

Agreed, but if you actually look at the stats, only about 1 in 4 or possibly even less of the QBs taken in the 1st round become franchise QBs. For every Luck, there is a Voldemort. For Every Manning there is a Leaf. And in between the two polar opposits, there sits a sea of Staffords, Cutlers, Bradfords etc. So might it not be more prudent to find or in our particular case develop a god mid tier QB and build around him? As much as people want to scream Kirk is not our future at QB.... Kirk compares pretty well to some LONG TERM starters currently playing in the league.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but if you actually look at the stats, only about 1 in 4 or possibly even less of the QBs taken in the 1st round become franchise QBs. For every Luck, there is a Voldemort. For Every Manning there is a Leaf. And in between the two polar opposits, there sits a sea of Staffords, Cutlers, Bradfords etc. So might it not be more prudent to find or in our particular case develop a god mid tier QB and build around him? As much as people want to scream Kirk is not our future at QB.... Kirk compares pretty well to some LONG TERM starters currently playing in the league.

I'm not anti-Kirk. I hope he succeeds. I'd have no problem with having a top 10-15 QB (that is what you mean by mid tier, correct?) Especially if Scotty Mac is in it for the long term. I have confidence he can build a good enough team around that type of QB to compete for SB championships. That's all a fan can really ask for imo.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we can build a top notch team around the guy then we should be fine