• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your top 5 for O and D Rookie for the year

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact remains that he was nearly a 65% passer his last yr as the man in BAL. I'm the last guy to be making an argument for Flacco being a great QB, but BAL had one of the worst supporting casts at WR in the league. We all know it was a terrible contract, and one that Joe would likely not finish in BAL.

Jackson...he was a 58% completion passer with 1200 yds passing (171 yd avg per start) with 6 TD/3 INTs...Flacco has 61%/2465/12/6 in 9 games started. Now, does that look like he couldn't beat out Jackson, OR, BAL looked at their production vs cap hit and just decided the cheaper player was the way to go.

I think once they spent the 1st rounder on Jackson, it was pretty much a wrap that Flacco was being replaced.

I have no idea how DEN is looking at Flacco and Lock, but I agree 100% if the wins are not there early, Elway will pull the plug on Flacco and play Lock....if that does happen then it's doubtful Fant will get the targets. If they are staying in the DIV race, I expect Flacco to be the QB until they are eliminated from the playoffs.
I think the fact that they even drafted a QB like Jackson in the first round says all you need to know about how good Flacco actually was. He proved they could win a SB with a pocket passer, so they go and trade up to spend a first rounder on a guy who is the exact opposite. Baltimore has a pretty sterling draft reputation, so that pick looks even worse from that perspective.

That said, Flacco has clearly been on the decline ever since his SB run. He had a great game to start the year last year, a good game against Pitt and NO, and then it was all flops. I remember watching the game against Cleveland and he looked like a rookie out there. I also don't think his supporting WR cast was awful at all. John Brown was an excellent deep threat for him, Willie Snead was very reliable for Flacco, averaging somewhere around 50 yards or so a game. Crabtree was a decent route runner who made some plays, though the drops were a problem admittedly. They also had pretty solid talent at TE. On top of that, they had a top 10 overall offensive line. Flacco's numbers look even worse when you consider 5 of his 12 TDs came in the first two games. You're spot on about it being an awful contract, but he could've at least tried to look like he was earning it.

I'll be interested to see how the QB spot in Denver plays out. It'll be interesting as a Browns fan, as we travel out to Denver in week 8. It could be right around the time they're ready to put Lock out there.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not good, but not very, very bad.
It is for a dude making that kind of money. I get not putting up gaudy TD numbers in that offense, but that's too many INTs. 2017 was also Flacco's career worst year in terms of QBR at 46.7.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fact that they even drafted a QB like Jackson in the first round says all you need to know about how good Flacco actually was. He proved they could win a SB with a pocket passer, so they go and trade up to spend a first rounder on a guy who is the exact opposite. Baltimore has a pretty sterling draft reputation, so that pick looks even worse from that perspective.

That said, Flacco has clearly been on the decline ever since his SB run. He had a great game to start the year last year, a good game against Pitt and NO, and then it was all flops. I remember watching the game against Cleveland and he looked like a rookie out there. I also don't think his supporting WR cast was awful at all. John Brown was an excellent deep threat for him, Crabtree was a decent route runner, though the drops were a problem admittedly. They also had pretty solid talent at TE. On top of that, they had a top 10 overall offensive line. Flacco's numbers look even worse when you consider 5 of his 12 TDs came in the first two games. You're spot on about it being an awful contract, but he could've at least tried to look like he was earning it.

I'll be interested to see how the QB spot in Denver plays out. It'll be interesting as a Browns fan, as we travel out to Denver in week 8. It could be right around the time they're ready to put Lock out there.

Well, I contend that his WR supporting cast hasn't been much to right home about, (especially after Bolden left, they did get Steve Smith, but mostly had 1 guy...Torrey Smith was a one trick pony).

At the same time I'm not pushing back much on your post here because I think the point is BAL knew they were saddled with a terrible contract for the production. That's why they moved up to draft Jackson.

I was stunned that DEN picked up this contract...I really expected him to be waived and I think BAL did as well.

We shall see, but on our original point on ROTY...I'm kinda conceding that Fant won't win it, but I still think if Flacco is the man all season he will be around the stats I mentioned.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I contend that his WR supporting cast hasn't been much to right home about, (especially after Bolden left, they did get Steve Smith, but mostly had 1 guy...Torrey Smith was a one trick pony).

At the same time I'm not pushing back much on your post here because I think the point is BAL knew they were saddled with a terrible contract for the production. That's why they moved up to draft Jackson.

I was stunned that DEN picked up this contract...I really expected him to be waived and I think BAL did as well.

We shall see, but on our original point on ROTY...I'm kinda conceding that Fant won't win it, but I still think if Flacco is the man all season he will be around the stats I mentioned.
Oh sure, Baltimore's WR corp hasn't been star-studded, but that's just now how their offense runs. They've had success for years because they're a solid running team with great lines and a dominant defense. It's been predicated upon Flacco being at least semi-productive though, which he hasn't been since the SB.

I think Fant's best days will be post-2020, so far as Lock pans out. It will largely depend on that though.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Fant but I think he's in the worst place of the 3 eariy TEs I like . Denver has a great back , a below average QB and they play in a bad weather city .

Smith Jr has a team that likes to air it out but is littered with skill weapons

Hockenson is the guy if look to at TE. Team with a QB who throws it all over the place , no elite weapons on the outside and mediocre running game . He will likely be Stafford's number 1 target this year and I could see 80/1000/8 pretty easy .

If Fant had ended up in Pitt/GB I'd lean his way

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Fant but I think he's in the worst place of the 3 eariy TEs I like . Denver has a great back , a below average QB and they play in a bad weather city .

Smith Jr has a team that likes to air it out but is littered with skill weapons

Hockenson is the guy if look to at TE. Team with a QB who throws it all over the place , no elite weapons on the outside and mediocre running game . He will likely be Stafford's number 1 target this year and I could see 80/1000/8 pretty easy .

If Fant had ended up in Pitt/GB I'd lean his way

Been meaning to ask you.

Thoughts on Falcons draft?

I've talked to my golf buddy, the season tkt holder and a few more guys. The general sense is most are fine with the picks, but really felt like they could've gotten a OT at 45, no need to move up. I tend to agree with this thougt...so, they REALLY had to love McGary.

Quinn has talked about his attitude and it's a clear sign that they want to get back to a nasty OL in the mold of Claybo and Dahl.

I would've preferred Brian Burns at 14, but they covered their biggest needs I liked the draft...Assuming good health, Lingstrum is probably a week one starter and McGary won't be far behind.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Betting Odds Released For 2019 NFL Rookie Of The Year

Offense is geared towards qb's
SO

Offensive
1:Kyler murray
2:Josh Jacobs
3:dwayne haskins
4:Miles Sanders
5:Parris Campbell

Defensive
1: Devin bush
2: Devin White
3:Montez sweat
4: Quinnen Williams
5:Nassir Adderly

I"m a little worried for Montez Sweat ... The odds of the medical staff misdiagnosing a cardiomyopathy is SUPER low... Cardiomyopathy is no joke, you have to aggressively treat it and not be in denial because of money or anything else...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been meaning to ask you.

Thoughts on Falcons draft?

I've talked to my golf buddy, the season tkt holder and a few more guys. The general sense is most are fine with the picks, but really felt like they could've gotten a OT at 45, no need to move up. I tend to agree with this thougt...so, they REALLY had to love McGary.

Quinn has talked about his attitude and it's a clear sign that they want to get back to a nasty OL in the mold of Claybo and Dahl.

I would've preferred Brian Burns at 14, but they covered their biggest needs I liked the draft...Assuming good health, Lingstrum is probably a week one starter and McGary won't be far behind.
I think this draft was a sign they're going for it this year as they really only picked guys to fill immediate needs. Makes sense with the skill guys getting older and the D guys in need of, or close to , needing new deals. It it doesn't work this year you can address DE next year after VB is gone . For now you hope he reverts to 16 form but even if he doesn't the offense should be good enough ( assuming no huge injury bugs like last year ) that 10 wins plus should be the goal.

McGary has a mean streak ( as does Lindstrom ) and Quinn has talked about needing more tough guys on the OL. I think these 2 adds along with FA really address the only glaring immediate needs. Assuming everyone is back to 100 ( Neal, Allen , Jones, Freeman especially ) I'll be disappointed with anything less than 11-5 really even with the schedule

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEFENSE:
Nick Bosa
Quinnen Williams
Rashad Gary
Ed Oliver
Devin White

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m a little worried for Montez Sweat ... The odds of the medical staff misdiagnosing a cardiomyopathy is SUPER low... Cardiomyopathy is no joke, you have to aggressively treat it and not be in denial because of money or anything else...
Yes and no. There’s many many forms of cardiomyopathy. Some so minor that they cause no symptoms or worries (like sweat it appears). What your talking about is when it has already lead to heart failure

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this draft was a sign they're going for it this year as they really only picked guys to fill immediate needs. Makes sense with the skill guys getting older and the D guys in need of, or close to , needing new deals. It it doesn't work this year you can address DE next year after VB is gone . For now you hope he reverts to 16 form but even if he doesn't the offense should be good enough ( assuming no huge injury bugs like last year ) that 10 wins plus should be the goal.

McGary has a mean streak ( as does Lindstrom ) and Quinn has talked about needing more tough guys on the OL. I think these 2 adds along with FA really address the only glaring immediate needs. Assuming everyone is back to 100 ( Neal, Allen , Jones, Freeman especially ) I'll be disappointed with anything less than 11-5 really even with the schedule

Ehh...I think they need a bit more than just OL...granted the injured players all coming back healthy is a game changer for sure...11-5 wins is pretty optimistic if they don't get a pass rush but I hear ya....they're facing quite a few good QBs this season.

I'm more down on VB than positive...imo Quinn is going to have to scheme him to the QB to even sniff dbl digit sacks again...he can't make a living trying to speed past every OT lining up in front of them. I think the DIV boils down to NO and ATL....10-6 should be in the mix for the south.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. There’s many many forms of cardiomyopathy. Some so minor that they cause no symptoms or worries (like sweat it appears). What your talking about is when it has already lead to heart failure

Cardiomyopathy puts you at risk for dangerous heart rhythms though, it's a big killer in young athletes... that and prolonged QT syndrome ... I know there are different types, but anytime they notice that in an echo test it's gotta be taken seriously...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh...I think they need a bit more than just OL...granted the injured players all coming back healthy is a game changer for sure...11-5 wins is pretty optimistic if they don't get a pass rush but I hear ya....they're facing quite a few good QBs this season.

I'm more down on VB than positive...imo Quinn is going to have to scheme him to the QB to even sniff dbl digit sacks again...he can't make a living trying to speed past every OT lining up in front of them. I think the DIV boils down to NO and ATL....10-6 should be in the mix for the south.
They added some solid depth pieces on the DL and LB but I think the pass rush will be better if only because the secondary should be much improved

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardiomyopathy puts you at risk for dangerous heart rhythms though, it's a big killer in young athletes... that and prolonged QT syndrome ... I know there are different types, but anytime they notice that in an echo test it's gotta be taken seriously...
No I agree. But I’ve had things show up on an echo . I work out with a hr sustained in the 150s for 60+ min. You’re 100% correct. There are many factors and it can be serious. But it can be nothing, and it can be managed. Can kill u too.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I agree. But I’ve had things show up on an echo . I work out with a hr sustained in the 150s for 60+ min. You’re 100% correct. There are many factors and it can be serious. But it can be nothing, and it can be managed. Can kill u too.

Dam, so you either do hot yoga or you're a fireman, am I close ?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dam, so you either do hot yoga or you're a fireman, am I close ?
ha no AMT freemotion machines.......

i just like pushing limits........ive got my resting HR at about 53-55 during the day.......As low as 35/36 when i first wake up.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They added some solid depth pieces on the DL and LB but I think the pass rush will be better if only because the secondary should be much improved

I would kinda go the opposite with that...DL pressure moreso impacting the coverage, but they go hand in hand regardless. Most think Manuel was running Quinn's DEF so it will be interesting to see how Coach Q does it...will he blitz more if the front 4 is not getting home? I think Devondre Campbell could be a 5-6+ guy if he was cut loose more often.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha no AMT freemotion machines.......

i just like pushing limits........ive got my resting HR at about 53-55 during the day.......As low as 35/36 when i first wake up.

Wow, yeah that's a low resting heart rate... I couldn't achieve that unless you put me in an ice chamber and left me in there for about 2 hours... lol Sounds like you're extremely cardio fit... I saw a show once about people that race in the tour de france and how they have really low heart rates from extreme cardio fitness from biking so much, they also showed the amount of blood each beat was capable of putting out as compared to the average person, it was impressive....