• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your top 5 for O and D Rookie for the year

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess at the top rated rookies by year's end:

OFFENSE:
1. Miles Sanders - I think he landed in a great spot. I wouldn't be shocked if he had a Doug Martin-esque rookie year. Howard may start at the beginning of the year, but as a FA at the end of the year, he'll be phased out quickly.
2. Dwayne Haskins - Would put Kyler but their offensive line is still absolutely horrendous, and I just don't see him succeeding in that case, at least not as much as Haskins should.
3. Kyler Murray - While it's not his fault, and he does have solid weapons, I just don't see a first year HC and rookie QB having a ton of success behind the league's worst OL.
4. Josh Jacobs - Boom or bust ROY pick, IMO. He's going to be the clear cut starter most likely, but having Isaiah Crowell there will take away some touches, enough to bump him down.
5. Mecole Hardman - He's an elite athlete, and if they plan on using him to replace Hill, the volume will be there. With his versatility and elite QB situation, he could have a really good rookie year.

DEFENSE:
1. Nick Bosa - It's a stacked defensive line in SF, meaning opposing teams won't be able to double team him as much as they would if he were on another team. I think he has double digit sacks easily, health permitting.
2. Devin Bush - In a great spot, landing most likely as a starter with Bostic being cut, on an already top 10 defense. I think he fills the Shazier role admirably and has a fantastic season.
3. Quinnen Williams - It's difficult to win the ROY as a DT unless you're a generational talent like Aaron Donald or Suh, who are the only DTs to win it since 1994. That said, Williams could be in that generational talent mold.
4. Ed Oliver - Like Williams, he's a uniquely talented and incredibly dominant force on the DL. He could vault to #1 on this list quickly with his ability to get to the passer from the inside.
5. Greedy Williams - Slated to start opposite Denzel Ward, he will likely see plenty of action as teams shy away from throwing to the other side. His tackling is lacking, but his coverage skills were tops in the class. He should have a great year.

Good guesses.

I would drop both QBs...I think both willhave bouts of success and struggle...not sure either will go over 3500 yd/12 TDs.

I like Noah Fant's chances...If he clicks early with Joe he will get plenty of targets. NE likes to spread the ball around, but N'Keal Harry might sneak in there and surprise us.

On DEF I like all your picks...Ed Oliver imo

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good guesses.

I would drop both QBs...I think both willhave bouts of success and struggle...not sure either will go over 3500 yd/12 TDs.

I like Noah Fant's chances...If he clicks early with Joe he will get plenty of targets. NE likes to spread the ball around, but N'Keal Harry might sneak in there and surprise us.

On DEF I like all your picks...Ed Oliver imo
If Haskins doesn't start til later in the season, which long-term would be best, then absolutely. He won't be in the running. I think Kyler will put up numbers, albeit a lot will probably be in garbage time, but his name will carry him IMO.

Fant won't have nearly the numbers to compete. Flacco is a very, very bad QB, and that's a team that runs the ball. I doubt he even finishes with a vote. Not a knock on him, I think he's a phenomenal talent, but he doesn't have the QB to elevate him yet.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Haskins doesn't start til later in the season, which long-term would be best, then absolutely. He won't be in the running. I think Kyler will put up numbers, albeit a lot will probably be in garbage time, but his name will carry him IMO.

Fant won't have nearly the numbers to compete. Flacco is a very, very bad QB, and that's a team that runs the ball. I doubt he even finishes with a vote. Not a knock on him, I think he's a phenomenal talent, but he doesn't have the QB to elevate him yet.

Kyler...garbage stats do count, but not for ROTY votes unless he's getting some wins...if AZ is hovering around .500, yes, he's in the running, but not with 3 or 4 wins.

Fant...2017, 9-7, 64.1/3141/18/13...those are Flacco's stats his last yr as the full time QB...in today's NFL 3100 yd is pale, but those aren't very very bad QB numbers...in addition, Mike Wallace was his WR1, but look at Ben Watson's #s and comp % to the TEs in general.

BAL ran the ball, as DEN will I get that, but DEN needs more OFC in the AFCW...and Flacco can deliver if he has an OL and decent running game to take the pressure off. They didn't take on his huge cap hit to hand it off 50 times a game.

If he clicks early with Fant, he will get plenty of targets. I can see him 60/800+ yds 6tds.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler...garbage stats do count, but not for ROTY votes unless he's getting some wins...if AZ is hovering around .500, yes, he's in the running, but not with 3 or 4 wins.

Fant...2017, 9-7, 64.1/3141/18/13...those are Flacco's stats his last yr as the full time QB...in today's NFL 3100 yd is pale, but those aren't very very bad QB numbers...in addition, Mike Wallace was his WR1, but look at Ben Watson's #s and comp % to the TEs in general.

BAL ran the ball, as DEN will I get that, but DEN needs more OFC in the AFCW...and Flacco can deliver if he has an OL and decent running game to take the pressure off. They didn't take on his huge cap hit to hand it off 50 times a game.

If he clicks early with Fant, he will get plenty of targets. I can see him 60/800+ yds 6tds.
Flacco doesn’t click, he’s bad

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just depends on how strong the rookie class is. Like last year Baker would have won it easily in another year and Barkley just had a ridiculous year. I just wouldn't bet on Fant bc of the fact not one TE ever won the award. He could definitely have a damn good year though. Jacobs is going to get all the touches in the world so I would think he is the frontrunner imo. QB's are a hit or miss especially if they don't end up with a good record.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just depends on how strong the rookie class is. Like last year Baker would have won it easily in another year and Barkley just had a ridiculous year. I just wouldn't bet on Fant bc of the fact not one TE ever won the award. He could definitely have a damn good year though. Jacobs is going to get all the touches in the world so I would think he is the frontrunner imo. QB's are a hit or miss especially if they don't end up with a good record.
Gruden is a moron, he signed Crowell for a reason

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read earlier this offseason that since the Ravens' SB win in 2013, Flacco has had something like the 29th best QBR in the league. He has been downright putrid. Lamar Jackson can barely throw a beach ball into a lake and he beat him out. I just don't see it going well. Honestly, it wouldn't shock me if Lock is out there by midseason.

60/800/6 is solid, but I doubt that gets it done.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read earlier this offseason that since the Ravens' SB win in 2013, Flacco has had something like the 29th best QBR in the league. He has been downright putrid. Lamar Jackson can barely throw a beach ball into a lake and he beat him out. I just don't see it going well. Honestly, it wouldn't shock me if Lock is out there by midseason.

A lot of this comes down to which Flacco we see. Footballoutsiders had Flacco 16th-20th ranked in its various rankings last year. That Flacco could go 16 games.

In 2017, he was 25th-32nd in various rankings. If that Flacco shows up, he might not last three games. Or he'd be like when the Jeff Fisher Rams started Shaun Hill and he lasted less than 1 game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense

1. Josh Jacobs... Should get the most opportunities
2. N’Keal Harry... If he can master the X’s and O’s AND stay off Bill’s shit list then he’ll develop a great rapport with Brady early on.
3. Mecole Hardman... Again, opportunities. But more importantly, this offense will provide him the BEST opportunities to excel. Mahomes knows how to get the ball to the open man. And without Hill in the lineup, I see a lot more mid-range & dump passes.
4. Kyler Murray... Not big on this kid. Pretty overrated, but he’ll have the keys from day 1. His success will hinge on the development of their O-line.
5. Dwayne Haskins... Honestly could see this kid having a stellar rookie year before disappearing into obscurity. He’s a good closer, but limited ceiling.

Dark horse: David Montgomery. My favorite RB of the class. Just depends on whether Chicago trusts him out the gate and how much Cohen eats into his role .

Defense
1. Josh Allen... Him rushing edge with that defense is scary.
2. Devin White...
3. Nick Bosa... Not big on him personally, but he’s going to play on a stacked front. He should be able to get a lot of 1v1 opportunities. If he’s the player everyone thinks he is, he should dominate.
4. Devin Bush... Should be the day 1 Mack LB on a top 10 defense. But the acquisition of Mark Barron clouds his situation. He could be a supplemental role in the big dime as an additional S/LB. If he starts, I think he’ll be a force in the middle.
5. Quinnen Williams... Have to put this guy in here as I think he’s the best D-lineman of the draft class. He could be a generational type talent.

Dark horse: Ed Oliver... His game speaks for itself. And the Bills have a history of developing stellar D-lineman.

I never pick a Patriot for any of these awards except maybe Brady and MVP? NE just sets different game plans week in and week out. So even if they have a super star that player will not be the focus every week thus deminishing their chance at winning.

If I had to select a NE player it would be JoeJuan Williams, CB out of Vandy. I don't think he'll even be top 5 of the DROY voting but as a DB in a NE defensive scheme, which doesn't blitz a lot a DB with an outstanding year has the only chance IMO.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also watch Harry highlights. Dude NEVER gets separation

Very true, I'm not sure he could run by me? His strength is just that, his strength. He out muscles guys. He'll be a threat on short passes for 1st downs where he turns and just boxes a guy out. Same in the EZ or he'll win the jump ball or fade.

NE didn't draft him for his speed. First I don't think Brady can air it out like he used to. He'll still give it a shot to keep the D honest but that's not their game.

Maybe he fills more of a Gronk style role where he runs up the seam? Imagine a healthy DT, Gordon, JE 11 and Harry all coming at you? We may see that come late in the season:hope: one can hope.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles did this with McCoy and Westbrook. The only reason Kareem Hunt didn't get the same treatment in the same offense is because Spencer Ware got hurt. These guys know how to bring along RBs at the right pace.

Not agreeing with the comparison isn't the same as not understanding. I don't agree with the comparison.

Too funny FeableNuts tries making a comparison of a system, yet two of the players never played in that system. When called on it he does the Philly Moon Walk
tenor.gif

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with the news of Isaiah Crowell's torn Achilles's tendon, Josh Jacobs just got a large bump, as he's the clear bellcow in the Oakland backfield. He has a chance to get 250+ touches this year easily.
Guess we won't be seeing a lot of the Gruden banana split y plays getting called:D

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

18/13 not bad:scratch:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true, I'm not sure he could run by me? His strength is just that, his strength. He out muscles guys. He'll be a threat on short passes for 1st downs where he turns and just boxes a guy out. Same in the EZ or he'll win the jump ball or fade.

NE didn't draft him for his speed. First I don't think Brady can air it out like he used to. He'll still give it a shot to keep the D honest but that's not their game.

Maybe he fills more of a Gronk style role where he runs up the seam? Imagine a healthy DT, Gordon, JE 11 and Harry all coming at you? We may see that come late in the season:hope: one can hope.
I’m
Not sure tbh. I loved him coming out, loved him. Couldn’t figure out why he was sliding on draft boards. I now see why. But he’s a monster. He’s metcalf on jump balls and contested balls with a better route tree and not as fast

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: You haven't had a kind word for the Raiders since they traded ( stole) Brown,
Honestly. It’s not about brown.

They can have him. Truly great player. Generational imho on how he plays and approaches the game, pleasure to watch. He’s also a huge cancer. Pgh knee this for some time, others just got to see it.

My non kind words for Oakland do not stem from AB. They stem from that knucklehead in charge now. Wel the three owner, the coach, the GM

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see people picking Harry and that does not make a lot of sense to me.

1. The Pats offense is a lot to pick up in one year

2. TB putting a lot of faith in a rookie not likely

3. Dink and Dunk Pats still prefer the majority of their passes in the short game.

4. Jules still in place

5. The Pats are quietly becoming a run first team.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact remains that he was nearly a 65% passer his last yr as the man in BAL. I'm the last guy to be making an argument for Flacco being a great QB, but BAL had one of the worst supporting casts at WR in the league. We all know it was a terrible contract, and one that Joe would likely not finish in BAL.

Jackson...he was a 58% completion passer with 1200 yds passing (171 yd avg per start) with 6 TD/3 INTs...Flacco has 61%/2465/12/6 in 9 games started. Now, does that look like he couldn't beat out Jackson, OR, BAL looked at their production vs cap hit and just decided the cheaper player was the way to go.

I think once they spent the 1st rounder on Jackson, it was pretty much a wrap that Flacco was being replaced.

I have no idea how DEN is looking at Flacco and Lock, but I agree 100% if the wins are not there early, Elway will pull the plug on Flacco and play Lock....if that does happen then it's doubtful Fant will get the targets. If they are staying in the DIV race, I expect Flacco to be the QB until they are eliminated from the playoffs.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed.